Most Important Features

Which feature should Obsidian focus on most?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which feature should Obsidian focus on most?

• New Force Powers
    • New Feats
    • New Animations
    • Sidequests
    • Bigger levels/worlds
    • Improving the sidegames
    • Immersion stuff (hoods, robes, hilts)
    • More cutscenes
    • NPCs more responsive to alignment
    • Combat System Tweaks

Whoa, did someone implied Baldur's Gate 2 was as immersive, or more immersive, than Ultima 7? My mind is boggled.

Anyway, i would vote for: NPCs more responsive to alignment, bigger areas, and more roleplaying options. I would vote for more options regarding immersion, but that field is usually broader and up to each one's interpretation, and i wouldn't want to vote for something which was the opposite of what i was thinking.

Please tell me the grahics will be updated from the first kotor! Pull a lil' bit more out of the xbox harware pleeeeaaaase :D

The x-box was pretty stretched by the first game.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I would guess X-box 2 = KotOR 3

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I just put the flower in the oven and voila :p

What happened if you put a flower in the oven?

I think you'd have a dead flower.

People kill flowers all the time. This would just expedite the process.

Oh, and FU = Feargus Urqhart and MCA = Mister Chris Avellone.

I use the abbreviations because I'm lazy and extremely dyslexic. I don't want to mispell and butcher their names (which I may have).

The most important feature on any CRPG is character creation diversity. It allows greater choice for the player to create a character he or she wants, and provides greater replayability for the game itself.

There's no "most important feature", Hades. It's a combination of several. What good would be your most important feature if the gameworld was flat, unresponsive to your actions, and the game was linear? Not much replayable anymore, now, eh?

If you said so, but what is the point of playing a responsive game if you can't get into the game because you are forced to play someone elses character?

This relates to what you said to what i answered... how? The point isn't about playing someone else's character, Hades. You stated, quote:

The most important feature on any CRPG is character creation diversity. It allows greater choice for the player to create a character he or she wants, and provides greater replayability for the game itself.

For one, you assume that feature would provide players with greater replayability... when the element of replayability doesn't need to depend on it. Replayability can exist regardless of how customizable the initial character is. I think this should be obvious, no?

Second, that feature isn't the most important feature of any CRPG (though i would personally rank it as one of the most important, no doubt), simply because, if there isn't a logical creation of elements that respond to your decision while operating character creation, than that feature is wasted. Hence why i asked, what good would your most important feature be if the gameworld did not provided several elements that allowed you to use your character effectively (to roleplay, as it were)? You can't take it out of context just like that. It has to be weighed down with the rest. Thats why Fallout's character creation and application of your character's possibilities are one of the things that make it shine; character creation alone is not important. Torment has a neutered character creation, yet it provided other elements to succeed.

And so on, and so on.

You actually tried to rationalize with Hades One?

You'd accomplish more if you just threw your computer out of the window. Or atleast you'd get a more varied response.

Sometimes I think Hades One is actually a forum bot that just uses one set of dialogue: "I hate this game. I don't want to play as Jedi".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)