(Probable) Upcoming Magran's Fires Challenges [Game Data Dive]

So when looking for information about the Bearth's Blessing files in the game data, I found something a little interesting.

Namely, some/many of the upcoming achievements are already in gui.gamedatabundle with the descriptions in achievements.stringtable, even though they don't do anything yet.

All of them are End Game cheevos, as might be expected.  I don't know what the God Challenges are yet, beyond what Obsidian has already mentioned in their last couple updates.  Might look through the game data later tonight when I have a chance.

Challenge The Gods: Complete the game with a God Challenge enabled.  (5 new game points)

Challenge The Pantheon: Complete the game with all God Challenges enabled. (10 new game points)

Diplomat: Complete the game without killing any kith. (5 new game points)

Expert Mode: Complete the game on Expert Mode. (2 new game points)

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Naked Run: Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat. (5 new game points)
No Rest for the Pro: Complete the game with fewer than 10 rests. (5 new game points)
Path of the Damned: Complete the game on Path of the Damned Mode. (5 new game points)
Trial of Iron: Complete the game on Trial of Iron Mode. 5 new game points)
Triple Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes. (10 new game points)
Triple Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions. (10 new game points)

Zero Knockouts: Complete the game without any party members falling unconscious during combat. (5 new game points)

The deluge of that many New Game Points leads me to think there will be a LOT more to spend them on, including ones that hinder the party presumably.  Maybe the God Challenges are 'bought' with new game points?

Find out soon enough, I suppose. :)

===

Can already see how Diplomat will be a fun one.  :dancing:

• Like 8

Great finds!

BENWETH PLEASE DON'T ATTACK MY SHIP YOU'RE RUINING MY ACHIEVEMENT!!

I wonder if sinking ships will count as killing kith...

• Like 5

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I wonder if sinking ships will count as killing kith...

If it doesn't that'd be an hilarious exploit of the challenge. 

"It wasn't me guvner, but my overzealous cannoneers.  I'd flog 'em for it, but I abhor violence in all its forms, you see.  Don't worry though, I'll give them a stern talking too right after supper!"

====

The better one is the final final fight right before you meet Eothas for the last time.

Ironically enough, I found out just before this that the final final fight can be completely avoided with the right* amount of Stealth and/or a well timed leap.

* The right amount being a Stealth score of around 16 or so!

Also makes me think about the resolution of the Gunpowder plotline.  While I suspect it's just going to be tracking a global data variable [Kith killed or something like that], you'd think that would auto-fail it as well.

Though it DOES kinda restrict which ending factions one can take, so perhaps not.

Also means more than a few quests can't be done.  The mutually exclusive Crookspur ones, for instance.  Probably some others I'm not thinking about right this second as well.  

Naturally, the bounties are pretty much excluded almost immediately, depending on how many of them start with Kith enemies.  :lol:

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 1

Naturally, the bounties are pretty much excluded almost immediately, depending on how many of them start with Kith enemies.  :lol:

Just diplomatically convince them to hand over their heads.

But going back to the very first fight against Benweth's goons. If we assume the achievement is active for it, the way to avoid it would be to not score any killing blows yourself. If so, you could handle regular boarding battles the same way. Eh, seem too obvious an exploit.

Feels like a lot of these achievements will be far easier for rogues considering they can just use Smoke Veil and the likes to avoid fights they can't talk their way out of.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

Just diplomatically convince them to hand over their heads.

But going back to the very first fight against Benweth's goons. If we assume the achievement is active for it, the way to avoid it would be to not score any killing blows yourself. If so, you could handle regular boarding battles the same way. Eh, seem too obvious an exploit.

Yeah, I thought of the same thing when I was out and about, but it's just about the only way this could work for the opening scene.

*checks*

Hmmm.  Interesting.  It put those kills in the Party kill count after all:

uAJjCAa.png

Though it's interesting that it doesn't have anything under the "Most Powerful Enemy Defeated" field.

Also, I seem to recall in PoE I that if a member of the party does enough damage, it gets put on the kill counter.  But I could be misremembering because on a separate test, I had a test character do 20 points of damage and then let the crew/Eder take care of the rest, but it didn't get put on my personal kill count.

The other way it might work is if it's like some of the achievements in PoE I where it doesn't count the stuff done in the prologue and only starts tracking when you get into the Deadfire proper.  Maybe it'll only track this once the Watcher gets to Vilario's Rest.

• Like 2

So when looking for information about the Bearth's Blessing files in the game data, I found something a little interesting.

