Most Important Features

Which feature should Obsidian focus on most?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which feature should Obsidian focus on most?

• New Force Powers
    • New Feats
    • New Animations
    • Sidequests
    • Bigger levels/worlds
    • Improving the sidegames
    • Immersion stuff (hoods, robes, hilts)
    • More cutscenes
    • NPCs more responsive to alignment
    • Combat System Tweaks

For me, in order of preference, it would be:

1 Bigger levels/worlds

2 Sidequests

3 Combat System Tweaks

4 NPCs more responsive to alignment

5 Improving the sidegames

6 More cutscenes

7 New Animations

8 New Force Powers

9 New Feats

10 Immersion stuff (hoods, robes, hilts)

1. Story

2. Characterization

3. Consequences for your actions

Odd how one person's "important feature" is another's icing on the cake.

I also find it curious. That's why I posted the poll.

Look, I love immersion stuff. Ultima 7 remains one of my all time favorite games. I've replayed it countless times. Part of what made Ultima 7 so incredible was how immersive the game was, more so than perhaps any other game I've played.

KOTOR is light years removed from Ultima 7. If the game was close, but needed a little more immersion, I'd say focus on it. However, the gameplay doesn't seen focused on, or reliant upon immersion.

Maybe that's just me.

Earlier you defined immersion stuff as "hoods, robes, [and] hilts." Is that what you're still referring to when you talk about Ultima 7?

As far as clothing goes, I'm rather indifferent to it. If I wanted to dress something in 500 different outfits then I'd break out my dolls.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Gaah! Bigger worlds MUST win! Or else I'm gonna replace Magic with Miniscule in MCA! (Oohh, what a cruel revenge)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Voted for NPCs more responsive to alignment because my first choice wasn't present.

1. Immersive story
  2. Characterizations
  3. Ease of use game interface

Lowest on the list, the dress up my avatar in the latest fashion foppery options... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Earlier you defined immersion stuff as "hoods, robes, [and] hilts." Is that what you're still referring to when you talk about Ultima 7?

As far as clothing goes, I'm rather indifferent to it. If I wanted to dress something in 500 different outfits then I'd break out my dolls.

Ultima 7 was immersive due to many great factors, such as music, dialouge, NPC schedules, and interactivity of items.

For instance, you could go into a farmer's house, kill him if you so desired, rip open a bag of flour, take a bucket to a well, get water, put water on the flour, knead the dough, and bake bread. If you left the dough on the oven too long, the bread would burn. You could mix honey, and make a sweet pie, or use meat for a meat pie if you so desired.

Fans have clammored for flowing capes, hoods, customizable hilts, etc. These things don't greatly change gameplay, but they add a level of immersion.

Look, I love immersion stuff. Ultima 7 remains one of my all time favorite games. I've replayed it countless times. Part of what made Ultima 7 so incredible was how immersive the game was, more so than perhaps any other game I've played

It seems that you haven`t played Baldur`s Gate 2 so far B) .

Anyway i voted for bigger worlds because KotOR wasn`t big enough but i hear that even KotOR 2 will not be big enough! :blink:

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

I voted for Bigger Worlds, just to please the poster above me.

Uhm.. Did I mention you're the prettiest girl I've never laid eye on?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why is storyline not in the poll?

With FU and MCA, I assume that storyline is a given.

Not to mention, that I don't consider it an optional feature of a game, but rather as the building blocks of an RPG.

Why is storyline not in the poll?

With FU and MCA, I assume that storyline is a given.

oh...you've forgotten that it's a starwars game...so its mcas and fus (and the rest of oe) ability of creating a story vs. starwars...

There are millions of us who think there are several great stories in Star Wars.