Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SW: The Old Republic Part 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
634 replies to this topic

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4766 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000
The best thing since Kotor?

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2671 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well, although there haven't been any in-game rewards, and I've not had access to the Light Side or Dark Side items.. my main character has pretty much walked the path of neutrality regardless. So at the moment it balances out around positive 450 points on the scale.. with a few thousand light side and dark side points..

But then I started the game with the idea of seeing how well a Sith Inquisitor could walk that route rather then go Light or Dark. Characterwise, you can pull it off without being schizophrenic.

So I'll be looking forward to see what possibilities might open up in the future for people who poke at the grey path.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3547 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well Im all ate up with evil. I think Im Dark III now and have a nice decaying look about my face. Ive purposely chosen DS whenever possible except for a few mistakes in the beginning of the game and letting Thana live.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5199 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Seems weird to get that as a non-Force user.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 5967 posts
Better than Skyrim

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8210 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
NEW CONTENT ON THE 17th! That is all.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5199 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

New hangar bays ?

kirottu

kirottu

Animeholic

• Members
  • 4067 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

New hangar bays ?

I want new loading screens.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7089 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wow that's fast. Hopefully it will be something good.

Turbine used to release a content patch every other month for Asheron's Call. Those were good days. I'll be very happy if they give us some new content every 3-4 months.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8210 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think it's a new flashpoint and a new operation with some extra quests on Illium.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5199 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hopefully it's more Black Talon than Hammer Station, heh.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2671 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well here's some of the info given out on the upcoming patches and updates..

First up, GameSpot spoke to James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic. In the talk, Ohlen elaborates on the intentions of the Legacy System:

We wanted to have a system that encouraged players to create alts and to play the game through the different story paths. So the legacy system is meant to do that.

As an added bonus, Ohlen reveals that the next game update, coming in March, will be when they release guild banks, PvP rankings, and more including something that intrigues me greatly – the events system:

In addition to that we have a team we’re calling the events team, and I can’t go into too much detail, but we’ll be talking more about it in the future. We have a team that is focused essentially on providing content and events throughout the galaxy that make the Star Wars: The Old Republic galaxy a living, breathing galaxy where things are changing.

Next, PC Gamer talked with Lead Endgame and PvP Designer Gabe Amatangelo about the Legacy System as well. He expanded on the family tree concept, and revealed that your future login screen might look a tad different than it does now:

You’ll be able to use the system to create specific relationships between all of your characters, turning the jumbled pile of characters on your login screen into an organized family tree of fathers, daughters, wives, and brothers.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5199 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

You’ll be able to use the system to create specific relationships between all of your characters, turning the jumbled pile of characters on your login screen into an organized family tree of fathers, daughters, wives, and brothers.

Riight. Different story paths with the legacy system does sound interesting, though. Any word on GTN, UI or texture changes? :)

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7089 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Events sound a bit like what went on in Rifts, which were pretty cool.

edit: My number one wish is a match chestpiece setting. My trooper looks horrible.

Edited by Hurlshot, 12 January 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5199 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Wasn't that in beta ? I'd also like some sort of commendation exchange too (or maybe have them BoA, so your alts can benefit from your leftovers).

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2671 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yeah.. I know my Sith Inquisitor is walking the grey path.. but I managed to get him matching robes and all (orange ones so I've been able to mod them) but dang it..they're all grey and a sort of "mint blue". Not exactly sharp Sith Assassin wear... :)

Now if I want to take all the mods out, it'll cost a small fortune, and I won't be guaranteed that whatever I put them in will actually match/improve what I'm currently wearing.

It would be really nice if you had some sort of function that would let you know what the overall stats would be in something if you do transfer all armor/mods/enhancements across.

The "match to chest piece" option was in beta, but apparently there were some issues that cropped up when they had to change other things. So rather then have something broken, they took it out, and have mentioned that they do plan to reintroduce something in the same vein, but "improved". But so far, there have been no details on that...

Spider

Spider

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2121 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm not sure what you mean here. All mods do what they do regardless of what gear you put them in, do they not? A mod that gives +14 endurance will do just that in all gear it gets added to?

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2671 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm not sure what you mean here. All mods do what they do regardless of what gear you put them in, do they not? A mod that gives +14 endurance will do just that in all gear it gets added to?

Not that specifically, I mean things like improvements to the Armor and level of the actual article itself. Not the direct "enhancement to stats" parts of it.

Hm, and from Emmanuel Lusinchi, the Technical Design Director

“The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.”

Edited by Raithe, 12 January 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Spider

Spider

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2121 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Still not getting it. Only armoring mods change the armor value, and they will be identical between two orange pieces of the same type, ie two chest armors. Afaik there are no hidden stats when it comes to mods, they all do what they say they do.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8210 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think to a degree, they might make it so that the mods will also change the color of the armor, in the same way lightsaber crystals change the color of the blade.

I finally managed to get my Knight back... it took me re-doing two questlines to pull it off however

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users