Maybe it's just me but i think some of the godlikes are quite immersion breakers especially the death godlikes. The avian godlike looks more acceptable as it leans more toward human-like. I'm not looking for more godlikes but i had like if these godlikes feature can be toned down. Maybe put a slider? Make it so that a death godlike has minimum resemblance of death touched but still human-like.  Maybe it's really normal in the Eternity settings where most of the folks thinks aliens are natural beings?

Maybe it's just me but i think some of the godlikes are quite immersion breakers especially the death godlikes. The avian godlike looks more acceptable as it leans more toward human-like. I'm not looking for more godlikes but i had like if these godlikes feature can be toned down. Maybe put a slider? Make it so that a death godlike has minimum resemblance of death touched but still human-like.  Maybe it's really normal in the Eternity settings where most of the folks thinks aliens are natural beings?

More reactions from people around you can do the trick. I think Bobby Null said something about this in a recent intervew somewhere.

• Like 1

I too would like to see more varieties of Godlikes:

So far we have Berath, Hylea, Ondra, Magran, and Galawain (or possibly Gaun) represented.  I think it would be really fun to have godlikes of Wael, Skaen, Abydon, and Woedica.  My favorites would be Skaen and Wael.

It would be good as npc encounters or companions maybe, 'cause having to implement npc reactions/unique dialogues for player godlikes would take much time and I'd rather they do it right with the current ones than add more and leave it as it was in Pillars 1.

So far we have Berath, Hylea, Ondra, Magran, and Galawain (or possibly Gaun) represented.  I think it would be really fun to have godlikes of Wael, Skaen, Abydon, and Woedica.  My favorites would be Skaen and Wael.

Abydon and Wael would be pretty interesting, I agree. I can sort of picture the latter as a Residents member (though, not really). :p

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

It would be good as npc encounters or companions maybe, 'cause having to implement npc reactions/unique dialogues for player godlikes would take much time and I'd rather they do it right with the current ones than add more and leave it as it was in Pillars 1.

Not if they just did base reactions to godlikes of any type.  Really, I want it more for the mechanics and visuals.  Lore/flavor is a cherry on top.

Abydon and Wael would be pretty interesting, I agree. I can sort of picture the latter as a Residents member (though, not really). :p

I can't really picture what a Wael Godlike would look like though. I mean, the Gods based on natural concepts are relatively easy. But for the Gods based on human concepts (Wael, Skaen & Woedica), it's a bit more tricky to come up with. Also, considering how mysterious Wael is, I'm not sure he would make Godlikes. He'd prefer to keep people guessing :p 

Yeah, Devil of Caroc is my idea of an Abydon Godlike. 

I can't really picture what a Wael Godlike would look like though. I mean, the Gods based on natural concepts are relatively easy. But for the Gods based on human concepts (Wael, Skaen & Woedica), it's a bit more tricky to come up with. Also, considering how mysterious Wael is, I'm not sure he would make Godlikes. He'd prefer to keep people guessing :p

Well, Wael Godlike could just have a big question mark instead of head.

• Like 2

Wael is a weird concept to picture, but perhaps that's what makes him more interesting to develop from a concept artist's point of view as well. You can have a character with a multi-faceted head, or one whose features are defined by a Rorscharchesque splotch that is ever shifting, or else. Maybe you can also go full Resident, top-hat and all. :p

theory-of-obscurity-a-film-about-the-res

I can also see the Eyeless as more an Abydon godlike too - though I'm not sure as to the origins of godlikes I would take a guess that godlikes come about from dislodged shards of gods' souls making their way back to the Wheel and being reborn as kith. If so then the Eyeless are just that, in a way, as they all share a part of Abydon's soul.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I don't know if Gods get to choose whether godlikes are made.  My personal guess would be no, as godlike sterility would be antithetical to Hylea's portfolio yet Pallegina exists.  

An Abydonian could be covered in steel.  Wael's godlikes could be surrounded by mist that only lets you see the eyes, hands, and feet; or they could have weird color striations.  Woedica's godlikes could resemble her headsmen, or be unnaturally tall, think, and wrinkled.  Skaen's godlikes could have muted features that were always covered in "blood."  Or be rat people.  Something about him strikes me as having an affinity to rats.

The talents write themselves.  Abydon's godlikes get dr and poison dr reduction.  Wael's could have a concealing fog that gives them defense bonuses and lets them disengage from combat.  Woedica's could get a barbarian like bonus for being alone.  Skaen's could get an extra backstab, temporary draining attacks, or an accuracy boost after you miss (fighting more powerful enemies).

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps they could make additional variants of existing godlikes? For example, a nature godlike that is "rooted" and gains a bonus against knockback and the hindering effects of slippery ground. These may be more plant oriented nature godlikes, although their features still resemble animals.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

An Abydonian could be covered in steel.  Wael's godlikes could be surrounded by mist that only lets you see the eyes, hands, and feet; or they could have weird color striations.  Woedica's godlikes could resemble her headsmen, or be unnaturally tall, think, and wrinkled.  Skaen's godlikes could have muted features that were always covered in "blood."  Or be rat people.  Something about him strikes me as having an affinity to rats.

The talents write themselves.  Abydon's godlikes get dr and poison dr reduction.  Wael's could have a concealing fog that gives them defense bonuses and lets them disengage from combat.  Woedica's could get a barbarian like bonus for being alone.  Skaen's could get an extra backstab, temporary draining attacks, or an accuracy boost after you miss (fighting more powerful enemies).

The thought of a Wael Godlike who is always surrounded by mist amuses me. You could play a naked Godlike who just has a convenient strip of mist censoring his/her nether regions. Or a steamy Godlike who always looks like they've just left the sauna.  :wub:

Edited by Heijoushin
  • Like 1

Avians are evolved reptilians.  So they would kinda fall under Her domain yes?

I mean, the possibilities are almost endless here. Like we have Earth(Nature) and Fire, but no Wind/Air/Lightning. Water? And since we have Avian you could have things like Reptilian and whatnot.

Less godlikes! Is what I'd rather want. PoE had too many godlikes for my taste. They're are supposed to be rare, but every other backer npc was a godlike.

Personally I took the unusually large amount of Godlikes to be a function of the story - as word gets out regarding the hollowborn crisis, you'd think that Godlikes would be one group that would have no reason to not go and try to improve their lot through the opportunities to be had. Being unable to have children, the crisis wouldn't mean the same to them.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, you could always ask the devs to put me in the game if you are really desperate.  I mean, I am like a god after all. :skeptical:

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Avians are evolved reptilians.  So they would kinda fall under Her domain yes?

Given what we know about how the gods were created, unless there's a reason to assume the Engwithans had the theory of evolution there's no reason to assume the gods they created would either.

• Like 1