Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFL 2017-2018 Season

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1545 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

Ezekiel Elliot announcement expected tomorrow.

In other news, QUIT HURTING EACH OTHER IN THE PRESEASON YOU BOZOS

Edited by Bartimaeus, 10 August 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7233 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

http://www.espn.com/...was-really-easy

maybe not the sharpest pencil in the box. pre-season is defenses and offenses playing most vanilla packages possible, and the vets is playing at 80% effort... at most. am suspecting a few afc south linebackers has unneeded bulletin board material in anticipation o' playing 'gainst the jaguars. sadly, the guy most likely to pay for fournette mouthiness is blake bortles, who will no doubt be digging his chin strap outta his ear after the rookie running back whiffs on blocks 'gainst defenders coming on unexpected blitzes.

http://www.espn.com/...ended-six-games

appeal down to 4?

HA! Good Fun!

ps is gauche, but am gonna indulge in "i told you so." even on these boards we warned 'bout off-the-field issues when zeke were drafted.  is not a surprise.  

Edited by Gromnir, 11 August 2017 - 08:34 AM.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2547 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Hahaha

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7233 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

bills trade top wr and cb for draft picks and scrubs.  even if the trade works out for the bills in the long run, gotta suck to know bills management has already thrown in the towel on 2017-2018.

HA! Good Fun!

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5380 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

*sigh*

I got nothing.

At least Dallas has a decent stock at #2 RB. Im more worried about the LT to be honest.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6817 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Steam:Keyrock

Zeke suspended 6 games.  Disappointing, but not unexpected.  The Ginger Hammer has shown a willingness to suspend players before with no actual evidence and no formal charges filed.  In an ideal world, the Cowboys appeal, manage to drag out the process for about 8 weeks or so, go 7-1 in the interim, then give in and accept the suspension, Zeke gets a 6 week vacation, the Boys go 4-2 during that time, bringing them to 11-3, Zeke comes back with 2 games left, knocks the rust off, and the Boys go into the playoffs at 13-3 (again) with a super fresh Zeke who has a chip on his shoulder.

Okay, so that's wishful thinking, I know, but the chip on the shoulder part, at the very least, should come to pass.  Uncle Jerry and Coach Garrett should definitely use this as bulletin board "The league is out to get us" and "Us vs them" material.  Our running game should still be good (obviously not as good) without Zeke.  Our first 6 games are:

Giants

@ Broncos

@ Cards

Rams

Packers

@Niners

If we can go 3-3 or better during that stretch, we'll be fine.  The best thing to do now is to win the Super Bowl just to spit in Goodell's face.

Edited by Keyrock, 11 August 2017 - 02:21 PM.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16970 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Goodell is one of the most evil, psychotic scumbag people to live. It says a lot that the NFL owners support him and the NFLPA is too cowardly and wussy to genuinely stand up to him.  The NFL is anti Amerika despite their constant Amerikan army hoopla since they do NOT believe in innocent until proven guilty. And, no, this is NOT about the NFL 'Brand'. The Elliot case did not harm the NFL brand.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1545 posts

Zeke suspended 6 games.  Disappointing, but not unexpected.  The Ginger Hammer has shown a willingness to suspend players before with no actual evidence and no formal charges filed.  In an ideal world, the Cowboys appeal, manage to drag out the process for about 8 weeks or so, go 7-1 in the interim, then give in and accept the suspension, Zeke gets a 6 week vacation, the Boys go 4-2 during that time, bringing them to 11-3, Zeke comes back with 2 games left, knocks the rust off, and the Boys go into the playoffs at 13-3 (again) with a super fresh Zeke who has a chip on his shoulder.

Zeke has 3 days to appeal, and the general guideline is that a decision comes within 10 days. For an investigation that's lasted this bloody long, I doubt they'd take more than that. However, like Gromnir said, he might get it down to 4, maybe even 3.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7233 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

am thinking folks is gonna be surprised when they discover how the zeke elliot decision were reached.  were not goodell in a vacuum. 

"The league’s four outside advisers in the case also attended. They were identified in the league’s letter to Elliott as Peter Harvey, the former attorney general of New Jersey; former NFL safety Ken Houston, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame; Tonya Lovelace, the chief executive officer of Women of Color Network, Inc; and Mary Jo White, a former federal prosecutor and former chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission."

these folks came to a consensus decision regarding elliot violation o' nfl policy and then goodell interviewed 'em separate. 

the cba doesn't require guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and innocent until proven guilty has never been a standard applied serious outside a courtroom in any case. mom sees the broken lamp in the living room and she ain't calling in investigators to prove whether billy or betty were at fault. your neighbor manages to avoid a sex trafficking charge thanks to a bad warrant and who amongst us asks him to watch over your kids for a few hours while you run back to the office to get your missing laptop?  folks should realize the league's personal conduct policy is at issue and not the state o' ohio's criminal code. 

in the next few days, is gonna become known just how different were this process compared to the ray rice non-suspension/suspension. hopefully some folks is open-minded and honest enough to consider the possibility the nfl got it right this time. might wanna wait to judge 'til more is known.

