The Weird, Random and Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Planting a row of trees does seem like some petty crap racists would do. Just ditch the chain link fence, those can't be anything but eyesores.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sadly, there are alws that can be used by the gov't to   abuse/take over private property because all gov'ts are evil.

Also, those comments seem to eb erased but no doubt there are scum posting racist things. Still, it is also laughable that trees can be considered 'racist'.

I thought the goal was to protect trees... but now we're being told trees are evil tools of white supremists and must be cut down. WUT!?!

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought the goal was to protect trees... but now we're being told trees are evil tools of white supremists and must be cut down. WUT!?!

:lol:  I hadn't thought about it that way!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Who owns the land? Not the golf course I presume since the city is just flatly calling the shots? Would have been interesting if it was private property and they tried that.

Golf is city owned, it says

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/swastika-trail-name-change-council-vote-in-puslinch-1.4457709

Surprised that street name lasted so long, Swastika Trail sounds like some documentary on neo nazis.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WCVB - Star Wars fans grant dying wish

Ron Villemaire is a father, a Vietnam veteran, and a die-hard Star Wars junkie. His daughter, Elizabeth, purchased tickets for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," hoping they could see the movie together. But Ron was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer earlier this year and his condition made it impossible to get to the movie theater on his own. When Elizabeth sent out a tweet asking for help with the hashtag #RonsLastJedi, she never expected the local community to respond in such a tremendous way.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://twitter.com/NewsHour/status/944273842083586048?s=17

F'ing forum... Anyway

- Members of the U.S. armed forces — including the United States Navy Band "Sea Chanters" and the US Air Force Academy (Official) Cadet Chorale — sing "Carol of the Bells."

Edited by Malcador

The things I find wandering Youtube

Not sure Iowa fans turning and waving at a building belongs on that list

Just in case you misunderstood, the UoI football stadium is directly adjacent to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital, whos rooms overlook the playing field and stands. So that's why they are waving, to the sick children watching the game from their room windows.

Just in case you misunderstood, the UoI football stadium is directly adjacent to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital, whos rooms overlook the playing field and stands. So that's why they are waving, to the sick children watching the game from their room windows.

Yeah but relative to the others not all that positive. Also, what if the Iowa team sucks? That must be torture for the kids! :p

Remember that giant Trump rooster statue outside that Chinese mall? Well, that same mall has replaced that with a giant dog with Trumps hairdo and one of his gestures. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/366640-giant-trump-dog-statue-placed-outside-chinese-mall

I wonder if sharp_one will change his avatar or something, lol. Not that I don't like the avatar, just thought maybe he'd go with the change.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/kansas-mans-death-may-have-resulted-from-call-of-duty-swatting/

Swatting results in the expected happening. Of course someone can ask if the cop was justified, but given how terrified cops are by everything it'll be hand waved away

• Like 1

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/kansas-mans-death-may-have-resulted-from-call-of-duty-swatting/

Swatting results in the expected happening. Of course someone can ask if the cop was justified, but given how terrified cops are by everything it'll be hand waved away

Sadly I think you'll be correct. Screw that cop though, shooting someone to death because they opened the door.

A different article I read says the cop fired because the suspect "reached for his waistband". Yeah, my ass. :rolleyes: Why aren't police responsible even for accidents? If a civilian accidentally discharges a weapon and it kills someone, don't they go to jail for manslaughter? 

• Like 3

A different article I read says the cop fired because the suspect "reached for his waistband". Yeah, my ass. :rolleyes: Why aren't police responsible even for accidents? If a civilian accidentally discharges a weapon and it kills someone, don't they go to jail for manslaughter? 

Completely agree with this. If I were in charge I'd give all the police agencies in the country a choice: 1) Give up your firearms while on duty 2) Give up your qualified immunity. You cannot keep both. That's when you'll see police using non lethal means.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell