Deadfire Sneak Peak with Josh Sawyer - Wed April 25th

What’s with you guys and always streaming in the dead of the European night? ;)

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What’s with you guys and always streaming in the dead of the European night? ;)

Sleep is for the weak.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

^ Huge missed opportunity to use the “No sleep for the Watcher” tagline right there :p

• Like 10

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thur morning in Aus. We are your future

That's assuming the crocs and the platypi won't get you first.
This is PneumaticFire's friend. Unfortunately this happened 30mins ago. I ask for one minute's silence in honour of him, and a complaint to Obsidian that their live stream wasnt done on proper Wednesday but in delayed American time.

Thank you.

• Like 2

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I kind of hope the streamer for this one is a bit more up on the game mechanics but I suppose the people most interested in hearing those kinds of pointed mechanical questions are already going to be buying the game. These previews are mostly for the broader market.

I kind of hope the streamer for this one is a bit more up on the game mechanics but I suppose the people most interested in hearing those kinds of pointed mechanical questions are already going to be buying the game. These previews are mostly for the broader market.

Getting the impression that this is purely an Obsidian stream, otherwise they'd have already announced the streamer.

• Like 1

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

we noticed how a perception o' 17 were not enough to reveal higher level traps.  am wondering what is actual threshold for higher level traps.  18? 20? more? am not knowing the attribute scores for the joinables, but a party o' pallegina, ydwin, maia and tekehu were getting slobberknockered by traps. one assumes there will be a few perception boosting items, but maintaining a kinda metagame minimum party perception is gonna be an issue if a player not wanna get routinely ganked by traps.

we also saw at least 1 dialogue skill check o' 20, which for a level 18 character is gonna be requiring serious investment o' skill points. as such, deadfire dialogue checks may be skewed towards hyperspecialization. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)