Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter

LordCrash

Sitting on minimum pledge for now (stupid Aussie dollar is sinking fast), but I'd totally triple it if I can play a female thief. Don't care the slightest bit about the other classes, but yeah, thief!

Weirdly enough, this is my sentiment to the tee! A cool Nikita Sheila with a smorgasbord of dirty, cruel, and disgusting men to dispose of. Let the arrows fly, I say!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Fortunately then it reads that the future acts are intended to be full-blown sequels to a full-scale game. Which considering the price they're asking for them (an extra ~$100 for act 2, and an extra ~$250 on top of that for act 3 *holy cow*), had better be the case.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I dont like it as well, but if you want all 3 acts for reasonable price I suggest to pick only act 1 now. Devs stated that it was on purpose to put other acts so high now. I bet you will be able to get it after Act 1 is released for 20-30 bucks each.

Here is some explanation:

We definitely intend to make Acts II & III and release them as soon as possible. However, our funding and schedule does not reach past first Act. We will finalize our plans for the release of Acts II & III when we get closer to the release date of Act I. For these reasons we don’t want to offer and promise them as a Kickstarter reward in their own right. We want to use them as a token of our gratitude to higher tiers backers, but you should think about it more like 100% discount offer than a guaranteed reward.

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I didn't back this as I'm a bit sceptical of the game, its funding and schedule. They're raising funds for Act 1 but if you back at a tier that includes Act 2 & 3, then who knows when that will be released. They say 9 months between each Act and going on their schedule, that means: Act 1 Dec 2015, Act 2 Sep 2016 and Act 3 Jun 2017 if everything goes to plan. And with game development, nothing goes to plan.

After they release Act 1, they'll be spending time fixing bugs at the same time trying to release Act 2 in 9 months time? I don't see how. If they spend a couple of months fixing bugs, then their 9 month development time will be more like 6 months.

Also, I thought it was a bit cheeky of them charging postage (to certain destinations) on their top tier as well. :lol:

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II
  • Like 1

Well they are not gathering funds for game itself. 500K bucks is no-way near of funds they need to finish it. Its purpose is to give their investor confidence that there are people who want such game to continue financing them

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Fortunately then it reads that the future acts are intended to be full-blown sequels to a full-scale game. Which considering the price they're asking for them (an extra ~$100 for act 2, and an extra ~$250 on top of that for act 3 *holy cow*), had better be the case.

Hello humanoid. The devs clearly stated in interviews that they are breaking the full game into 3 separated acts.

Sure, I just mean I imagine it more like The Banner Saga's format (where I'm fine just playing one segment) rather than the more literal episodic approach of Telltale's games, where all the episodes of a season are required to get anything out of the game.

The former case is more like the concept of "standalone expansions" that are used to be somewhat common. Telltale's approach on the other hand seems completely vestigial these days.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Just the game I always wanted.

Backed before watching the trailer or reading the details.

--

They did mention the target is about 10% of the actual budget. Or was it 10% of the remaining budget?

Anyway, hope they go well high above the kickstarter target.

Edited by Jarmo

If it wasn't Czech, I would've backed it. Have zero trust in Eastern European game devs.

Flashpoint, Mount&Blade, Arma, Witcher? Really?

Flashpoint - never heard of it.

Mount&Blade - quake2 graphics and an idea that keeps you excited for half an hour.

Arma - engine so bad, it could barely produce 30fps on a high end machine.

Witcher - it's for 13 year old boys who sublimate their inability to have real intercourse with a real woman by playing this game, hence its popularity. No rpg value in it whatsoever. And the book is just as bad.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

If it wasn't Czech, I would've backed it. Have zero trust in Eastern European game devs.

Flashpoint, Mount&Blade, Arma, Witcher? Really?

Mount&Blade - quake2 graphics and an idea that keeps you excited for half an hour.

Witcher - it's for 13 year old boys who sublimate their inability to have real intercourse with a real woman by playing this game, hence its popularity. No rpg value in it whatsoever. And the book is just as bad.

The Witcher is considered an excellent RPG, and the Witcher 2 is even better. I l enjoyed the Romance arcs in the Witcher games, but the card system obviously needed to be improved on. So you won't be playing the Witcher 3 when its released?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The Witcher was still completely juvenile when it came to sex. 

Kingdom Come looks awesome.

The sex options were a small part of the gameplay, that shouldn't be a reason to dismiss the whole game?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I hope such low physical rewards won't hurt them.

The Witcher was still completely juvenile when it came to sex. 

Kingdom Come looks awesome.

The sex options were a small part of the gameplay, that shouldn't be a reason to dismiss the whole game?

I didn't say it did.

Get rid of the stupid sex scenes and the locked content and The Witcher 3 would be perfect. 

Yes, I said get rid of the locked content. The main story should never lock the player out. I understand the appeal, but it just doesn't work for a linear product. And let's face it - video games are linear stories. The Banner Saga recently exemplified this: it had many different branching plot points, but ultimately, the main story got to the same place. It never wavered from the spine. Branching Plot is very, very different from Branching Story. It's honestly why I like ME3 and DA2's story over TW2's.

• Like 1

Fair enough. A very different viewpoint from mine, but a valid one.