RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Since its not on the pre-vote, it must have something to do with the vote.  Like showing which option is in the lead if you can't see the graphic or showing what the voter voted for or something.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

is this the Twilight Zone?

0UQLDS0OQOM.jpg

No, it's the TwitterZone. The Twilight Zone was more like the real world.

The Twitter Zone is a terrible terrible place.  Stay away if you value your sanity. 

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4K Blu-ray playback is neat and is a genuine selling point over the PS4 Pro (which I guess lacks the support because Sony don't want to cannibalise sales of their standalone players). However if they set too much of a price premium then the sensible option might be a PS4 Pro + Xbone S instead.

Really? I've never even seen a 4K Blu-Ray. They don't seem to sell them anywhere in Sweden. Renting stuff has been dead since the nineties..

Yeah, you're right in that it absolutely is a niche market. But it's a valuable one, where standalone players still cost hundreds of dollars and those who do invest in 4K media tend to do so heavily. I have neither a 4K display nor a 4K playback device, but I do have hundreds of regular Blu-ray titles so it's a transition I can see myself making in the future (also bearing in mind that the quality of Internet connections still varies massively even between exclusively first-world nations).

Granted I don't know a whole lot about what exclusives are available on both sides of the console divide (of those I think I'd hypothetically buy into, I can think of Horizon on the Sony side, and nothing on MS's), but to me the greater media capabilities would be more of a selling point than a few exclusive game franchises. Of course, this is the perspective on a non-console-owning PC gamer, and for those primarily gaming on console, the criteria would be rather different.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Uhhhh... guys, the PS4 Pro doesn't play 4k blu-ray or UHDBD, it just plays normal blu-ray discs and upscales them. The only console that plays native 4k blu-ray discs is the Xbox One (S model).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Uhhhh... guys, the PS4 Pro doesn't play 4k blu-ray or UHDBD, it just plays normal blu-ray discs and upscales them. The only console that plays native 4k blu-ray discs is the Xbox One (S model).

Well no one said otherwise :-P

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Oh... I guess I misunderstood.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It is known.

Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest

Day one reveal, by Ctrl Alt Ninja

http://druidstone-game.com/

hmm, not impressed :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bioware said to be working on a KOTOR game: http://www.vg247.com/2017/04/10/bioware-austin-is-working-on-a-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-prototype-report/

Selkath and Wookie romances confirmed.

I'm impressed by myself, generally speaking I've been wanting a KOTOR for ages, but now that there is some actual rumour about it, my heart skipped a beat and then remembered it will be nowhere near as good as it could've been years ago.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest

Day one reveal, by Ctrl Alt Ninja

http://druidstone-game.com/

hmm, not impressed :/

It's day one; live all of a few hours. There is nothing to be impressed with yet.  :p

Details will come. These are some of the devs that made Grimrock; and based on that alone I have reasonably good expectations for —whatever it turns out to be.

**On the surface, it kind of seems like Gauntlet ~but in TB-tactical.

Edited by Gizmo

I don't know how to feel about that. My faith in BioWare is low to say the least.

I don't know, for me star wars was always kinda childish fantasy, sounds perfectly in vein of latest ''Bio'' products

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm sure it's going to be awful. Just read a review how awful Andromeda is compared to the old Mass Effect games. But those were awful to start with! Is there no rock bottom for Bio?

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm sure it's going to be awful. Just read a review how awful Andromeda is compared to the old Mass Effect games. But those were awful to start with! Is there no rock bottom for Bio?

There isn't much left of original bio so...

Have you heard the tragedy of Bioware, the EA division? I thought not, it's not a story John Riccitiello would tell you. It's a gaming legend. Bioware was a gaming studio so large and so influential it could use its previous titles to influence EA to authorise expenditure… It had such a knowledge of gaming that it could even keep itself from being Bullfrogged/ OSIed/ Maxied/ Westwooded.

It could actually save itself from being disbanded?

Sales success is a pathway to abilities many consider... unlikely.

What happened to them?

It became so powerful… the only thing it was afraid of was losing its audience appeal, which eventually, of course, it did. Unfortunately, it subsumed itself in pet causes, bad romances, SPMMO gameplay and poor testing, and eventually its master will kill them in their sleep. Ironic. It could avoid being assimilated, but still ended up a typical EA studio anyway.

