What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Would only return to WoW in order to raid. No time to raid ergo no time to WoW. Still miss raiding, especially the Lich King and the one right after that, but it wasn't a hobby. It was an occupation.

There's casual raiding guilds, you know? With flex mode it's easy to just have a team of 10 core raiders and have like 20 people who join whenever they want. I mean, you might not do great but it's there.

Yeah, it's great because I can take lengthy hiatuses these days and not have to wonder whether everything will collapse while I'm gone. I play less than half the amount I used to at WoW's peak but having had taken breaks of 1 year (second half of WoD) and 2.5 years (the end of Cataclysm and the entirety of Pandas) I can resubscribe anytime and the core of my old guild - one I had co-founded back in 2007 - will still be there.

Good to know. Also, that's my experience. I stopped after completing about half of the raids in... firelands? Something like that. I haven't played since.

You lads are a bad influence. I swore off WoW and now I'm tempted to try my hand at healing again. Druid healing is probably all weird now.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

I've played resto druid for maybe 30-40% of my time in WoW. Haven't healed at all in Legion, but looking at the current list of abilities now as compared to WoD, not a lot has changed since then.

General play is to roll Lifebloom (doesn't stack anymore) on the tank, liberally apply Rejuvenation on anyone for general damage (which can be stacked twice if necessary) and keep a healing circle (I forget the name) under either the tanks or the melee pile. Spot heal with Regrowth, and use Wild Growth for periods of heavy AoE damage. Nature's Swiftness is gone but Swiftmend fulfils its role as it no longer requires an active HoT on the target. Tranquility still works as it always has.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Maybe Dark Souls difficulty is a tad overblown? I know I'm in the beginning area (Undead Burg) but so far its more a matter of paying attention as opposed to getting my face ground in the dust.

I saved up and bought a repairbox. Seems useful. I don't know how to target with a crossbow so I'm having trouble dealing with bomb spamming skeletons.

I mean, I wouldn't say its easy - but Devil May Cry 3 PS2 version would make you cry from the second level onward if you couldn't play like you had a neural link with the Dual Shock 2.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Heh, I played Dark Souls some time after finally playing trough Devil May Cry 3 on very hard mode or something like that and my thoughts were "Huh. Well this isn't so bad, is it?" I think it's difficult for people entering it from RPG/aRPG genre, but anyone playing 3rd person hack'n'slash games in the past should have no issues IMO.

I don't think the PS2 version even has a very hard mode - nah, it's the Special Edition released for PC.

Edit: Anyway, now thinking about it, I suppose Dark Souls would be difficult for people without patience. But if you just take your time while playing it and properly observe your opponents and environments, it's fine.

Edited by Fenixp

Devil May Cry 3 PS2 version would make you cry from the second level onward if you couldn't play like you had a neural link with the Dual Shock 2.

so true :lol: that's exactly the point in the game I stopped playing, I got to the final boss of the second level, beat it after 8 or so attempts and that was enough for me

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The PS2 version was impossible on the default difficulty. Hell it was finger breaking on "easy" which just lowered enemy and boss hp by 10%. They toned it down significantly for the PC release.

Its possibly the only game that I ever quit because the difficulty simply made it tiresome to play. Not having a habit of playing fighting games with a pad didn't help either.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Devil May Cry 3 PS2 version would make you cry from the second level onward if you couldn't play like you had a neural link with the Dual Shock 2.

so true :lol: that's exactly the point in the game I stopped playing, I got to the final boss of the second level, beat it after 8 or so attempts and that was enough for me

I got to some worm boss (second one?) or something and said **** this I got places to be.

The PS2 version was impossible on the default difficulty. Hell it was finger breaking on "easy" which just lowered enemy and boss hp by 10%. They toned it down significantly for the PC release.

Wow. And I thought that game was far too difficult for its own good (until I mastered it, but ... Well, let's just say I have put an embarrassing amount of time into it). Hmm, now I'm tempted to try and emulate the PS2 version...

Try googling the difficulty settings, seeing as how you beat it at very hard its quite possible that you played at or even above the default level of the PS2 version.

Maybe Dark Souls difficulty is a tad overblown? I know I'm in the beginning area (Undead Burg) but so far its more a matter of paying attention as opposed to getting my face ground in the dust.

Have you even killed a single boss?

Aside from the tutorial one.

The beginning of Dark Souls is easy, because you get familiar enemies. In the Asylum you get "human" opponents with sticks and knives, big, slow animations. Then come the undead with swords and lances and shields.
Later? Later you get poison farting monsters, toxicity inducing Teemos while on a very tall construction with narrow paths, all kinds of overpowered skeletons (and the manageabe ones love to double-team you), and just all kinds of nasties whose combat style - and the effective method with which you can defend yourself - aren't as intuitive or easy to execute. And mistakes are punished much more severely.

The third or fourth boss for example fights you in a tiny back alley, with two dogs to break your defense so he can two-shot you.

So it doesn't start piling on your right away. Ok.

I'm feeling the pain with the first knight in the tunnel. He has really fast recovery.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I'd try Dark Souls if it had a quicksave.

I'd just stick to Blade of Darkness which did have a normal save function (it just called you a **** if you saved too much).

Then again I did play Oni where in an early level you had to replay half an hour each time if you made a mistake during a platform section and dropped into acid.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Have you even killed a single boss?

Aside from the tutorial one.

All of them, actually.

One took me like 7 tries (Bell Gargoyles, specifically) but all of the others I managed to beat in like 2-3. Not saying Dark Souls is an easy game, but when looked at all games I played specifically for challenge, it's certainly on the easy side.

Edit: Yes, I got to Arthorias way over-levelled.

Edited by Fenixp

Can you get BoD on GOG or something. Does it work with a modern controller. 

I don't think it's sold by any store. I'm waiting for a GoG release of it, that will ensure compatibility with modern software.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Taurus demon flopped to cheese, he never attacks while you're on a ladder climbing to battlements so its possible to just jump on his head and stab 'im dead.

Then I got burned by a dragon.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Restarted my merc group in Mordheim, City of the Damned. I messed up my skills for my main guy and rethought fireball. The idea is good, but I think lightning is more useful for direct damage. Curse of Rust will probably be a must later for heavily armoured mooks. Notice that I've got one crushing victory and I don't understand why. Seems that I've won a lot of battles with the optional victory conditions, so that doesn't mean a crushing victory. Does anyone know what the difference is? I like the impressive, but he's just not as versatile as the Sisters' one. Simply must take a break from this game for a while soon. It's getting to be the time sink I complained about WoW being.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

I'd try Dark Souls if it had a quicksave.

Game allows saving almost anytime outside of combat so you can simply use a save manager mod.

Many console players would reboot at the last second to avoid save overwrite and progress loss.

How far you can get without grinding is another matter.