Is Ydwin yandere or tsundere?

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is Ydwin's anime personality?

• Yandere (◕‿◕)
    • Tsundere (◣_◢)

What the hell is going on in this thread?

Obsidian made the mistake of adding some anime vibes to their latest companion concept, and it emboldened the weeaboos to crawl out of the woodwork and infest the Pillars fan community with anime culture. I recommend fumigation.

• Like 6

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Obsidian made the mistake of adding some anime vibes to their latest companion concept, and it emboldened the weeaboos to crawl out of the woodwork and infest the Pillars fan community with anime culture. I recommend fumigation.

I, for one, seriosuly don't get these anime vibes at all.

And because of this thread now I sit re-reading Ydwin's concept and I stare at her art, in an attempt to find such.

Am having difficulties with it, so some of you are just probably being paranoid.

*drops microphone*

• Like 7

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I, for one, seriosuly don't get these anime vibes at all.

And because of this thread now I sit re-reading Ydwin's concept and I stare at her art, in an attempt to find such.

Am having difficulties with it, so some of you are just probably being paranoid.

*drops microphone*

*picks up microphone*

I agree with you somewhat.  I think what people are picking up on is that she is meant to be both cute and creepy, but her picture doesn't show the creepiness and actually looks sassy, so people are probably assuming the 'creepy cute' is going to be like in anime, where they usually have the character act wacky while looking cute.  I really think they should make her appearance off-putting in some way, like really gaunt or something, so that when she acts cute it just looks wrong or something.

Actually the biggest worry I have with her is that she ends up like Liara, which I can see happening.  I DETEST Liara, I found her to be the most annoying character in that game (and considering that most of the characters in that game annoyed me to various degrees, that's an accomplishment).  Just talking to her made me want to put needles in my head.  If she ends up like Liara then when I get the game I will kill her so hard that Liara herself will die despite being in a totally different game!  I'm sure she won't though, Obsidian are better than that and concept is actually different.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Yeah, I don't get the weeaboo talk surrounding Ydwin. It's like people that indulge in anime lack the language to talk about a young women.

It's like western cartoonists were too prude or something to draw certain female body types that anime has layed claim to those forms. Which is odd. Maybe if she looked like Jessica Rabit or Velma people would not have thought her as being animu.

Edited by injurai

I don't know, I could maybe see a resemblance:

a035c7acd703975d300256f03e105325.jpg

Edited by illathid

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Because of her elvishism (made that up while typing, whoohee) and her somewhat modern outfit (for PoE standards) she looks a bit like an asian girl with bleached hair... and glasses. Maybe that's what people mean when they say she looks animeish (yepp, made that one up, too). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Because of her elvishism (made that up while typing, whoohee) and her somewhat modern outfit (for PoE standards) she looks a bit like an asian girl with bleached hair... and glasses. Maybe that's what people mean when they say she looks animeish (yepp, made that one up, too). 

It's kind of funny because that outfit is something a young English lord would have worn back in the day.

• Like 2

Or an italian lord. Ok, let's say she looks a bit like an asian girl who is doing cosplay.  :disguise:

I don't have any problem with this though. Since I don't care about animes at all, I can't be biased. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

'creepy cute'

She isn’t even like this yet :biggrin:

eGThxTo.jpg

Edited by tinysalamander

Pillars of Bugothas

It's kind of funny because that outfit is something a young English lord would have worn back in the day.

Or an italian lord. Ok, let's say she looks a bit like an asian girl who is doing cosplay.  :disguise:

I don't have any problem with this though. Since I don't care about animes at all, I can't be biased. ;)

Actually, I think the two of you may have hit on the issue: Japanese anime likes to use Western Renaissance garb, even when it is not a Western Renaissance.  They have a total thing for it.  So, by dressing in  Western Renaissance but with white hair, she ironically looks anime!  Is this an example of cultural appropriation by the Japanese?  Should we be offended and be protesting against the use of Western culture in Japanese media??!

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 6

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

'creepy cute'

She isn’t even like this yet :biggrin:

eGThxTo.jpg

Should I be relieved that my work proxy is blocking that image? :biggrin:

• Like 2

Should I be relieved that my work proxy is blocking that image? :biggrin:

Dunno, it’s a nice image. Mostly :devil:

I guess I'll find out once I get home...

Seeing the asshurt anything vaguely animeish induces, I hope Ydwin is a distillation of all anime tropes into one character and half the game is the plot of a harem anime.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Seeing the asshurt anything vaguely animeish induces, I hope Ydwin is a distillation of all anime tropes into one character and half the game is the plot of a harem anime.

Kain Parker sits enjoying the view of his high rise, effortlessly comfortable in his Italian leather drinking chair. Below him the fires of the anime riots burn bright, casting his shadow high on the ceiling above him.

Kain slowly rubs his hands together excitedly as he takes in the sight of sub-forums consuming themselves.

"Yes," he muses to himself "yes...."

• Like 2

From what I've seen, "yandere" means "violently abusive and/or dangerous stalker, but played for laughs".

Not necessarily for laughs. School Days had rather bad end result, I’ve heard.

But it also had a rather nice boat.

• Like 3

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer