The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

If I am going to labour under self delusion, my intention on a forum post is pretty far down the list of TODOs. As of now it is that I really enjoy meetings.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If I am going to labour under self delusion, my intention on a forum post is pretty far down the list of TODOs. As of now it is that I really enjoy meetings.

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Has he outlined the vetting? I am hoping it involves questions cross referenced and an eyeball camera.

He's going to ask them questions about their various believes. Cross checked against their facebook posts I guess.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

New email leaks out, just released. This one jumped out at me thusfar.

Putting moles in Bernie's camp is one thing. I mean ok, strategically there's a motivation for it even if it's considered foul play. If she's determined to win, she'd do it....but doing the same to Joe Biden long before he even makes a serious attempt for President...? That's uhhh...not exactly encouraging. That's crazy levels of controlling.

EDIT: Would love to know why these people hold such disdain for Bernie's camp and supporters. What could any of them have possibly done to warrant the constant snide remarks and the like? I really can't grasp why these people would be so heated and hateful towards someone else amongst their party.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This election gets better every leak and debate.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Because anyone who tries to deny the queen's right to the throne is a traitor.

Speaking of which, remember Nina Turner? The Ohio Senator and Sanders supporter that was ejected from the DNC with zero explanation?

Didn't know this, but turns out she used to be on the Correct the Record Board of Directors and used to be a Clinton supporter. She walks out, supports Sanders, fast forward to the DNC and she's ejected with zero explanation.

How ****ing disgusting and sickening is it to consider Nina Turner may have been kicked not for some politically strategic purpose, not because she posed a threat or potential to cause a problem, but because some egomaniac couldn't handle having to share the same room with someone that dared disagree with them?

I do want to clarify that that above motivation (Nina being ejected for petty, personal reasons) IS speculation on my part and by no means confirmed, but given what we've seen, it's sadly inside the realm of possibility, and man it's pretty disgusting to think about if that is the motivation for kicking her out. I'd much rather prefer a politically strategic reason for kicking her out rather than "I'm a petulant child and I'm running for President of the United States." Here's to hoping that's not the case.

Edit:  Oh my gooooooood~, I don't consider these the most damning since all they do is confirm what we initially suspected (would rather know if there's any new controversies to be concerned about), but something about reading them is particularly painful and somehow exhausting. It really is a "bend the knee" sort of mentality going on in the democratic party.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Has he outlined the vetting? I am hoping it involves questions cross referenced and an eyeball camera.
He's going to ask them questions about their various believes. Cross checked against their facebook posts I guess.

Man, don't envy the civil servant with that job.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Putting moles in Bernie's camp is one thing. I mean ok, strategically there's a motivation for it even if it's considered foul play. If she's determined to win, she'd do it....but doing the same to Joe Biden long before he even makes a serious attempt for President...? That's uhhh...not exactly encouraging. That's crazy levels of controlling.

EDIT: Would love to know why these people hold such disdain for Bernie's camp and supporters. What could any of them have possibly done to warrant the constant snide remarks and the like? I really can't grasp why these people would be so heated and hateful towards someone else amongst their party.

Politics is like war. Also, ever listen or read stuff by Sanders zealots? Party loyalty isn't much to count on, least of all during a primary.

Nothing in the latest batch surprises me. Team Hillary behaving like a den of wanna-be queen bees.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Politics is like war. Also, ever listen or read stuff by Sanders zealots? Party loyalty isn't much to count on, least of all during a primary.

From a pragmatic standpoint, I understand it. However, this is my issue with it:

One, the link you quoted, they clearly have some personal hostilities towards Bernie supporters. Those are private ("private," now) emails and they still speak poorly of them. I'm sure you can find zealot idiots supporting Sanders, as you can with any candidate, but letting those zealots color your views of the entire group...? That's on you. Either these people are all willfully clinging to those fringe zealots and claiming those represent the average supporter and thus Sanders supporters deserve no respect, or the Clinton campaign's higher-ups are purposefully introducing only the most ridiculous Sanders supporters to the lower-downs in order to cultivate such views, which again is pretty warped. Either you have petty children or you have the same sort of narrative spinning that the mainstream media has now.

Two, look at the link regarding Tulsi Gabbard. In a way I get it. "It's war," they're being pragmatic. They're doing what needs to be done to get the desired result, right? Here's the problem. Let's assume the two guys in question genuinely believe Clinton is the best candidate for the job. Good for them. Let's also take them at their word that they like Tulsi. I have a very difficult time believing that Tulsi supporting Sanders is enough to shatter their positive view of her entirely. The purpose of any job is to provide a service to the best of your ability. In politics, it's finding the best candidate. If you're letting your desire to see a candidate in one race make you retract support of a deserving candidate in another, well there's your problem: you've just opened a floodgate to invite in a terrible candidate in Tulsi's race. Ideally, one should simply follow their heart in terms of candidates, not feel like they must succumb to pressure. I realize that's all rather idealistic and that of course this doesn't always happen, but it's also true. I mean on a seperate note, the method itself is rather hostile. May sound dumb or ****ty but, why not bribe Tulsi instead? Why not offer additional support in exchange for her supporting Clinton? Yes yes now Tulsi's job performance judgement is colored, but my point is that they opted for a threat rather than positive reinforcement, and that alongside some of the other evidence...? It paints a rather hostile "bend the knee" attitude amongst the Clinton campaign.

To some extent, I do think this kind of stuff happens amongst other politicians. Universally? Nah, I actually like to believe humans are good by default and want to feel like they're doing good, so I'd imagine this doesn't happen as often as some cynics may think. But does it happen? Undoubtedly, because it's pragmatic and gets results. All the same, that doesn't change how jesus christ it's downright unsettling to see that this type of attitude seems to repeat itself over and over and over when the Clinton campaign is involved. I think that speaks volumes about the person running and their preferred method of dealing with issues...

EDIT: Wikileaks just dropped another email batch. Isn't that two in one day wtf?

Edited by Longknife

Eh, you can burn a bridge from both sides, with respect to Gabbard. And those two guys may have seen that as counterproductive to the attempt at unity after a bitter primary. They own their principles on something.

Also, doing good and all that other nonsense first requires you win the election. Nothing unsettling about any of this, I am somewhat surprised by some people's reactions (then again these are the same that think the NSA shouldn't spy on current allies :p )

Eh, you can burn a bridge from both sides, with respect to Gabbard. And those two guys may have seen that as counterproductive to the attempt at unity after a bitter primary. They own their principles on something.

She burns a bridge by voicing her opinion...? No, I don't think that's an act of hostility. I think that's your right in a democracy. And it wasn't "attempt at unity after a bitter primary," it was in February. This was when the race was just beginning.

Whoops, my mistake, missed the date and thought it was on her role at the convention. This bit doesn't flow well though so removed it. :p

Had to laugh at a leak of a comment to punch Karzai in the face. Interesting how these read to different people given the relatively sterility of text. The bone to Sanders supporters is one.

Edited by Malcador

Now there's a 5th batch of emails. 673 this time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I can't wait for someone to misunderstand the context of this one and become too furious to calm down and read it again. Not gonna lie, I did a double-take while reading the first line. That would've been almost TOO blatant, like the entire thing was some bad, incredibly thorough (and late) April Fool's prank.

Anyone who would be outraged over that has never worked a CS job in their life. :lol:

I can't wait for someone to misunderstand the context of this one and become too furious to calm down and read it again. Not gonna lie, I did a double-take while reading the first line. That would've been almost TOO blatant, like the entire thing was some bad, incredibly thorough (and late) April Fool's prank.

You not seriously expecting everyone to automatically believe what wikileaks posts or makes available? Why would anyone believe what Assange says when he has a real agenda to undermine the USA.....other people can automatically believe what wikileaks says but I questions the veracity and context of almost everything they say

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hillary is totally finished now.

She is? What you talkin' bout'? Is there something I'm missing?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You not seriously expecting everyone to automatically believe what wikileaks posts or makes available? Why would anyone believe what Assange says when he has a real agenda to undermine the USA.....other people can automatically believe what wikileaks says but I questions the veracity and context of almost everything they say

Here Bruce, humor me: why should anyone believe a word Clinton says?

Also just as a general post directed towards everyone, which emails are more interesting: the ones with actual damning evidence inside regarding things we've largely already suspected as true, or the ones that let your imagination fill in the blanks?

Seems like usual dealings for politics though.

Also using your imagination to fill in blanks is a ticket to places outside reality half the time.

Edited by Malcador

People should believe Hillary because Trump wants to grab your cat and hates tacos. At least that seems to be the media take on it.

Hillary is totally finished now.

She is? What you talkin' bout'? Is there something I'm missing?

She's totally finished, writing emails on an insecure server. 

Kind of amusing how similar politicians are to ten year olds. John Kerry stamping his foot and never, ever wanting to talk to Sergei ever, ever again because he's horrible and he hates him (let's have a meeting at the weekend, Sergei, we'll even leave out those nasty Limeys and Frogs), the level of casual bitchiness in pretty much all the emails (distinct honourable mention to Powell though), the attempts to infiltrate other groups' play castles and learn their secrets, holding grudges and getting upset at people not sharing their toys.