The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

“I will look at it at the time,” Trump said. “What I have seen is so bad. First of all, the media is so dishonest and corrupt and the pile-on is amazing.” The media, he said, has “poisoned the mind of voters.”

The impotent rage of moral busybodies caused by what Trump says is the fuel for fun.

There, fixed it for ya.

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

“I will look at it at the time,” Trump said. “What I have seen is so bad. First of all, the media is so dishonest and corrupt and the pile-on is amazing.” The media, he said, has “poisoned the mind of voters.”

The impotent rage of moral busybodies caused by what Trump says is the fuel for fun.

There, fixed it for ya.

QFT

I just wish I did find Trumps controversial comments entertaining, I just find much of what he says as concerning 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I thought this was pretty good. It's on Republicans, Trump, small government and bigotry.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2016/10/rick_perlstein_on_how_the_republican_party_will_recover_from_trump.html

But Trump is revealing contradictions in the Republican coalition in a really profound way. The neo-liberalism in the Republican agenda has never been popular. I have polls from 1984 showing people thought that the level of regulation was perfectly fine, they were perfectly happy paying the level of taxes they were paying, all these sorts of things, and yet, Reagan won 49 states. It must have been something else, right? Trump complicates the analysis because he’s shored up his support among the Conservative establishment by outsourcing his tax plan to Stephen Moore and looking more like a traditional conservative, but he certainly doesn’t talk a lot about it on the campaign trail. On the campaign trail, it’s all about the fecklessness of Republican elites who have allowed his voters’ hometowns to turn into ghost towns. How do Republican leaders respond to that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The day the neocons disappear would be beneficial for everyone. That's probably the best part of this election on how they have been exposed and are on the way out.

Paleocons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism) are less radical in terms of economical policy and foreign relations + they also stiffle the rise of far-right and racist movements. I see some resemblence of such policies in Trump.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Moderator Chris Wallace asked Donald Trump directly if he would accept the results, owing to Trump’s recent rhetoric the election is rigged. Wallace noted Trump’s running mate Mike Pence, and his daughter Ivanka, both said they absolutely would accept the results of this election.

It's a great answer to give. If he would say "I will accept the result" it would give a green light for fraud and he couldn't do anything about it.

Now the government needs to be careful to eliminate or marginalize frauds and tampering with election to not give president Trump ammo for rigging the election.

Why do you think any fraud needs a green light from the guy it is going to work against?

And you think Trump needs ammo for his whining? Fair amount of people just go on the principle of "well, everyone knows.." particularly his meshbacks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Paleocons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism)... stiffle the rise of far-right and racist movements. 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Give a counter-argument instead.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Paleocons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism)... stiffle the rise of far-right and racist movements. 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

I can definitely see the merit of the argument that a conservative movement which uses coded language to pander to bigots and socio-economic policies that just so happen to have a disproportionately negative impact on people of color would probably garner the support of the far-right and racist crowd, thus preventing them from becoming a force of their own. The problem is that this isn't as much stifling the rise of said movements as it is legitimizing  them.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The rise of the far-right, we talking anclaps or facists here? Either way, it's coming from the deterioration of the economy and will be embraced when the "elite" choose to take the brown pill instead of getting killed by a revolutionary left. Paleoconservatives only halt the far-right in the way socdems do for the revolutionary left, that is only when times are relatively good by giving them a lite version of what they want or stroking their feels in a non-threatening manner. As it is, times are not good and any reforms at this point will not be enough to stop the increasing automation and globalization.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

There is a massive amount of voter fraud in US elections : http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/18/commit-voter-fraud-massive-scale-part-ii-project-veritas-investigation-clinton-network/

And the guy talking about it visited the White House 340 times! And why should that surprise anybody, from a president who subverted both the Justice Department and the FBI to let Hilzilla get away with her crimes?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The rise of the far-right, we talking anclaps or facists here? Either way, it's coming from the deterioration of the economy and will be embraced when the "elite" choose to take the brown pill instead of getting killed by a revolutionary left. Paleoconservatives only halt the far-right in the way socdems do for the revolutionary left, that is only when times are relatively good by giving them a lite version of what they want or stroking their feels in a non-threatening manner. As it is, times are not good and any reforms at this point will not be enough to stop the increasing automation and globalization.

KP dont get bogged down by all these pseudo-social and political movements that redefine there names, its a form of aberrant political nomenclature ....most people have never heard of  " Paleocons ", "sociocons " or all these other modern and ultimately redundant movements that use "cons " in there description

The world is not as bad as you think, the  global financial sector has learnt important lessons since 2008, the West still offers people the best quality of life and real happiness....and NO....Trump won win the election.

After last night he could have almost inconceivably somehow changed public perception ...but he didnt and he is done 

Can we dance a little  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

[citation needed]

Booooring!

I can definitely see the merit of the argument that a conservative movement which uses coded language to pander to bigots and socio-economic policies that just so happen to have a disproportionately negative impact on people of color would probably garner the support of the far-right and racist crowd, thus preventing them from becoming a force of their own. The problem is that this isn't as much stifling the rise of said movements as it is legitimizing  them.

Much better!

But perhaps as you have noticed, despite living inside Orban's Wall, that the forces at bay are much larger than stormtroopers seeking legitimacy but rather large squats of people becoming disenfranschised from the very society that they are a bulk of. Just look at the rise of Swedish Democrats in Sweden and many others; such things do not simply happen in vacuum. Compartmentalizing them into the same group as the real ant-democratic ones will just add further fuel to the fire, instead of reaching out to the underlying issues with empathy, where i think paleo-conservatism is one of many ways to do so.

I am afraid that Trump is the olive branch concerning the circumstances. The pendelum is swinging and as some famous guy said: "if you make peaceful revolution impossible, you will make a violent one inevitable".

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Much better!

But perhaps as you have noticed, despite living inside Orban's Wall, that the forces at bay are much larger than stormtroopers seeking legitimacy but rather large squats of people becoming disenfranschised from the very society that they are a bulk of. Just look at the rise of Swedish Democrats in Sweden and many others; such things do not simply happen in vacuum. Compartmentalizing them into the same group as the real ant-democratic ones will just add further fuel to the fire, instead of reaching out to the underlying issues with empathy, where i think paleo-conservatism is one of many ways to do so.

I am afraid that Trump is the olive branch concerning the circumstances. The pendelum is swinging and as some famous guy said: "if you make peaceful revolution impossible, you will make a violent one inevitable".

Trump is an embarrassment and  disgrace to the whole concept of  " I'll save the USA\White Men ( not White women, its White men Trump will save )....dont believe anything he says   :yes:

John Milton 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Much better!

I care little to differentiate between people who personally want to get rid of "undesirables" and those who merely wish others would do that for them.

• Like 1

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Much better!

I care little to differentiate between people who personally want to get rid of "undesirables" and those who merely wish others would do that for them.

Agreed, the basket of deplorables are people too.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Much better!

Guys this is another post I hope everyone reads and absorbs...ruminate on it in  your own time and personal space  :geek:

It begs an important question we all should answer at one point or another if we want to have a candid debate about this election and our tacit or open support of someone like Trump ....that question is " why do I really  like Trump " ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Much better!

I never argued for the deportation of deplorables.

It begs an important question we all should answer at one point or another if we want to have a candid debate about this election and our tacit or open support of someone like Trump ....that question is " why do I really  like Trump " ?

Actually, i think that you like Trump quite a lot in a bad-boy kind of a way. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Actually, i think that you like Trump quite a lot in a bad-boy kind of a way. 

Can I be honest, do you want to know  the main reasons I dislike Trump?

John Milton 

[citation needed]

Booooring!

Much better!

What would you want to do with them without turning the situation into a violent one?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

He's a sexist pig idiot who's has a big mouth that would put most drunken uncles to shame and doesn't actually have a plan, just want you to rely on "I'm great so everything I do will be great!" while relying on people's insecurities to put him in the White House?

I can do one equally as bad for Hillary as well :)

Edited by redneckdevil

[citation needed]

Booooring!

I can definitely see the merit of the argument that a conservative movement which uses coded language to pander to bigots and socio-economic policies that just so happen to have a disproportionately negative impact on people of color would probably garner the support of the far-right and racist crowd, thus preventing them from becoming a force of their own. The problem is that this isn't as much stifling the rise of said movements as it is legitimizing them.

Much better!

What would you want to do with them without turning the situation into a violent one?

Make their opinions worthy of being ostracized in society. Assuming these deplorables chief concern is coloured people taking over or something like that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Install economic policies that actually help with their living situation? Poor rural white people have been shat on by both parties for a long time; no wonder they're growing angry and desperate. Give them someone else than racist buffoons who upholds their interests and whom they can see as a credible representative of themselves, and maybe their support for racist buffoons will dwindle.

• Like 3