I looked through all 19 pages of the suggestion thread in the other forum. I recorded each time a post supported a suggestion, and there are over 150 of them. These were the most common:
- Deeper Companions - Basically more dialogue, more reactivity, etc. 15 mentions.
- Legible Game Mechanics - This is actually a couple put together. People had a hard time reading different parts of combat including too much visuals, item-stacking, attack speed mechanics, and the combat log. 10 mentions.
- Six Party Members - At least 9 in favor of. Oops.
- Companions Attack - Companions get pissed off and attack you / other party members 8.
- Better AI - Better for enemies, the party, and customizable.
- Mod Support - Indeed. 8.
- More Scripted Encounters - As it says. 8.
- Improved Stronghold - Generally more content. 7.
- Loading Times - Faster loading. 7.
- Bigger Big City - More content, increased focus, one not two. 7.
- More Unique Weapons - I saw the damn talking sword from BG2 mentions so many times. 7.
- Promancers - A horrible class of enemies that must be attacked with fire and sword. Or you know, want slightly different gameplay that I don't value. 7.
- More Class / Background Specific Content. 7.
I, as a non Obsidian Employee will address your points one by one. Please bear in mind I am actually pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, and I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.
1: Pretty sure they are already doing this one, it also falls into the realm of common sense. Of course everyone wants better companions.
2: I suspect this is part of why they are changing the mechanics a lot. They are doing that you know.
3: Uh too late? *Hands the people who posted this a tissue*
4: Okay this one is legit, piss them off enough they turn on you. Kind of falls into #1 though.
5: They are already doing this one.
6: It is unity, so by default it supports mods. It just might not be "easy" to mod it.
7: Fair enough, not sure how I feel about it personally.
8: They have already said you get a pirate ship.
9: Get a better pc.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously load times were always fine. Also seriously, no one wants their game to run bad, I am sure they will do all they can.
10: Another common sense, of course everyone wants this thing.
11: Common sense rules the day at the Friendly Arm.
12: Yeah, as much as we like to make light of it on these forums, Obsidian also knows a large RPG demographic likes Romance in games.
13: Even though this is another common sense thing I guess it is fair, it is specific enough most people might not think of it.
Bear in mind when I say "common sense thing", I mean "This is so damn obvious a thing people will want, people could not post about it, and Obsidian would still know people want this". Obsidian doesn't need this sort of feedback as it is patently obvious doing those things would be good based on "common sense" or feedback from Eternity 1. Everyone wants more cool weapons, everyone wants better companions, everyone wants a cool stronghold, everyone wishes defiance bay was better, etc etc.
What people need to post are things like your second set of suggestions. Things that are very specific and not normally thought about. Those details are what will help them make a better game and give a general quality of life upgrade for the players. So kudpos on set two, very good stuff.
Please note I am not really bashing the OP, this was good work. I just want to throw it out there that there is such a thing as pointless or bad feedback. The best way to get the best game possible is to focus on giving the best feedback you can. Example "Mur uneeq weap ons lol" is crap feedback. "Let's add Whips to the game and give them these unique mechanics....." = not crap feedback.
Edited by Karkarov, 30 January 2017 - 05:09 AM.