Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

Didn't know or detect that the singer is a woman.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sadly this excuse does not work for creating bugs.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Where once was light,
            Now darkness falls.
            Where once was love,
            Love is no more.

Don't say goodbye,
            Don't say I didn't try.

These tears we cry,
            Are falling rain,
            For all the lies you told us,
            The hurt, the blame.

And we will weep,
            To be so alone,
            We are lost,
            We can never go home.

So in the end,
            I will be what I will be.
            No loyal friend,
            Was ever there for me.

Now we say goodbye,
            We say you didn't try.

These tears you cry,
            Have come too late.
            Take back the lies,
            The hurt, the blame.

And you will weep,
            When you face the end alone,
            You are lost,
            You can never go home.

You are lost,
            You can never go home.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

most o' the super bowl ads sucked this year, but gotta love s'more nina simone.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Another musical masterpiece by Neil Cicierega.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Another musical masterpiece by Neil Cicierega.

That's a pretty cool mashup. I heard this earlier last month:

Was intrigued by the following quote from an RYM review:

I know, I know, the whole "mash the vocals from Y.M.C.A. up with the most somber backing music imaginable" conceit is meant as a joke (Neil Cicierega has stated repeatedly in interviews that none of his mashups are intended as social commentary), but god damn if the song T.I.M.E. isn't one of the most unexpected emotional gut-punches I've gotten in a while. Maybe it's because it comes in the wake of some of the worst election results for non-straight people since the Reagan era, or maybe it's because the bleak tone of it is such a jarring musical left turn in context, but the way the histrionic, oversung vocals of Y.M.C.A. contrast with Hans Zimmer's typically bombastic soundtrack music makes it sound like the most desperate, defeated thing in the world.
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Hm. I didn't really get "desperate" or "defeated" out of it...at least, not by the end of it. Yeah, you kind of get that feeling in the first half, but by the end, it starts to really pick itself up and sound the opposite to me.

• Like 1

So they're remaking Dune, but can they trump Toto?

we liked toto, but while it may be sacrilege, am gonna suggest the syfy miniseries music already trumped the original movie insofar as music is concerned.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66060-update-76-music-in-pillars-of-eternity/?p=1441916

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So they're remaking Dune, but can they trump Toto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAGqcTCj0dY

Well, considering the original project had Magma working on the soundtrack, they could have done a lot better back then already.

Jóhann Jóhannsson's been doing some great work with Villeneuve of late too.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

Sicario has a pretty great soundtrack too.

I wonder what he has planned for Blade Runner. Vangelis is a tough act to follow.

Indeed. Both films are as of right now my favorites of the last two years.

And yes, Vangelis will be tough to match up to. But I think he'll do fine all the same.

Edited by algroth

I get to post a song that I had forgotten I liked and save the music thread from sliding into the second page.

Win Win

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif