Vela not spawning

Yenkaz

Question

She's supposed to be in Vilario's rest, yes?

She isn't in my game, despite me keeping her in my imported save. Anyone else?

Edit: Just saw 'major issues'. So my choices are between giving up all other savegame imports... or Vela?

Or just wait for a fix, I guess...

Edited by Yenkaz

She's bugged. It was stated in known issues, a fix won't come until next patch which will happen only next week.

The only way to make her appear is to create a manual legacy, but there are other more severe bugs there, like incorrect Eder ending, for example. So it's your choice.

She's bugged. It was stated in known issues, a fix won't come until next patch which will happen only next week.

The only way to make her appear is to create a manual legacy, but there are other more severe bugs there, like incorrect Eder ending, for example. So it's your choice.

Dammit.

Is his Night Market ending bugged, I've only seen the note about the mayor. Since he led the night market in my game anyway, that's fine with me.

I just find it frustrating that all the little flags will get removed but gotta save Vela and I'm not waiting a week to play. Don't suppose there's a command that'll safely restore her?

Hey guys,

If you want Vela to spawn on the beach for your saves you can use the commands:

iroll20s

SetGlobalValue n_Vela_State 7

Make sure you do this before you ever set foot on the beach, otherwise it won't work!

Also the "n_Vela_State" is case sensitive.

Also also this will disable achievements, if those matter to you.

Let me know if you have any problems =)

• Like 4

I try my very best.

Thanks for providing the option, aartz. I'm hesitant to do it though, as I fear activating cheats will open a Pandora's Box of cheating throughout my playthrough that I'll be unable to close. I was about to try it and I already had the urge to give my character higher attributes.

Edited by KaiG
  • Like 1

Thanks for providing the option, aartz. I'm hesitant to do it though, as I fear activating cheats will open a Pandora's Box of cheating throughout my playthrough that I'll be unable to close. I was about to try it and I already had the urge to give my character higher attributes.

I understand completely because I am the same =P

I try my very best.

Hey guys,

iroll20s

Make sure you do this before you ever set foot on the beach, otherwise it won't work!

Also also this will disable achievements, if those matter to you.

You are a god among men, and not the soul-sucking home-wrecker kind.

It's fair to assume she'll probably interact normally throughout the game with this?

Edited by Yenkaz

Hey guys,

iroll20s

Also also this will disable achievements, if those matter to you.

Thanks for the info!

On a related note, is there anything similar for the Eder Night Market bug? Or alternatively, does it make enough of a difference in Eder's dialogue/personality for it to matter?

So using the in-game history editor does spawn Vela for me (for both the choices available) but upon repairing the ship she does not appear in the crew member list nor appears inside the ship at all. I imagine it's going to be the same for those who spawned her with the command console? 

• Like 1

So using the in-game history editor does spawn Vela for me (for both the choices available) but upon repairing the ship she does not appear in the crew member list nor appears inside the ship at all. I imagine it's going to be the same for those who spawned her with the command console?

Oh, for crying out loud.

Remember to make a new bug report about it.

Edited by Yenkaz

Using the in-game editor also caused the sword from the Paths to not appear, though the Yenwood one from the pot in Caed Nua's hall did.

So my choices are between Vela who isn't functioning as a crew member properly and what's probably going to be a sweet-ass repaired sword.

Using the in-game editor also caused the sword from the Paths to not appear, though the Yenwood one from the pot in Caed Nua's hall did.

So my choices are between Vela who isn't functioning as a crew member properly and what's probably going to be a sweet-ass repaired sword.

Amazing

I created a history, and Vela does show up in the ship. She was below-decks as soon as I went down, chatting with Xoti.

Before Deadfire came out, I poured good 100 hours into a playthrough that I planned to import. There were only two major decisions compared to my first playthrough that I wanted to change, and Vela was one of them. And now I import my save and of all things, THIS has to be bugged? :(

I'm at a loss here. Don't know if I should stop playing and wait for a fix, or restart with a custom state. Is there a list of all the flags I'll be missing out on with a premade state? Anyway, I'm glad the bug is registered and being worked on, at least.

Before Deadfire came out, I poured good 100 hours into a playthrough that I planned to import. There were only two major decisions compared to my first playthrough that I wanted to change, and Vela was one of them. And now I import my save and of all things, THIS has to be bugged? :(

I'm at a loss here. Don't know if I should stop playing and wait for a fix, or restart with a custom state. Is there a list of all the flags I'll be missing out on with a premade state? Anyway, I'm glad the bug is registered and being worked on, at least.

Honestly, i'm kinda pissed.

I mean you'd think issues that end up being apparent in the first 15 minutes of the game would be easily caught in QA,  :getlost:

• Like 3

I mean you'd think issues that end up being apparent in the first 15 minutes of the game would be easily caught in QA,  :getlost:

Well they did catch them since they admitted 2 knowing about it in reddit post before game came out They just didn't bother 2 fix them before release. Cause really who cares if someone can't play cause of this? 

Edited by Dopsim

My thoughts exactly. I thought this kind of polishing was why they delayed release in the first place.

Well they did catch them since they admitted 2 knowing about it in reddit post before game came out They just didn't bother 2 fix them before release. Cause really who cares if someone can't play cause of this? 

I know right? Fixing bugs before game's release?

Heresy.

• Like 1