Your game collection

Pidesco

awesome.

I only have a few of my older games left. I tend to get rid of things once I decide I most likely won't play them again.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Sorry about the craptastic pic. House moving operation underway, so camera and games are at a different place and this room has only smaller light sources.

post-25926-1292272882_thumb.jpg

I think I got the original Deus Ex (not GOTY, which I have too) hiding somewhere, as well, but I'd say those three are the crown jewels of the collection. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

All that's left of the System ShockII box... :(

sysshock-label1.jpg

Still have the whole IWD box tho...but I think I tossed the cheap cloth map...

iwd-box1.jpg

I still have most of the games I've bought...just not their whole boxes. Still have Snake Rattle N Roll cartridge in a box in a closet, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I really should have hung on to my Amiga + games. In another 10 years those are going to be worth serious $

Also I'm a slob, I don't have much in the way of old games left, CDs live a hard life at my place, sooner or later they all end up as coasters.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

My most important games starting here. Well I have a lot more games but I don't currently have pictures of them. I would have to dig out the original boxes out of my closet.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The only cartons I have left are from The Curse of Monkey Island and Arcanum... All the others went into the garbage can :(

I have a ****load of newer plastic boxes, though. About 200 games all in all...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

i have about 200 games as well, too many to put it a nice little photo without taking way too much effort

i buy about 15 games a year, and have for the last 10 years or so. before that it was 3-4 a year for ten years.

i sold all my genesis and nes games when i was 13, worst decision ever...

my book collection... is much much bigger. particularly if you include comics. its 56 boxes of novels and comics (i know because i moved recently)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i have about 200 games as well, too many to put it a nice little photo without taking way too much effort

You know you don't have to take a shot of all of them, right? I didn't! :)

Whenever I see pictures of Lucian's game collection I think, "I like that blanket. Is that fleece? It looks very warm and comfy. The colors and thick stripes are also very reassuring. His bed spread is nice as well, but what's with the white walls?"

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

A fair proportion of the old game boxes were those two piece ones that can't be flattened. A lot sturdier though so I don't mind. Alas, 90% of my games are back in my parents' place, stuffed in boxes in the garage, hundreds of kilometres from me. :)

I put all the CDs, manuals and yes, registration cards back into them before packing them though, so it's hardly a case of just storing boxes.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I need to get a camera so I can take pics of at least the game CDs.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Whenever I see pictures of Lucian's game collection I think, "I like that blanket. Is that fleece? It looks very warm and comfy. The colors and thick stripes are also very reassuring. His bed spread is nice as well, but what's with the white walls?"

Still, it's where the magic happens!(?)

GameCollection.jpg

This is what I spend my lunch hour doing..

These are the games that I've played in the last.. year or so. I have no idea where the other games are, for example my Collector's Edition of Bioshock (with a Big Daddy action figure..). I am guessing they are in a cupboard somewhere.

If you're wondering why the picture is so bad, it's because I just stuff all my new games on top of this bookshelf, so when I took the picture I was holding my camera over my head without being able to see the screen.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pidesco you have the 3 most important games

huh? I don't see Fallout 2, X-Com or any of Shiny's games. but maybe it's just the bad picture quality :shifty:

I have Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3, and New Vegas. I have Giants on GOG, and Earthworm Jim once upon a time.

Missed X-COM completely at the time of release. Later I loved Terror from the Deep.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

huh? I don't see Fallout 2, X-Com or any of Shiny's games. but maybe it's just the bad picture quality :shifty:

I have Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3, and New Vegas. I have Giants on GOG, and Earthworm Jim once upon a time.

Missed X-COM completely at the time of release. Later I loved Terror from the Deep.

Terror from the Deep was the first X-Com I played, I think I had a demo of it or something... I loved it, I still think the X-Com games are some of the best games ever made.

My life being the way it is, naturally I ended up meeting a level designer who'd worked on it.

Anyways did I tell you guys that I've defected to... EA. *facepalm* Volo's gunna have a field day with that.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I still think the X-Com games are some of the best games ever made.

they are :shifty: well, the original trilogy, of course.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

great interview, thanks! which reminded me of something.

anyone played Laser Squad: Nemesis via e-mail? how was it? how's the game itself?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

great interview, thanks! which reminded me of something.

anyone played Laser Squad: Nemesis via e-mail? how was it? how's the game itself?

I played it way back in the day, when it was brand new. It was interesting, but it isn't comparable to Xcom. It's kind of like playing Chess or something. You plan a move, your opponent plans theirs, and then you watch the results.

You plan a move, your opponent plans theirs, and then you watch the results.

yeah, that's what I liked when I first heard about the game, sounded like a great concept for hendhelds and such. now, with all this talking, I want to try it :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

• 5 years later...

Meganecromancy cast on thread!

I'll be moving next week so I took the opportunity to take an updated picture of a few games in my collection.

Bask in its puny glory.

IMG_20160316_211400.jpg

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

huh? I don't see Fallout 2, X-Com or any of Shiny's games. but maybe it's just the bad picture quality shifty.gif

Terror from the Deep was the first X-Com I played, I think I had a demo of it or something... I loved it, I still think the X-Com games are some of the best games ever made.

My life being the way it is, naturally I ended up meeting a level designer who'd worked on it.

Anyways did I tell you guys that I've defected to... EA. *facepalm* Volo's gunna have a field day with that.

According to a recent poll, most Obsidianites are in fact evil so it doesn't come as a total surprise. Welcome back, glad you're doing well.