HA! Good Fun!

• Hurlshot and ShadySands like this

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1545 posts

But it's much easier to judge now based on limited information and previous screw-ups by the NFL... :p

Edited by Bartimaeus, 11 August 2017 - 09:16 PM.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16970 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Anyone who trusts the NFL is an idiot.   Funny though you are willing to give Goodell and the NFL the benefit of the doubt but not the law (who you presumably work for) or an individual. That is hilarious! Comparing a mom dealing wit a broken lamp to this is silly and the name syou listed all have an obvious agenda. I wouldn't trust them to be unbias. But, yeah, keep 'an open mind' mind on behalf of the  malicious satanic and evil NFL but not the law or the individual. LMAO

Still funny you think the NFL deserves 'benefit of the doubt' but nobody else does. :p

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6817 posts

Without seeing the full extent of the NFL's investigation into the allegations against Zeke, something I'm quite sure the public will never see, heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke himself never sees the full report, I cannot make a fully informed judgement on whether Goodell and the NFL acted correctly.  Given my opinion of Goodell and the NFL brass (it contains words that this forum's software would auto-censor) and their recent history of inconsistent rulings and flip-flopping on rulings, I'm not about to give them the benefit of the doubt.  

Obviously, as a Cowboys fan, I'm going to be biased (that's human nature) and lean toward wanting to believe Zeke's side of the story, since I want him on the field giving opposing teams' defensive coordinators nightmares.  That said, if presented with solid evidence of wrongdoing on Zeke's part, I would have no choice but to change my stance.  Having been given no such evidence there is nothing to sway me away from leaning toward believing Zeke.  All I, or anyone else in the general public, has to go on, are the allegations and the fact that the prosecution thought the accuser's testimony was inconsistent and not substantial enough to warrant making a formal charge.

I'm sure there were spats that contained verbal jabs and there may have been physical contact from one or both parties, as is common when relationships end on a sour note.  It's certainly possible that there was physicality that crossed the line from Zeke.  It's also possible that this is the "revenge" of a vindictive ex who realized that she's about to miss out on riding the gravy train of Zeke's NFL money.  Given the scant (read: nonexistent) details we've been given, I find both scenarios equally as plausible.  The NFL is a private organization and can use whatever standards they see fit for their tribunal, they don't have to follow the United States' mantra of innocent until proven guilty.  I, however, do follow said mantra.  Until I am presented with solid evidence of Zeke's guilt, I will continue to presume him innocent.

Edited by Keyrock, 12 August 2017 - 08:55 AM.

• Bartimaeus likes this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16970 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm a Giants fans and it only helps me that Cowboys lose one of their best players but its irrelevant. I don't trust Goodell and the NFL. Anyone who does depsite their secrecy and their 'trsut us we know' nonsense are either morans or brainwashed. They've been caught in lies, delusions, and hiding the facts multiple times.  What is to trust? Heck, they convicted  people even when their own investigators told them there wans't enouh evidence. LMAO

• Keyrock likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6817 posts

I may not be as extreme in my denouncement of Goodell and the NFL and Volo, but, for once, I can agree with a Giants fan.  Give Goodell and the NFL the benefit of the doubt.  Based on what?  Based on their record of dubious rulings, backtracking, inconsistency, and secrecy?  I should blindly trust them based on that?  Are you daft?  I mean, sure, the NFL might not be quite as corrupt as FIFA (they have yet to put out a full feature movie about their honor and purity within a year of a scandal that sees their high ranking officers arrested for fraud) but I'm not about to give them even a modicum of trust.

Edited by Keyrock, 12 August 2017 - 11:49 AM.

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1714 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I knew 'Doug Fauts' replaced Dan Fouts in the booth, but had no idea the Chargers are 1-0 and still from SD.

https://twitter.com/abc7error?lang=en

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1545 posts
You can link to a specific tweet by clicking on the tweet in question (as it will update the URL), FYI.

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1714 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I know, brevity can't always convey an apropos comedy of errors. Sorry if multiple tweets come across similarly to putting ketchup and mayo on your burger.

Bolts fans, tomorrow, Tuesday, 1pm to 1am Pacific, don't miss it, your Los Angeles Chargers offering free team-themed tattoos from Shamrock Social Club, West Hollywood. Be there, or, don't. 

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1545 posts
Yeah, I looked at more of their errors. Seems like an unusual amount, even for a local news station.

In regards to the tattoos, I think I heard it summed up elsewhere best: the Chargers want you to get something permanent of them...right after they move cities. Hmm.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1545 posts
NFLPA's response to the Zeke allegations: https://twitter.com/...884477984256001

We are so going to have a lockout in 2020.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

How cool is this? https://sports.yahoo...-204457879.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users