The Funny Things Thread

Rosbjerg

HolyGrail003.jpg

This might be more accurate for the before picture.

Alternatively, you can replace the Euopean men now image with someone from Hello! magazine or something.

It's a joke son... you missed it! The US one was funny too but it won't let me link that extension type

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think the original image was from the bring back our girls thing but it could just be the first time I saw it

Yeah, I saw the original pretty recently.

She isn't really holding that up, it was photoshopped.  But the joke is that the new first lady is not from the US, which is humorous given Trump's immigration stance.

The joke loses humor when I explain it.   :p

I imagine he only became president because the frosty relations with Russia was making it harder for him to find new wives.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Here's my draft working conjecture:

Trump is putting together a live action television series, to be filmed before a studio audience at the White House. He's selecting cabinet members on the basis of their potential for contentious drama; all the better to keep the country's attention riveted to each episode. Existing White House offices will be knocked out and refurbished in order to accommodate audience seating. It will be aired exclusively on the Trump International Television channel, and will be called: White House Rocking. The first season begins January 21. Sign up for a chance to win tickets.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I think the original image was from the bring back our girls thing but it could just be the first time I saw it

Bill Burr had a good piece about it. 

https://youtu.be/7ObhB750-B4?t=1m58s

I had the same thought then I remembered that politicians have no souls and liberals have no brains, only hearts.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif