The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

//Edit: I do believe that the "spiritual cooking" and the other degenerate stuff is real, embaressing and should be pushed as much as possible. These people are so bored at being at power that they engage in debauchery, breaking taboos so that i wouldn't be surprised that they are connected in child traficking and satanic larping.

You champion of art and freedom, you.

lulwut

lulwut would be the proper response to what you wrote.  I mean, it started off with the typical 'censor everything that is weird' argument, and then you connected it to kidnapping and satanism.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/11/04/clare-sebastian-russia-media-covering-united-states-presidential-election.cnn

This is how the Russian media is mostly covering the US election, very irritating  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

//Edit: I do believe that the "spiritual cooking" and the other degenerate stuff is real, embaressing and should be pushed as much as possible. These people are so bored at being at power that they engage in debauchery, breaking taboos so that i wouldn't be surprised that they are connected in child traficking and satanic larping.

lulwut

lulwut would be the proper response to what you wrote.  I mean, it started off with the typical 'censor everything that is weird' argument, and then you connected it to kidnapping and satanism.

Censor what?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How do the logistics work by the way? If, say 10 years later, Trumpian holocaust still hasn't come, have you been eating food by expiration date for several years? Do you keep an organized roll-in/roll-out of food every day? Every weekend you take out the food from storage that's closest to expiring, while buying food to replace that? Do you eat fresh food?

Well the freeze dried stuff lasts for years. You don't need to worry about that. The canned goods are more problematic. They are only good for a year or so. I keep my emergency stores in plastic bins. I'll buy a months worth and put it in one bin and store it. After 8 months I start using the items in that bin and when it's gone  fill it back up again and put it back on the shelf. It usually takes 6-7 weeks to empty a bin. I keep three bins so that's three months plus what I have on hand at any time and I can reliably produce a months worth of food from the garden and the river over 3-4 months time.

I learned how to preserve my own garden produce so the last bin on the shelf has a lot of that. I'd like to by a dehydrator and start preserving produce that way but I'm read mixed reviews on how well that works.

I would like to get of one those vacuum seal system for preserving dog food. I have two solar panel arrays that should produce enough power to run the the freezer during the day. I could easily build a DC auxiliary power system to help power the house at night and recharge during the day. I can produce my own food to an extent if needs be. Plus I'm absolutely armed to the teeth. If some SHTF situation were to actually happen I'm in a pretty good position. Dog food though. That is a problem still to be solved.

That's just me though. A lot of the folks I read about are stockpiling MREs which last much longer. But I figure I've eaten enough of those for one lifetime.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guys this election has been the most unprecedented, tumultuous and exciting election I have ever  seen....but I am really tired now and I just want it to end  :yes:

Im fatigued by  all the grandstanding, vitriol, populism , bigotry and general antics....no more please :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys this election has been the most unprecedented, tumultuous and exciting election I have ever  seen....but I am really tired now and I just want it to end  :yes:

Im fatigued by  all the grandstanding, vitriol, populism , bigotry and general antics....no more please :)

And just think, you're not even being bombarded with campaign ads like we are!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And just think, you're not even being bombarded with campaign ads like we are!

Thats a good point.....that would definitely exacerbate my tiredness 

John Milton 

GD you should get the dehydrator since being able to make jerky to your exact taste makes it worth the cost by itself

Unless you don't like jerky, in which case I'd say the man/gov't/pod people have already gotten to you

Bruce, try living here, we've been tired of this election for a while now

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Bruce, try living here, we've been tired of this election for a while now

I truly mean this when I say I can empathize...I have seen some of the  political  adverts and I think  " imagine seeing these all the time " 

Sometimes its like this  insane circus....well 2 more days and we can all start to return to our normal lifestyles 

John Milton 

GD you should get the dehydrator since being able to make jerky to your exact taste makes it worth the cost by itself

Unless you don't like jerky, in which case I'd say the man/gov't/pod people have already gotten to you

Fear not, I have the required red-blooded heterosexual male appreciation for salted cured ribmeat. But I use the smoker to make that. It's been a while though.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

As for the election, like I said two pages ago. Whatever happens I hope i is all wrapped up one way or the other by the time the polls close in Hawaii. No lawsuits, no recounts, no bitching. One outcome is as bad as the other so don't think you're saving the country by tearing it apart fighting over two scumbags who don't deserve the passions or acrimony they have inspired.

Thomas Sowell

lulwut

Censor what?

Putting accusations of censorship aside for a moment, I do find it kind of ironic that somebody who, in the yonder days of Gamergate, was among those screaming loudest about oppression when someone faced consequences for his choice of attire in a professional environment, is now baying for blood based on a private conversation about the kind of art somebody decides to consume.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

lulwut

Censor what?

