I test that now.
It is really good. Far better than the actual beta. There is always some problem like :
Wall of flame : 6s/0.5s
6s like fire ball, for a damage overtime ? More 3s/0.5s
Essential phantom : 6s/0.5s
Invocations are good overtime. Not immediately. It is more 4,5s/0.5s
Prayer of the body : 4.5s/1.5s
Well, you have picked the spells, I haven't touched yet (see the changelog)
. I'm not surprised you are not happy with them
I do completely agree that Wall of Flame, Essential Phantom and Prayer of the Body are underpowered when compared with their long casting durations, and the spells that you could cast instead (due to 2 spellusages per rank limit)
Here, there is a problem. It is not personnal only, but 4.5s for one target seems to be too high for me atm... 2s. Must be done quick in few situations.
Every spell is a double-edged sword. If you can cast the Necrotic Lance, so can lagufaeth wizards.
Also having a few long-casting spells enables a multi-class wizard that learns only a handful of spells and heavily invests in passives instead.
I think it's ok to have a very few 4.5s single-targeted spells as long as their effect matches such long cast-time. Also we should keep in mind the effect of DEX, +% Action Speed alchemy potions/Frenzy/Swift Strikes, Bloodlust; and the fact that we can have a pure spell-nuker with dumped STR.
Ideally there would be several categories of damaging spells:
- relatively quick - easy and comfortable to use, but not fight-deciding
- slow - with big oompf damage, heavy backlash in case of interrupt; and where you have to build your party around them
- 6s will be always not possible for me. Because 90 % of the fight are ended in 10 seconds. So, I play once with my dude.
- I don't understand Obsidian with invocations. Invocations are interresting overtime, not at the end of the battle in 9s (memories...). Far less effective than a fireball in 6s.
- Self or others personnal Buff must be done quickly. 5s for prayer of the body. WTF... Even the boost of Max is not enough for me... : p
- Cipher and Chanter must have a preferential rate for their operation. They will either have to wait or do something else to use their power.
> basically if you want to cast a 6s spell, you:
- really want to invest in DEX (being heavy buffed, you can reduce 6s to ~2.5s)
- or use it only once from stealth; and actually invest points in stealth
- have a party of debilitators and concentration-providers that would cover you
- want to decide which race with which affliction resistence to take apriori
but there is also a sense of satisfaction when this spell comes off, as it has the potential to seal your victory
> combat duration is quite tricky. With a good melee party on Normal, combat often ends in 9-15s. While with a random party on PotD it can often take up to 60s. Also we should take into account nuking alpha-strike parties. Imagine a group of 5 stealthy evoker wizards on hardcrack, that open up with 5 empowered fireballs and rest after each encounter.
> agreed of self-buffs. And agreed that prayer of the body needs a speed-up. But speaking of the "boost" - I haven't explicitly changed Prayer of the Body. I had no time to go through each priest spell one by one (except Spiritual Weapons), yet) You can see the powers and spells I have explicitly examined in the changelog)
> agreed on ciphers and chanters. As you have probably mentioned ciphers have -1.5s recovery on majority of their powers compared to vancian spells. Also chanter summoners now have more time to do other stuff.
Edited by MaxQuest, 18 February 2018 - 03:07 AM.