Hey guys/gals,

Patch 3.03 is now live. A full change list will be released shortly. Thanks to everyone who participated in the Beta and wrote up bugs, it really helped us out a lot. 

Love you nerds (well.. maybe not 'love', but at least 'like, like') 

- Sking

• Like 25

Good, good ... the time is ripe for another play through.

... and I'm already savoring MCA's novella :dancing:

However, Sking, you were rather vague about whether this would be the last patch for this game ... so ... is it the last? :-

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Can i ask will this be the last Patch ? x)

Edited by Glurak
  • Like 1

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

Hey guys/gals,

Patch 3.03 is now live. A full change list will be released shortly. Thanks to everyone who participated in the Beta and wrote up bugs, it really helped us out a lot. 

Love you nerds (well.. maybe not 'love', but at least 'like, like') 

- Sking

Would you say that you're in lesbians with us?

No seriously though thank you. :D

Much to my dismay, the bug that prevents Lavender Wreath from working in conjunction with Binding Rope was not fixed; nor was the bug preventing the Glittering Gauntlets from working with a Monk's unarmed attacks. Looks like my Uber Disabler Monk build can be put to rest. :(

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That's what I like about PoE, the game is always updated. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

@Sking I imagine there might be more, smaller, fixes in the future, but can this be considered the final patch for PoE in terms of gameplay / balance changes? I've been waiting with my second playthrough for the "final" version of the game ;)

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Yes, but now the patch is here, what are we going to complain about? Thanks devs! Now we gotta find other entertainment :)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but it looks like the Confident Aim bug (extra damage upon loading) is still present and accounted for. Ah well, guess it's impossible to fix everything :/

Edited by Beorn

Which bug?

EDIT: Nvm, saw the thread in the bugs section.

Edited by AndreaColombo

If your fighter has the Confident Aim ability, loading a save will significantly raise the amount of damage he / she can deal out. For example, my level 3 fighter should do 17 - 24 damage with his great sword. Having saved and loaded the game shortly after taking Confident Aim, he now deals damage anywhere in the region of 30 - 45 per hit. It seems to be a non-stacking load bug that was introduced in the 3.2 patch, and it hasn't been fixed yet sadly :/

Edited by Beorn

I've posted a thread about the Confident Aim bug in general discussion, I'm really not happy about it.

Thanks Obsidian for wasting around 45 hours of my time playing a solo PotD Fighter by not acknowledging bug reports made in your beta patch, really it's first rate customer service.

Isn't that the entire point of beta patching? Why jerk us around for a whole month when you've just ignored important bugs in the beta in the first place?

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1