Putting accusations of censorship aside for a moment, I do find it kind of ironic that somebody who, in the yonder days of Gamergate, was among those screaming loudest about oppression when someone faced consequences for his choice of attire in a professional environment, is now baying for blood based on a private conversation about the kind of art somebody decides to consume.

So it wasn't censorship? Just to be clear, I thought i made my point obvious about pushing, as pushing it to the open to show what kind of two-faced people we are dealing with in the political elite. Equality and feelgoods in the open, spirit cooking and admiring pedo-paintings in private.

But haha, oh man, you bear grudges like a woman if you're going to invoke something from two years ago (who wore what for when?) Stay salty, my friend.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pointing out that you have the intellectual consistency of an opiate-addled donkey is hardly equivalent to "bearing a grudge" ("like a woman", to boot, because without the subtly implied misogyny it just wouldn't have that special touch), but whatever helps you cope, bruh.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Pointing out that you have the intellectual consistency of an opiate-addled donkey is hardly equivalent to "bearing a grudge" ("like a woman", to boot, because without the subtly implied misogyny it just wouldn't have that special touch), but whatever helps you cope, bruh.

Sounds more like you are the one with coping-problems as you were the one to cast the first stone. Also, you still fail to lay out what exactly this inconsistency is and how it relates to juicy stories of goody-two-shoes being exposed as not as such, so i will leave it here.

...and here i thought that i couldn't be more obvious in baiting you to raise the misogyny-card and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker. For shame.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hey look, that was easy:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Excellent long dialogue on what the Russian government is trying to get out of mucking with U.S. elections.  Excerpt:

We had wrongly assumed that Russia’s confrontation with the West was about ideology. But it has always been about the threat that a Western system of governance, based on the rule of law and human values, posed to the Soviet and current Russian system, where the rule of law is subjected to the powers of the state. In the 1990s when Russia embraced democracy, the West ceased to be a threat. After the reactionary restoration of the 2000s, the West once again poses a threat.

I suppose the main difference between Russia and the Soviet Union is that the Soviet Union was trying to demonstrate that its system was different and better than the Western one, while Putin is trying to show that there is no difference between Russia and the West today. Russia doesn’t have a vision for the future; Russia doesn’t have an appealing ideology. All he needs to do is show the West as hypocritical, as cynical as Russia is—that we’re all the same. It’s sort of [a] lower denominator.

His aim is to discredit the U.S. election process. I don’t think he really thinks he can get Trump into power. I don’t think he particularly cares, frankly. In some ways, Hillary Clinton might be just as good, if not better [from Putin’s perspective], because Putin constantly needs a confrontation with somebody. If Hillary wins by a narrow margin and has a limited room for maneuver, Putin may be just as happy. So at the moment, he is confronting the whole American election system. The dirtier the election, the messier it is, the better.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3

Also, you still fail to lay out what exactly this inconsistency is and how it relates to juicy stories of goody-two-shoes being exposed as not as such, so i will leave it here.

You see no inconsistency between going from whining endlessly about how "the ebul feminists want to curb ARTISTIC FREEDOM to draw boobies in video games and call us bad names because we like boobs" to whining endlessly about "the ebul politicians talk about consuming ART THAT I DON'T LIKE in private emails and are therefore probably child sex traffickers or something"?

...and here i thought that i couldn't be more obvious in baiting you to raise the misogyny-card and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker. For shame.

"I masterfully baited you to call out my misogyny by behaving in a misogynistic manner! Look at me, such a masterful manipulator I am", he yelled happily.

• Like 1

Also, you still fail to lay out what exactly this inconsistency is and how it relates to juicy stories of goody-two-shoes being exposed as not as such, so i will leave it here.

You see no inconsistency between going from whining endlessly about how "the ebul feminists want to curb ARTISTIC FREEDOM to draw boobies in video games and call us bad names because we like boobs" to whining endlessly about "the ebul politicians talk about consuming ART THAT I DON'T LIKE in private emails and are therefore probably child sex traffickers or something"?

"I masterfully baited you to call out my misogyny by behaving in a misogynistic manner! Look at me, such a masterful manipulator I am", he yelled happily.

Ah, so there is no difference between fighting back for artists to be allowed to draw boobs as they wish with the political apperatus claiming to be goody-two-shoes acquiring satanic imagery involving children and other questionable content. Funjugs are the same pederasty, got it.

And we all know that joking about women is inheritly misogynic, thanks for proving my point that no fun allowed, once again.  

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy