The blame game is finally starting to take off

I find it sad and amusing at the same time

I do wonder whether he/ Time believed what was written in that article or if they felt compelled to do it as the alternative was to admit they had things completely wrong. Neither is a great prospect for motivation, of course, but Time was one of the most stridently anti Trump media (things like the 'Meltdown' and 'Complete Meltdown' covers) so they have to come up with some reason for why they were wrong apart from them being rubbish- because if they're rubbish then why would you buy their mag? Have to say though, I actually haven't seen many articles in that vein. Lots of general wailings and 'where did we go wrongs' from the media, lots of post facto Hillary blaming, very little Bernie Blaming. Guess the loss was sufficiently bad and unexpected that it has caused a genuine jolt, while the Gore 2000 loss at least could be mitigated by/ chalked up to hanging chads or 'cheating' from Katherine Harris.

I'd tend to rate the overall Democrat response as being pretty decently self aware- so far. It's a big organisation with lots of vested interests, it can't pivot on a dime. The Wasserman-Schultz's and Brazile's are unlike to fall on their swords politically or metaphorically but there does seem to be some acknowledgement that things went Very Wrong and a desire to fix them. Probably the only way to make things worse is to blame Bernie for everything, though, and that has to be a temptation for Hillary supporters.

Edited by Zoraptor

The easy cop out is blame white people for being racists even though many of the same states that voted for Trump also voted for Obama. Yet they are racist because they chose one whitey over another. L0L

A more plausible reason is racist (and sexist) black men (and women) did not want to vote for a white woman (or man) so didn't even bother to vote.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A billionaire usurped the democratic party's status as champions of the lumpenproleteriat

Barkeep, get me another

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

They are giving to a cause they believe in. Is that foolish?

Meanwhile, what the greatness of America is all about:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html

Other than being potential hit list material, what benefit is to this?

The weird thing is a similar system was abandoned years ago because it was redundant.  Because WE ALREADY DO THIS.  If you come into the US, you go on a list.  

Media......just die already. Your shooting urself in ur damn foot, **** I feel like u already blew off ur leg and now pulling a Cheney.

Can someone please explain the hate and backlash Trump is getting from A. Not accepting the presidential salary and B. Blowing up because he wanted to have a family dinner without the media.

Seriously, WTF is going on?!

Media......just die already. Your shooting urself in ur damn foot, **** I feel like u already blew off ur leg and now pulling a Cheney.

Can someone please explain the hate and backlash Trump is getting from A. Not accepting the presidential salary and B. Blowing up because he wanted to have a family dinner without the media.

They are doing anything and everything to break his supporters and cause division.

It is because of a few things IMHO.

1) They weren't pulling for him, breaking ethics for him, and don't like him.

2) He said he would implement slander laws to tone down their accusations. (dunno if I agree with him, but I'm just stating it here).

3) He just put the head honcho of Breitbart into his cabinet. This indicates he won't be relying on traditional media, and they will be left out in the cold. So they say Bannon is racist and whatever else.

4) They were caught cheating in the election (CNN did anyway).

The MSM isn't trusted by most, and has been more propaganda than news lately. They don't want to lose power, but the upcoming president doesnt like them and they think they can destroy him.

This is why Facebook and other social media is on the warpath against "Fake" news. They know the jig is up, and have to try and stop people from looking elsewhere. It's sad.

They are giving to a cause they believe in. Is that foolish?

Meanwhile, what the greatness of America is all about:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html

Other than being potential hit list material, what benefit is to this?

The weird thing is a similar system was abandoned years ago because it was redundant.  Because WE ALREADY DO THIS.  If you come into the US, you go on a list.

If you read the article, they are talking about visitors from countries where widespread terrorist movements are active. If everyone is on the list, that's too many people to monitor.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why do you feel guilty? I told you  guys not to vote independent  ;)

There are many reasons Trump won this election, do you want to know who I think needs to take the most responsibility ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leaCE7ra20M

This is why Democrats and SJW Nazis like Bruce still don't get why they lost. They were warned.

Firstly no one thought Trump would win...but I have been analyzing this election and I can give you several reasons for the Trump  victory if you want to know?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Who you referring to when you say A and B?

John Milton 

There are many reasons Trump won this election, do you want to know who I think needs to take the most responsibility ?

Who feels guilty?

Free games updated 3/4/21

'Our source'? Does the media expect us to believe them with their 'sources'? Their sources, their oipinions, their 'facts' have been to be WRONG repeatedly. Their words are meaningless outside of us getting a few chuckles out of it. Keep up the good work fellas we needs the entertainment.

" were allegedly devastated:"

It's nonsense like this that makes it impossible to take the writer seriously. This must  be a joke article. :p

Edited by Volourn

Who feels guilty?

I assumed you were because you ignored what Obama said to you when he said   "  people MUST  vote for Hilary if they care about my legacy "  ?

