[steam] download stopping before complete

Awkward Davies

Question

Something with the various free DLCs seems to have gone wrong.  Deadfire was preloaded, but now shows 99%, but if I go to download status, no data is being transferred.  Just seems to be stuck at 99%, so no way to play the game.  Do I disable all the free DLC bits?

• Like 1

Something with the various free DLCs seems to have gone wrong.  Deadfire was preloaded, but now shows 99%, but if I go to download status, no data is being transferred.  Just seems to be stuck at 99%, so no way to play the game.  Do I disable all the free DLC bits?

same issue here

It's decompiling the pre-load.

The time is pretty crazy though, yeah.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I preloaded the Game, on steam, however upon release, the download was stuck at 90%. So then I uninstalled the game, cleared Download Cache, and switched download servers. I then downloaded it, it is now again stuck at 90%, what in the hell gives.

post-191517-0-48840100-1525804875_thumb.png

I had this issue, and spent the last few hours trying to solve it. Finally got it to work:

I uninstalled (not sure if you have to uninstall but I did anyways), then went  -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Right click on folder -> Repair Folder to repair the library folders.

After repairing and restarting Steam, the game started downloading again and fully completed with no issues. Hopefully that helps someone else as I was getting really frustrated there for awhile!

How do you clear your download cache?  I'm trying to reinstall it after uninstalling it (Steam kept on starting over once it got to 100%).  Now it is stuck on discovering existing files...

Edited by rachkir

for some reason the steam version of the game doesnt want to complete its download. i get to 16.9 of 18.8 Gigs and it freezes.  ive tried switching steam servers ,as well as adding another game to the queue..

when i add another game, that one starts downloading fine.. however, when i go back to deadfire.. it never resumes downloading.  i've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.  same issue.  it always gets stuck at 16.9 Gigs.

thoughts?

Seem to be stuck with this as well. Been stuck at 16.9 for countless hours at this point with steam claiming no disk activity.

Tried getting rid of the preload and re downloading, but hit the same issue. Do I simply need to stick it out at this point, and hope it does.. whatever it's doing? 

Did everyone get the download to complete yesterday who posted problems?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man