Is it possible to avoid these pitfalls?

Only for an independent studio.

• Like 9

It's not really EA's fault. The first Mass Effect was made when it was owned by Elevation Partners, and it was already a piece of crap. And even Jade Empire before it showed that Bioware was willing to release an unfinished half-game. The real problem is that the original owners decided to go for the cash grab instead of continuing to make quality games as the main goal.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Have you heard the tragedy of Bioware, the EA division? I thought not, it's not a story John Riccitiello would tell you. It's a gaming legend. Bioware was a gaming studio so large and so influential it could use its previous titles to influence EA to authorise expenditure… It had such a knowledge of gaming that it could even keep itself from being Bullfrogged/ OSIed/ Maxied/ Westwooded.

It could actually save itself from being disbanded?

Sales success is a pathway to abilities many consider... unlikely.

What happened to them?

It became so powerful… the only thing it was afraid of was losing its audience appeal, which eventually, of course, it did. Unfortunately, it subsumed itself in pet causes, bad romances, SPMMO gameplay and poor testing, and eventually its master will kill them in their sleep. Ironic. It could avoid being assimilated, but still ended up a typical EA studio anyway.

Is it possible to avoid these pitfalls?

Only for an independent studio.

It is over, BioWare, Zoraptor has the high ground.

DKTQq5B.jpg

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

" The first Mass Effect was made when it was owned by Elevation Partners, and it was already a piece of crap. And even Jade Empire before it showed that Bioware was willing to release an unfinished half-game."

ME and JE were both pretty dman good. And, JE was finished. Beginning. Middle. End. And, BOTH were vastly superior to the original KOTOR.

As for this preusmed 'remnake'... I'll echo others... it will likely not be good. Nu BIO is awful and this BIO  Austin which isn't even old BIO EDM. LMAO

No Docs. No BIO.

PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bioware said to be working on a KOTOR game: http://www.vg247.com/2017/04/10/bioware-austin-is-working-on-a-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-prototype-report/

Selkath and Wookie romances confirmed.

Those rumours have been around for ages. To be honest they're pretty likely to be true, especially if the new movies are off limits to EA and they aren't really doing that much with the licence otherwise apart from Battlefront.

As for romances, I'd probably settle for Ithorians since they're in KOTOR already. Though I'd be thinking of Ishi Tib or Lepi (don't judge me, please)

It is over, BioWare, Zoraptor has the high ground.

I should have picked a Rik Mayall as Lord Flashheart avatar instead of Alan B'Stard. Replacing Obi Wan with Flash would immensely improve the prequels. Though to be fair, replacing just about any character with Flash would improve anything. And make it far shorter.

Obi Wan in Jedi Council: Yaddle I like it green and wrinkly. Shaak Ti, am I pleased to see you or have I put a speeder down my pants? Woof!

Obi Wan: Remember Anakin, treat your starship like you treat your women- get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!

Lord Dooku: Ah, and Obi Wan Kenobi. This is indeed an honour. Finally, the two greatest sabermasters in the galaxy meet. Two men of honour, who have jousted together in the cloud-strewn glory of the skies, face to face at last. How often I have rehearsed this moment of destiny in my dreams. The panoply to encapsulate the unspoken nobility of a comradeship...

[Obi Wan stabs Lord Dooku]

Obi Wan: What a poof!

Palpatine: Dooo ee... Oh.

Obi Wan: Ha! Eat knuckle, sith!

[punches Mace]

Obi Wan: Ugh! How disgusting. A Sith on the sole of my boot. I shall have to find a patch of grass to wipe it on! Probably get shunned in the Jedi Temple; sorry about the pong you fellas, trod in a Sith and couldn't get rid of the whiff!

Mace: [getting up] Do you think we could dispense from the hilarious poodoo metaphor for a moment. I'm not a Sith, this is a Jedi perimeter.

Obi Wan: Is it? Well, that's a piece of luck. Thought I'd landed dark side. Ha! Mind if I use your communicator? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls would kill themselves. I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

etc

• Like 1