John Milton 

His legacy of assassinating Amerikans with no trial? Or his legacy of mass murdering Syrians? Or his legacy of extremist muslims mass murdering gays in a bar? Or his legacy of fearmongering to the point that crybabies are making up horrible stories or  attacking black and latinos who 'dared' to vote Trump? EPIC LEGACY IS EPIC.

'Our source'? Does the media expect us to believe them with their 'sources'? Their sources, their oipinions, their 'facts' have been to be WRONG repeatedly. Their words are meaningless outside of us getting a few chuckles out of it. Keep up the good work fellas we needs the entertainment.

Hold on ....so now "  you dont trust the media ".....since when volo?

Volo no need to jump on the " down with the media bandwagon"  its more an American thing

I still trust the media on most things, the media was manipulated by the Trump campaign.....its not our fault we focused on the wrong issues 

John Milton 

No, I felt sorry for Obama... that and disappointed

I'm  just teasing you, you went to Iraq and served your country. I would never tell you who you should vote for  

At the time I thought you were overreacting but the truth is Obama overplayed the whole "  people who care about my legacy must vote for Hilary " 

Hilary was not Obama, even if people like myself believed the hype

But I still have huge respect for Obama and firmly believe history will judge him favorably 

He still  has  a very high popularity rating which is unusual for this time of second term ? 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/prez_track_nov16

John Milton 

I have difficulty mustering up much sympathy for Obama...or the Democratic Party in general...when it was partly thanks to their efforts in trying to ensure that Hillary won the primaries that we now have Trump as president. It's not like her various scandals and flaws weren't well-known then. No, I feel bad for Bernie Sanders, who was cheated and insulted by the people who were supposed to share a similar ideology to him...and for all of us who actually tried to get him to win.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I have difficulty mustering up much sympathy for Obama...or the Democratic Party in general...when it was partly thanks to their efforts in trying to ensure that Hillary won the primaries that we now have Trump as president. It's not like her various scandals and flaws weren't well-known then. No, I feel bad for Bernie Sanders, who was cheated and insulted by the people who were supposed to share a similar ideology to him...and for all of us who actually tried to get him to win.

And the fact he was a far left populist didnt bother you ?

Barti I liked Sanders, I always did but you realize many things he promised or suggested  he wouldn't be able to actually do....like breaking up the Investment Banks ?

John Milton 

Barti I liked Sanders, I always did but you realize many things he promised or suggested  he wouldn't be able to actually do....like breaking up the Investment Banks ?

Separate investment and commercial banking is how it was from the 1930s (correct me if I'm wrong here) until Bill Clinton so it doesn't seem that radical to me

Free games updated 3/4/21

Some people said that if Trump were within 2% in the RCP average of polls that he would win. Some also said that bulk of the electorate would ignore the tax returns and concentrate on the more salacious aspects of the campaign. Some people said that opportunistic charges of racism, sexism, and homophobia would eventually have diminishing and then perversely contrary effects. Who could have thought that crying wolf would eventually invite a wolf into our midst? That was facetious.

I personally didn't think Trump's past was the problem, merely his response to it. From a purely political perspective, mind you. Trump and Clinton are both unsavory characters. Once he started shutting up about his accusers and concentrated on the debate between Clinton's policies versus his own, he firmed up his numbers. That was already happening before the debacle of Comey's repeated proclamations, of which I counted four(if one reckons the House committee hearing). I was happy to take Comey at face value the first time, was unsure why he agreed to meet with a committee that doesn't even oversee his organization (the FBI is purely executive as I understand it) and then thought he looked unhinged to send out two letters so close to the election that would certainly make both parties unhappy and not in a good 'both sides hate me' sort of way. More like, 'he's the quintessential amateur' brand of stupidity.

One last thought: Clinton won the popular vote. Fair enough. Even if she had won the election, the Democrats still would have put forth a dismal effort. I know this might elicit a barrage of internet 'facts,' but the Democrats should really take a look at their message and their brand. I said to people a long time ago, before Donald Trump won the nomination as a matter of fact, that the Democrats who were gleeful at the prospect of running against him shouldn't be so happy because he might just win. I remember distinctly someone laughing at me and saying something to the effect that he was simply not electable and that the Republic would never go for him. I'm not laughing now because the whole affair is too sordid for my tastes. The only good to come out of this is that maybe, and I'm not even very hopeful about this, we've rid ourselves of the Clintons for good. I don't hate Bill or Hillary. I wish them no harm. They are, like everyone else, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. ...But we are all better off to see them retire, Republicans, Independents, and Democrats all.

• Like 1

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

It's downright humiliating the dems lost to a guy like Trump. They need to quit making excuses, and most of all, purge the Clintons who do nothing but make excuses for failure. So funny we were all lecturing republicans a few years ago, that they need to reassess their values and their message - and it's true. But it goes for both parties now.

Separate investment and commercial banking is how it was from the 1930s (correct me if I'm wrong here) until Bill Clinton so it doesn't seem that radical to me

You are correct. And you are also correct that Clinton signed the law that put an end to that. But it actually started under Carter.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell