Deleted it. Tried to drag and drop a screenshot of Neketaka but didn't work. Any1 can tell me how to drop a picture here (stupid question, I know, but still...)

Click the picture icon above the post-writing space: it's a blue, white, and green rectangle within a frame. You'll also need to upload your picture somewhere, 'cos an URL is required.

• Like 1

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded sidekicks as a later stretch goals but the 8th companion is so much more important to me. The longer we delay that stretch goal, the lower our chances to actually get it.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ I must take the bait: Why 5/7 and not 7/7, if it's amazing? :)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ I must take the bait: Why 5/7 and not 7/7, if it's amazing? :)

The truly wondrous origin of 5/7.

Ydwin- A strange pale elf cipher from "a lot of different places". Fascinated by animancy, Ydwin spends her free time examining fresh and not-so-fresh corpses. Though she has a charming and pleasant demeanor, new acquaintances are often shocked at her intimate familiarity with death and her dispassionate affect in the face of even the most grisly scenes.

Highlander Pillars of Eternity crossover confirmed?! Proof:

• Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded sidekicks as a later stretch goals but the 8th companion is so much more important to me. The longer we delay that stretch goal, the lower our chances to actually get it.

Expansion, maybe?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Neketaka looks gorgeous.

One thing though: If I ever created my own fantasy world, I'd surely include some sort of pseudo-electric lights. Really, having torches and fire bowls at every corner (and in tropical rain to boot) becomes cheesy after a while. :D

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Neketaka looks gorgeous.

One thing though: If I ever created my own fantasy world, I'd surely include some sort of pseudo-electric lights. Really, having torches and fire bowls at every corner (and in tropical rain to boot) becomes cheesy after a while. :D

Street lanters would suffice I suppose. Big cities had them up to late 19th century.

• Like 1

Expansion, maybe?

Yeah, I was hoping the expansion would add more on top of the eight in the base game :p

What the hell is a Storm Folk?

90% sure its Asians....

All Folk are human subrace.

We got

European

African

Native American (N&S)

Were lacking Asians

A. From beyond that troubled sea that is HARD to cross (why nobody knows his language)

B. From around or in Rauatai which has a big Asian Imperial vibe.

Jusr read his description again.

Its 100% answer A.

Hes from beyond the "Sea of Storms"/"Here be monsters" area

Edited by Leeuwenhart
  • Like 1

We also lack Indians.

I was sort of assuming Storm Folk might be Polynesian/pacific islander.

Island Aumaua are those.

For me it feels like they chopped some cultures up into other kith (normal)

1 Scotland: Woodelves

(Aedyr is Brittish Empire)

2 Inuit/Greenland: Etanunik/Naasitaq

3 Polynesian/SE Asia archipelagos:

Island Aumaua

4 Imperial China/Japan: Rauatai/Coastal Aumaua

Could be wrong.

First i got the vibe that france was woodelves aedyr brittain or vice versa bz of 100 y war and france and england share a lot of things bz of this.

But then... Hylspeak is kinda on the nose.

About the sidekicks, i am worry about have characters that feels incomplete compared to a companion, dont directly cut them, but create the sensation that the character have less content just because that is how the character is, simple personalities and interests, with less conflict that dont generate much dialogues or reactivity. And directly put them off the relationship system neither, maybe they just care enough about one specific thing to influence on your relationship, and not necesarly all of them, but if you feel that the character you have created would need the relationship system, then maybe reduce other aspects to compensate the development, one sidekick may be not interested in almost anything but he/she care about your relationship, variety on the nature of content that each one have would help. Justify the reduced content, try dont mak e them feel less developed, but just less complicated characters. :thumbsup:

Edited by Piero
  • Like 2

Maybe in your party management menu their should be a differentiation between companions and sidekicks. Maybe call them tag-alongs instead of sidekicks, and note that they basically wan't to join your party on their own accord. Because their is no elaborate relationship system you don't have to worry about pissing them off.

Companions 2.0 (modern) generate expotencial workload the more you add. Not only add all the stuff for new one, but also change all previous to react the new guy and have relationship tracker. That could clog pipelines.

Companions 1.0 (oldschool) are easier, and have strong benefit of obeing able to add more of them.

They will have banters, related quest and probably some dialogues.

In comparison to BG or KotOR they will be totally fine. If PoE1 was ok for you, this bonus companions will also be fine.

Maybe sidekicks is deragatory term? Lets call them friends with benefits.

Part time companions allow future addition of Vithracks Cipher/Ranger with pet wyrmling. That is something to stand behind.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 2