Namely, some/many of the upcoming achievements are already in gui.gamedatabundle with the descriptions in achievements.stringtable, even though they don't do anything yet.

All of them are End Game cheevos, as might be expected.  I don't know what the God Challenges are yet, beyond what Obsidian has already mentioned in their last couple updates.  Might look through the game data later tonight when I have a chance.

Challenge The Gods: Complete the game with a God Challenge enabled.  (5 new game points)

Challenge The Pantheon: Complete the game with all God Challenges enabled. (10 new game points)

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Naked Run: Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat. (5 new game points)
No Rest for the Pro: Complete the game with fewer than 10 rests. (5 new game points)
Path of the Damned: Complete the game on Path of the Damned Mode. (5 new game points)
Triple Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes. (10 new game points)
Triple Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions. (10 new game points)

Zero Knockouts: Complete the game without any party members falling unconscious during combat. (5 new game points)

The deluge of that many New Game Points leads me to think there will be a LOT more to spend them on, including ones that hinder the party presumably.  Maybe the God Challenges are 'bought' with new game points?

===

how the hell do you beat the game as a pacifist?

===

how the hell do you beat the game as a pacifist?

Shouldn't be THAT difficult, really.  Ally with the Principi (taking the non-violent solutions all the way)/Go it Alone.  Many of the quests have non-violent solutions.  Even the Crookspur one supposedly has one where you can convince the head slaver to get out of dodge.

Presuming one doesn't employ exploits (which is NOT a safe presumption  :lol: ) there should still be plenty of non-kith to kill and XP to be had to get to a reasonable level to fight the end boss.

No matter how the gunpowder plot is handled, it does close off the RDC faction stone cold dead.  

It WILL absolutely close off quite a few quests though, yes.  But sneak sneak leap, sneak sneak leap, rest, talk talk, sneak sneak leap is a pretty viable solution to many problems. ;)

• Like 3

For all the talk already about Diplomat, I personally think the 'fun' one will be Naked Run.

But if we're talking Maximum Hilarity, a Holy Crown Solo Diplomat Naked Run playthrough would be an... entertaining read.  :dancing:

====

Though I suspect at least a couple of God Challenges would auto-fail Diplomat, as I would think at least some of them would involve killing kith.   Maybe Holy Crown Solo No Rest for the Pro Naked Run?  Could be a nice substitute, depending on just what the God Challenges are.

So, what if somebody finish the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions and without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat.

Do they get another achievement?

So, what if somebody finish the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions and without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat.

Do they get another achievement?

Yes, you get multiple achievements simultaneously for whatever you qualify for.  It was that way in PoE I, and looking at the relevant code in gui.gamedatabundle for PoE II, it's the same way in Deadfire.

So, for instance, if someone is going a Holy Crown Solo run while also doing a Naked Run, and they haven't already got them, at the end the game would give the following achievements all at once:

Challenge the Gods

Challenge the Pantheon

Expert

Path of the Damned

Trial of Iron

Triple Crown

Triple Crown Solo

Holy Crown

Holy Crown Solo

Naked Run

Saves one from having to do 10 different runs at least. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry for my English, not a native language 

Magran's Fires Challenges - It's great, but my opinion, need focus - more: story, items, lands, ships

Just one remark:

Awesome companions with personal quest, and we again see achivments "play solo" - it's stupid no? (ok, maybe for some one - its a fun, ok, but achievements...?)

I glad to see "basic" achivments, after PoEI (finish quest-tine, kill dragon, reach max. level)

Agree, PoEII need achivments like:  "Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with" 

But solo game...I can't accept this :/ 

Magran's Fires Challenges - It's great, but my opinion, need focus - more: story, items, lands, ships

Just one remark:

Awesome companions with personal quest, and we again see achivments "play solo" - it's stupid no? (ok, maybe for some one - its a fun, ok, but achievements...?)

I glad to see "basic" achivments, after PoEI (finish quest-tine, kill dragon, reach max. level)

Agree, PoEII need achivments like: "Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with"

It's okay! Speaking/understanding a foreign language is hard.

So you don't like the solo achievement because you like the companions?

Just one remark:
Agree, PoEII need achivments like:  "Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with" 

While I also like having companion quests (and everything else companions bring to the table), Solo challenges are a longstanding tradition in gaming, and having a couple of achievements tied to them is also fairly traditional. 

Only really matters if one cares about a 100% achievement result in your profile.  And even then it should be just one play through to nab the Solo ones.  

Mostly though, Solo achievements are around for the challenge aspect.  It should be especially interesting in this game considering how many skill checks are centered around having companions assist you.

