guessing of the 6th party...

It's going to be a wicht barbarian. I know because Robert Carlyle called and told me...

Robert Carlyle confirmed Voice Actor for Wicht Barbarian companion.

"Grr" "Shnlfh" and other such memorable catch-phrases from our lively wicht will make him an invaluable addition to the team (and the cost of Robert Carlyle entirely justified much like Vin Diesel as Groot)

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Right.

The questline for our beloved wicht companion (who's name is "Gnarr" by the way) will be that you'll have to mend his soul. He will never be a poster child, but maybe you can stop him from chewing Aloth's ankles all the time. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It kind of slipped on the Obsidian dev talk today but companion 7 is a chanter.  They gave the name too, M something, but I don't care so I didn't write it down :o

Also I seriously doubt they are a moon godlike, they have fins on their arms?

• Like 1

Moon godlike have scales in poe1

They are sea related.

Moon n sea are related in the mythology

They are extrapolating the godlikes.

Death godlike go from malign growthmen to dark horned demons

Fire godlike go from firetouched sometimes horned sometimes elemental people to straight up flaming horned devils

Moon godlike go to pale silver blue sometimes wet sometimes scaly moonseafolk to tentacled anemoned finned merfolk

Its okay. It nuances them more. And its a cool way to slip in devil demons angels merfolk satyrs without racebloat. And a reason why there are so many "races" but no need for 40 cultures or 20 continents.

Clever. Clean. Controllable.

3/3

Edited by Leeuwenhart

Right.

The questline for our beloved wicht companion (who's name is "Gnarr" by the way) will be that you'll have to mend his soul. He will never be a poster child, but maybe you can stop him from chewing Aloth's ankles all the time.

Or his dogsoul can be trained to do tricks haha.

Down boy!

Stop following me!

Fetch!

Stay!

Play dead!

Stop sh****ing in the inn!

But animancy is ~science~, not magic.

Yeah, if anything, it should be tied to skills and equipment, given its dependence on machines. In any case, its practitioners have already been shown to vary outside of rigid class lines. We've had Cipher animancers (Galvino), Priest animancers (Wymund), and Wizard animancers (Osrya) so far that I can think of, and I could be missing a few other types for all I know.

As for an additional companion, I'll cast my vote for a wicht

or Concelhaut's skull

again. Failing either of those, how about a vertically-challenged meadow folk rogue that everyone assumes is a dwarf before being harshly disabused of the notion in-game.

With codes and glyphs and grimoires.

Machines, actually. What you've described is just how wizardry works in the game already.
Dont you got magical gloves called Animancers Gloves with spellbind on them?

But yeah i never play wizard... so either way...

I always start out to roleplay a cerebral stoic shrewd non physical character...

... and end up playing a big guy that can give hits and take them but can never seem to comprimise good or keep his mouth shut even for the greater picture.

Why do i play roleplaying games to play myself? Haha.

For 20 years like this! Lol.

Edited by Leeuwenhart

Well... maybe we can combine my vote for a wicht barb companion and a Super-Pet: give us a wicht Super-Pet which can do Heart of Fury 1/encounter. It has crappy INT though, so the radius will be limited. ;)

Carrie Patel just mentioned a chanter named Tahaku in the twitch Q&A, that's our sixth companion's name and class?

I'm thinking it is the Moon Godlike.  It's a good class/race combo too.

I'm not convinced he's a Moon Godlike. I still think he's a (Sea) Godlike Aumaua.

The fins are not the only hint. In update 13, the last Valentine card says "I Huana be with you". Isn't Huana an Aumaua culture?

Edited by Pope

Ondra is the godess of moon an sea, tides and everything that is connected. So, technically it's a moon godlike. Or let's say Ondra-Godlike. 

He has a moon symbol on his forehead. It's not that prominent but you can see it.

My theory is that - depending in the place on Eora and how the gods are worshipped - the forms of godlike alter a bit. On an archipelago, Ondra's aspect of ocean, sea and tides will most likely be a more prominent part of the worshipping than the moon. So maybe the blessings are a bit different in different parts of the world.

