Confirmed: Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

/drool

Gfted1 ship sounds even better than Gfted1 pig. Whats the difference between the last two rewards?

Pet is $500, Ship is $5000

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Almost decided to back based on what was shown in the announcement video but i'm afraid i'll have to pass: Firstly because I thought Poe was mediocre and a step back for Obsidian, and secondly because I wouldn't touch Fig (or anything Tim Schafer has a hand in for obvious reasons) with a bargepole. However I will keep an eye on the title and wish Obsidian the best of luck.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Didn't backed yet 'cause I only have like 20 euros in my account lol. Maybe sometime in the coming days I can drop some 10 more and get the basic pack :p

So, they need 1.1 million to localize in French and German and add multiclassing, eh? Meh, tbh, especially the localization. Hope they reach the 1.1 mil threshold and add some interesting stretch goals (longer game, maps or whatever interesting stuff they can come up with because localizations isn't something to get excited about).

• Like 1

Hehe, no, I mean:

-20 digital copies of PoE II: Deadfire

-Digital copy of Pillars II

What is "Pillars II"? A "making of" documentary or such?

Oooo, derpy me.

I think its a typo.  The other entries just list "-Digital copy of Pillars 2", my guess is someone meant to replace that with "-20 digital copies of PoE II: Deadfire" and forgot to delete the old after inserting the new.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Didn't backed yet 'cause I only have like 20 euros in my account lol. Maybe sometime in the coming days I can drop some 10 more and get the basic pack :p

So, they need 1.1 million to localize in French and German and add multiclassing, eh? Meh, tbh, especially the localization. Hope they reach the 1.1 mil threshold and add some interesting stretch goals (longer game, maps or whatever interesting stuff they can come up with because localizations isn't something to get excited about).

You aren't charged unless the goal is reached on Feb 24, 2017, so you won't be charged until then. So if you think you will have X amount of currency available for a pledge by Feb 24, I would just pledge.

Edited by floredon

You aren't charged unless the goal is reached on Feb 24, 2017, so you won't be charged until then. So if you think you will have X amount of currency available for a pledge by Feb 24, I would just pledge.

Hah! I always forget that :p

Thnx!

• Like 1

It's for that at the begining I was thinking :

English - French - German - Spanish - Italian - Polish (textual) (Like PoE 1)

English - French - German (Audio)

But it's not very clear in the presentation text.

Edited by theBalthazar

Could anyone ask the question for PayPal support in the fig comment section, please?

Thanks in advance.

I asked Aarik via DM on Twitter and he said they're looking into it.

If they enable Paypal, I'll ask that my payment method be changed to that so I can use my Paypal balance and I'll even top my pledge with another 20 bucks for the soundtrack CD addon, as though the 240 bucks I've already dropped on it weren't enough XD

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Could anyone ask the question for PayPal support in the fig comment section, please?

Thanks in advance.

I asked Aarik via DM on Twitter and he said they're looking into it.

If they enable Paypal, I'll ask that my payment method be changed to that so I can use my Paypal balance and I'll even top my pledge with another 20 bucks for the soundtrack CD addon, as though the 240 bucks I've already dropped on it weren't enough XD

Thank you, good sir!

Backed it at the $45 level. Had intended to also invest a few thousand in the game but holding off for now after reading in one of the online news stories that PoE2 party size has been dropped to five. If true, that's something that really pisses me off.

Backed it at the $45 level. Had intended to also invest a few thousand in the game but holding off for now after reading in one of the online news stories that PoE2 party size has been dropped to five. If true, that's something that really pisses me off.

Ack! Five party members just seems off. Hopefully that is a false report. 

• Like 2

My reply in another thread:

Hmm, it does indeed seem a bit random, though, going from 6 to 5, so this rumour got me thinking.

They've already acknowledged that we will be able to continue with our party and use the old save game from PoE1, with a few info markers getting transferred too.

To me, this really suggests that they won't be changing the party number from 6 to 5, otherwise, they have a big problem on their hands.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

reducing the party size would reduce the amount of spells and abilities that have graphics displayed on the background, which would help to see what is going on, I wouldn't mind. regarding the "huge problem" of importing a save, you could just be given an option of who to have in your party and who stays in your ship.

I've re-watched the Fig vid, and there are a few sequences and images with 5 party members, and at least two with 4, but none with 6. Whelp!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

reducing the party size would reduce the amount of spells and abilities that have graphics displayed on the background, which would help to see what is going on, I wouldn't mind. regarding the "huge problem" of importing a save, you could just be given an option of who to have in your party and who stays in your ship.

Yeah, I'm still looking forward to it just as much. It's just a matter of tradition (PoE1) and more options, choices, and consequences, I guess.

• Like 2

At least someone has asked the question like 8 min ago at Fig. :)

And an answer is in:

"We're going to have an update on a bunch of stuff about combat and party info at a later date, so stay tuned for that!"

Informative.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2