• Like 2

Just one remark:

Agree, PoEII need achivments like: "Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with"

It's okay! Speaking/understanding a foreign language is hard.

So you don't like the solo achievement because you like the companions?

Just one remark:

While I also like having companion quests (and everything else companions bring to the table), Solo challenges are a longstanding tradition in gaming, and having a couple of achievements tied to them is also fairly traditional. 

Only really matters if one cares about a 100% achievement result in your profile.  And even then it should be just one play through to nab the Solo ones.  

Mostly though, Solo achievements are around for the challenge aspect.  It should be especially interesting in this game considering how many skill checks are centered around having companions assist you.

I played 101h.  - its fantastic game! Environment, voice acting - pure gold.

~(One thing - Sadly i wish see island in snow - magic anomaly or something else)~

After ending, I want to play more, but move forward. Now sit in: "Hachi- mode" and wait DLC

Ok, go to the point. I hope, you understand me :D

Finished game twice and complete 100% achievements. As i say before, I want to move forward in story line.
Game beautiful! Complete full storylines / sidequest / achievements  - my goal. 

Now, I see this topic and thinking: "I not want play solo fast run only to do achievement"

I gladly complete one more full game run to do achievements with Magran's Fires Challenges but with companions (maybe with new companions who know) Сhoose another dialogue options and solutions which I did not take earlier.

No hate, just small opinion 
maybe sometimes, i finish solo run but it's not be fun for me ofc. 

Thanks for reading o/
Edited by White.Kelevra
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

From today's Dev Stream.

Apparently the "God Challenges" look to be rolling out over time.  Two of the "God Challenges" will be part of the 2.0 rollout.

As part of all Magran's Fire modes:

Standard:

PotD

Cheats are disabled.

Mods are disabled.

Upward level scaling.

Optional Modes:

Misc:

Triple Crown (PotD + Expert + Trial of Iron)

Solo

God Challenges:

Berath's Challenge: Any party member Knocked Out longer than six seconds is permanently killed. Cannot flee from combat.

Magran's Challenge: The game cannot be paused.  The game cannot be slowed.

All the optional modes can be mixed and matched as one sees fit, so  Triple Crown Solo under Magran's Fire rules is an option.  Magran's Challenge Solo is an option and so on and so on.

• Like 2

From today's Dev Stream.

Apparently the "God Challenges" look to be rolling out over time.  Two of the "God Challenges" will be part of the 2.0 rollout.

As part of all Magran's Fire modes:

Standard:

PotD

Cheats are disabled.

Mods are disabled.

Upward level scaling.

Optional Modes:

Misc:

Triple Crown (PotD + Expert + Trial of Iron)

Solo

God Challenges:

Berath's Challenge: Any party member Knocked Out longer than six seconds is permanently killed. Cannot flee from combat.

All the optional modes can be mixed and matched as one sees fit, so  Triple Crown Solo under Magran's Fire rules is an option.  Magran's Challenge Solo is an option and so on and so on.

Cool beans! Can't imagine I'd ever be crazy enough to attempt some of these but this should appease the masochist out there.

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

MEAN, OBSIDIAN, MEAN!

I love you for it, but mean!

FWIW, I'm just updating to say I don't enjoy this one bit. The game isn't made for this crap.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 3

My Deadfire mods

MEAN, OBSIDIAN, MEAN!

I love you for it, but mean!

I foresee more than a few inventory and character sheet checks in my future.  You know, just to be sure I have everything I THINK I have.

Cough.  o:)

• Like 3

Imagine trying it with vancians in PoE1. Gimme a year to find and get comfortable with binds for all my 150 spells, yeah?

My Deadfire mods

Imagine trying it with vancians in PoE1. Gimme a year to find and get comfortable with binds for all my 150 spells, yeah?

I might be forced to actually mess around with the AI system now. :(

(commence grognard grumbling)

Though I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a forthcoming God Challenge nuke that as well. 

So how does this work with Holy Crown "achievements"? If you unlock it at 2.0 release with only two God Challenges, does it just become a lot more difficult to unlock later on when more God Challenges are introduced? That sounds like terrible design.

So how does this work with Holy Crown "achievements"? If you unlock it at 2.0 release with only two God Challenges, does it just become a lot more difficult to unlock later on when more God Challenges are introduced? That sounds like terrible design.

Don't believe the new cheevos are unlocked/enabled yet. 

Remember, I made the observation about new possible acheivements by data-mining the code a while ago.  It won't matter until/if the flip is switched for those achievements.