Also see here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91233-stretch-goal-discussion/page-45?do=findComment&comment=1887549

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

The local kith (humanoid-types) are the Huana, a culture of semi-nomadic tribal aumaua who spread themselves thin across the islands. The tribes are distinct from one another, but they cleave to a shared sense of identity and tradition. Each Huana is part of a caste system that defines their role within the tribe. The warrior and priest class are at the front, with skilled artisans following close behind, and at last the modest laborers bringing up the rear. Equal treatment is not one of their core values, but those born in the disadvantaged underclass content themselves with knowing they'll earn a better place in society in their next life.

Update 9 actually confirms that the Huana are Aumaua.

He has a moon symbol on his forehead. It's not that prominent but you can see it.

Or is it cut off?

original.gif

​Notice the difference:

Moon-godlike-female-portrait.jpg

​Cutting off the "growth" would leave such a scar, no, or too far-fetched? What caste does he belong to? Underclass or in the upper echelon as a skilled artisan (being a Chanter)?

Edited by Osvir

Eder was a fighter but a farmer...

So dont go whopping chanter into artisan yet

On godlike appearance...

Theyre getting an overhaul.

Simple as that.

Look at the fire godlike and death godlike we both saw. Way more nuanced.

Dragon age 2 made qunari their own too.

They just refining and turning up the amp

Its in the wiki since poe1 that moon godlike feel fet and or have scales. Not just good expressed in the art.

And he looks very aumauan like palegina looks calbandaran. They can pronounce heritage in npcs easier.

Edited by Leeuwenhart

The local kith (humanoid-types) are the Huana, a culture of semi-nomadic tribal aumaua who spread themselves thin across the islands. The tribes are distinct from one another, but they cleave to a shared sense of identity and tradition. Each Huana is part of a caste system that defines their role within the tribe. The warrior and priest class are at the front, with skilled artisans following close behind, and at last the modest laborers bringing up the rear. Equal treatment is not one of their core values, but those born in the disadvantaged underclass content themselves with knowing they'll earn a better place in society in their next life.

It fits with Chanter. But again, if his forehead growth has been cut off, it could be "disadvantaged underclass" as well. Or some "Upper Class" shenanigans and it was cut off to keep him there? *shrug* maybe it's not cut off at all he just has a different type of growth. I don't think he's in the warrior or priest caste though.

​It's just speculation.

Wait a minute :skeptical:

Edér is a human Eothasian farmer...

Xoti is a human Eothasian farmer...

Talking 'bout COPY PASTE :no:

Obama is a human politician

Kim Jong Un is a human poltician

Omg... we ARE all the same XD

tbf Shes Gaun aspect follower. Shes savannah folk. Is she a farmer? Bz Gaun is the harvest god .. hence the sickle

Obama is a human politician

Kim Jong Un is a human poltician

Wow, I'd like to see a cRPG with those two in a party.

Shes savannah folk. Is she a farmer? Bz Gaun is the harvest god .. hence the sickle

Actually she's both meadow and savannah... and she's got a farmer background

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Xoti

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The wiki is wrong, official interviews/info dumps on various sites state she is an eothas worshiper.  As I recall Gaun is just an aspect of Eothas, like the Pallid Knight is just an aspect of Berath.  Also pretty sure she is savannah folk, not meadow.  Look at the skin tone/hair color, not to mention the name, also didn't they flat state that when she was announced?

Either way I find the funniest part is that Eder and Xoti apparently don't get along.  Makes me think she will probably be a little on the zealot side of things.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

The wiki is wrong, official interviews/info dumps on various sites state she is an eothas worshiper.  As I recall Gaun is just an aspect of Eothas, like the Pallid Knight is just an aspect of Berath.  Also pretty sure she is savannah folk, not meadow.  Look at the skin tone/hair color, not to mention the name, also didn't they flat state that when she was announced?

Either way I find the funniest part is that Eder and Xoti apparently don't get along.  Makes me think she will probably be a little on the zealot side of things.

The 2nd fig update specifically says she's meadow folk/savannah folk.

• Like 1