NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

out of a cannon

into the sun

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It took about four miracles, but the Packers beat the Browns. We'll likely see Rodgers return for at least one game next week. Even if we win out, the playoffs are a long shot...but it is a chance.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Well, the most complete team that is not the Patriots just lost their QB for the season. Wentz was also the only guy that was competing with Tom Brady for MVP. Time for that old "the MVP doesn't win the Super Bowl" streak to finally be broken.

My Boys are clinging on to a slim chance to sneak into the playoffs (I was out and they pulled me back in) after dispatching the reeling Giants. We need to win out and get some help to hop ahead of 2 teams (most likely Atlanta and Seattle) and have the Pack drop a game, since they hold the tiebreaker over us. The C-Hox we can take care of ourselves, since we play them in 2 weeks, and it's conceivable that the Panthers could beat the cheeseheads next week. Then we also need the Falcons to slip on a banana peel along the way.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Cowboys are in a pretty impossible position. Sort of like the Packers right now, but with worse tiebreakers. We need some things to go right for us in addition to needing to win out to get to the playoffs, but you guys are going to need virtually everything to go right to get in.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Giants need to change their entire offensive philosophy of 2 yard passes. Eli had a good completion % and control of the ball for  over 3 quarters but the offense never got anywhere ebecause of such silliness. He then proceeds to toss 2 late interceptions 'cause the Giants  were trailing and Dallas knew they could set back and wait for it. LMAO Eli's best games/days are when he friggin' airs it. So what if it gets intercepted once and while. I'd rather have him have 4TDs and 2INTs with 300+  yards than 1TD and 1INT with barely (if only) 200 yards. Plus, it is the only way to seriously see if he can still play at a high level or not instead thes elow end rinkadink passes.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I started rooting for the Chargers because I thought the Chiefs were pretty much donezo and wouldn't do anything in the playoffs, and of course, the Chargers immediately fall off a cliff in their most important game of the season. I guess I just shouldn't root for AFCW teams anymore, since it seems like they all immediately die when I do (going back to last year with the Raiders...).

Well, Rodgers threw 3 INTs (including two back-to-back) putting the game out of reach - first time he's thrown that many since 2009. That'll finally end the Packers' season when combined with the 32nd-ranked red zone defense. Kept underthrowing all day - seems like he wasn't ready to return after all.

(edit): lol, we got a TD and then incredibly got a onside kick recovery, and then the receiver immediately fumbled to end the game.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Muh Boys got some help from the Panthers, eliminating the Packers from playoff contention, now we need to take care of business (win out) and get more help.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Giants are dumb. Waste a good Eli game.  3rd and gaol from the 11 and they choose to run. LMFAO

Last play of the game do a stuypid no chance lateral instead of actually passing.

Getting all kicks blocked with poor defense versus a 'backup' QB.

That said, this game proves that Eli can play as long as  you allow him to PASS THE BALL. none of these 2 yard 'passes'. LMFAO

Hopefully, wheoveer he plays for next season ALLOWS HIM TO PLAY QB RIGHT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Holy ****!  Muh Boys just won and kept their postseason hopes alive on the dumbest rule in football.  :blink:

Edit: Go Bucs!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some really dissatisfying ends today. Packers get a lucky onside kick with 2 minutes to go to tie the game to go into overtime...and a receiver, who came in to replace the guy the Panthers headhunted earlier in the game, immediately fumbles the ball, game over. Steelers have a shot at beating the Patriots for the #1 seed...or worse case, tie the game if they can't get the TD...and Big Ben has a giant brain fart and decides to throw a really stupid pick instead when he could've just thrown it away for another shot. And now this...Carr makes a hilariously stupid decision to stretch out for the pylon when he really wasn't even close, drops the ball in the end zone, and one of the worst rules in the NFL is activated: touchback. If you fumble out of bounds at any other point in the field, you get the ball back, but not in the end zone for some reason. Grr. All I saw today were good games with horrible endings.

Holy ****!  Muh Boys just won and kept their postseason hopes alive on the dumbest rule in football.  :blink:

I watched the game, but with the sound off (I like to play MMOs while watching football--no thought required to do either). Are you talking about the fumble out the back of the endzone? I thought that was a good call, personally.

I've watched a lot of dumb and inexplicable things happen in Cowboy games over the last decade or so, overwhelmingly they've usually gone against us.  For once, something completely ridiculous happened and it worked out in our favor and kept our season alive.  Granted, our chances of making the playoffs are still quite slim, but I'll take that gift.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I watched the game, but with the sound off (I like to play MMOs while watching football--no thought required to do either). Are you talking about the fumble out the back of the endzone? I thought that was a good call, personally.

I'm talking about Derek Carr fumbling the ball while trying to stretch out for the goal line and fumbling the ball into the endzone and out of bounds.  The call was correct, it's the rule that's stupid.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Uh, why? Fumble out of the sides of the endzone, it just goes back to where it was when it was last possessed, same as if it were fumbled out of bounds in the middle of the field.

Uh, why? Fumble out of the sides of the endzone, it just goes back to where it was when it was last possessed, same as if it were fumbled out of bounds in the middle of the field.

Why not get rid of the safety too? These are bookend rules about what happens when a player loses control of the ball and it goes out of the endzone. Yes, they penalize offensive players which is too be expected because they had possession and lost it in the first place.

Why not get rid of the safety too? These are bookend rules about what happens when a player loses control of the ball and it goes out of the endzone. Yes, they penalize offensive players which is too be expected because they had possession and lost it in the first place.

Because it's a rule that creates really weird and almost always undeserved turnovers. I've never seen a situation where this rule was used where I thought, "Oh, that makes sense, that's great!". Just the opposite - even when the Packers won a game earlier off of it against the Bears, it was stupid. When the Seahawks won against the Lions last year because of it, it was stupid. Go ahead and fumble at the 1 yard line out of bounds all you want, but don't you dare fumble any closer to the goal line than that...

@Shady: Why not just become an owner of the Packers instead? :)

Fantasy football related: I am in my league's championship game after an improbable run: won 5 of my last 6 games of the regular season, which combined with a win earlier in the season, gave me an amazing 6-7 record on the season...which let me claim the 6th and final seed on tiebreakers. My team is, quite frankly, terrible, but somehow I'm in the championship game. It's all up to me from stopping the same guy from winning my league 3 times in a row. I think my luck is gonna run out, but hey, you can only make do with what you're given.