• 2 weeks later...

I just began a 2nd game (did not complete the first) and should have a small amount of points (about 15). The game just updated to 1.1.1.  There was no Bereth's Blessings choice when I started the new game. 

The option appears for me. If you are still having this problem, report it in the bug section.

sign.jpg

Thanks for putting this together mate.

I'd like to add a shower-thought this whole Berath Blessing(BB) thing gave me. In almost all the games i've played, "new game+" is always designed to be harder, but in BBs case they just make the game easier.

I just wish there were more stuff other than convenience options; there's a lot of masochists who play these games for the challenge, something like Berath's curses would be a nice feature that adds even more replay value.

• Like 1

I'd like to add a shower-thought this whole Berath Blessing(BB) thing gave me. In almost all the games i've played, "new game+" is always designed to be harder, but in BBs case they just make the game easier.

I just wish there were more stuff other than convenience options; there's a lot of masochists who play these games for the challenge, something like Berath's curses would be a nice feature that adds even more replay value.

The devs already talked about this. It will be called "Magran's Fires".

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Oh now you're just making me excited...!

Oh now you're just making me excited...!

I'm looking forward to combining the blessings and curses and play some weird playthroughs.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Speaking of Magran's Fires, folks might be interested in a topic I started in the Spoiler section of the forum.

Apparently Obsidian has already put in (many/most of) the Achievements tied to the Magran's Fires into the gamedatabundles and SOMEONE ( :biggrin: ) found them today.

Still don't know about the hinderances that Obsidian alluded to, but it's my guess that folks spend points on them to activate them.  I go into a tiny bit more detail in that thread I started, but I don't have much to go on yet.  

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time to update this thread :)

• New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
    • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
    • Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
    • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
    • Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality - also the only way to get Mythic beyond beating a Mega-Boss)
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

Love the new ones!

Unfortunately I’ll have to cheat to get them for my Definitive Playthrough :p

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm guessing that loaded pockets only applies to pickpocketing based off of the description. If it applies to all loot from enemies, even corpses, then it's super useful - if just for pickpocketing, well, at least it makes that a skill I would actually consider using.

• New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
    • Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
    • Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality - also the only way to get Mythic beyond beating a Mega-Boss)

Is there anyone here with beta access who could tell us how much these Blessings cost?

• New Berath's Blessings -New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
  • Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality - also the only way to get Mythic beyond beating a Mega-Boss)
Is there anyone here with beta access who could tell us how much these Blessings cost?
They are expensive. I think all of them are 12 or 15, except the Mythic Discovery which is 30. I currently have a mod up on the Nexus which drops that down to 15 (to bring it in alignment with the major starting money blessing).
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Legendary Crew

Human male, navigator/helmsman (Chatty and Loyal) for 600

Orlan female, deckhand/sailor (Drunk and Fearless) for 600

Moon godlike male, cannoneer/cook (Professional and Religious) for 600

• Like 4

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

All with double specialization? In what way are they superior than regular crew members?

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How many points do the new crew members start with in their skills?

They are seasoned (and therefore maxed) in each of their skills
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how to make Berath's Blessings free?[/size]

I want to make all blessings free, does anyone know how to make this happen?

Normally the Gameplay Tweaks mod on the Nexus does this but the author has hidden the mod.

They are entries easily found in the globals gamedatabundle by searching for either bb or new game. Set the costs to 0 and save individually. BMac's tutorial in the modding forum should be able to cover any gaps.
  • Like 1

Concerning the Crafting/Enchanting discounts:
I've taken a quick look and so far I can say this: Components (like Gunpowder, Reagents etc.) do not seem to be discounted, only the gold cost is.

With the blessing, quality upgrades for weapons and armor cost the following: Fine = 800, Exceptional = 4000, Superb = 12000, Legendary = 24000. For comparison, the original prices are 1000 / 5000 / 15000 / 30000.

Other enchantments (just looked at St. Drogga's Skull and Saint's War Armor) are discounted from 3000 to 2400.
Crafting a grenade now costs 160 gold instead of 200, a Potion of Major Healing 200 instead of 250.

So all in all, the blessing seems to reduce gold cost by 20%.

• Like 5