The Political Quinceañera Thread

Blarghagh

How will a well regulated militia defend itself against a nuclear threat.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

:lol:  Not well!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thirteen Russians indicted by the special counsel for various crimes relating to election tampering, in addition to a California man. More to come in the coming months, it seems...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

:lol:  Not well!

I've played enough post-apocalyptic games to know it helps with the looters 

Remember your NBC training? They had some good tips on dealing with the shockwave and radiation from a nuclear blast. Not as much to say on surviving the thermal wave when the ambient temp goes from 90 to 2k.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I believe it's against the Russian constitution to extradite their citizens to other countries. Three Russian firms were also "implicated", and it seems more charges will be levied against Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/jimmy-kimmel-trump-school-shooting-1.16800745

I dont particularly like Trump but its not fair he is getting told " how dare he comes to visit Florida by angry  parents " ....he is also getting told he is being a hypocrite as he wont sign any anti-gun laws

The high level of gun violence is not Trumps fault and associations like the NRA always oppose any regulation. As we have discussed there will always be incidents like this in the USA so if Trump wants to go to Florida he should be able to without excoriation and maledictions 

This tragedy is simply a reality that sometimes occurs in the USA

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He's being painted as a hypocrite because he made it easier for the mentally ill to obtain guns...and then immediately blamed the massacre on the mentally ill while proposing to do nothing to actually solve our crisis of mentally ill people (...while also crapping all over our quite deadly opioid crisis). It's as stupid as it sounds.

Edited by Bartimaeus

how does Jimmy Kimmel live with himself?

I'm really sick of this whole, if only we all use our common sense, majority public opinion says, styled rhetoric. He's so devoid of any really insight across the aisle. It's no wonder they cede so much ground on issues they deem important.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 1

...Context?

Just in BruceVC's link at the top of page. How many shootings has he pulled this ****. I won't be so cynical to call out his emotional response and verge of tears. But every time it's the same empty gestures of activism. which I find is a trend amongst the new left.

• Like 1

Just in BruceVC's link at the top of page. How many shootings has he pulled this ****. I won't be so cynical to call out his emotional response and verge of tears. But every time it's the same empty gestures of activism. which I find is a trend amongst the new left.

This is exactly my point, yes the media doesnt like Trump but now we have the parents of children literally screaming on CNN at Trump.....saying he mustn't come to Florida 

For me it actually  seems to undermine the real tragedy. Lets leave Trump out of this one 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I guess I don't know enough about Jimmy Kimmel to comment (except that it's a pretty common trend in our society when anything bad happens that the people more on the side of not overtly trying to restrict these bad things from happening always say "let's not politicize this", while those on the other are always in an uproar doing the exact opposite, and it seems like neither side ever realizes the hypocrisy of it all). I think this is literally the first time I've seen a picture of him.

**** You I like guns

One veteran's blog on how they enjoy guns, enjoyed learning how to shoot, but were happy in the army where all those guns were locked away in the arms room at the end of the day and not carried around for "barracks defense" as standard practice.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Lets leave Trump out of this one

What? No. He overturned mental illness checks for guns. He says mental illness is to blame for this one, ergo he practically admitted personal responsibility for this one. I don't give two ****s about what Jimmy Kimmel says, but let's certainly NOT leave Trump out of this.
  • Like 2

What? No. He overturned mental illness checks for guns. He says mental illness is to blame for this one, ergo he practically admitted personal responsibility for this one. I don't give two ****s about what Jimmy Kimmel says, but let's certainly NOT leave Trump out of this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

I see he did make this change but I still think its just one part of the ongoing gun  violence in the USA and this particular tragedy 

Its not going to necessarily lead to more  gun attacks, you still will get  instances of gun violence even if this law was not revoked ?

John Milton 

Also, since we do tend to focus on American politics here... I did see "Very quietly today while we grieved, the House passed a bill to gut the Americans with Disability Act."

Washington Post - House passes changed to Americans with Disabilities Act over activist objections

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

I see he did make this change but I still think its just one part of the ongoing gun violence in the USA and this particular tragedy

Its not going to necessarily lead to more gun attacks, you still will get instances of gun violence even if this law was not revoked ?

Your point being? If you're only responsible for 25% of something instead of 100%, you're still responsible.

The school building where that bastard shot those poor kids will be torn down. I don't blame them. It would be hard to go back in there. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200564969.html

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I see he did make this change but I still think its just one part of the ongoing gun violence in the USA and this particular tragedy

Its not going to necessarily lead to more gun attacks, you still will get instances of gun violence even if this law was not revoked ?

Your point being? If you're only responsible for 25% of something instead of 100%, you're still responsible.

TN I am looking for valid solutions to address the gun violence in the USA, this seems to be very specific just to this attack?

John Milton