Summoned henchmen prompting location close with the new patch

Sylverlock

Question

In the short time I've played with the new patch, both times a henchman was summoned, both times I was offered to close the location. This should NOT be the case. 

The times this happened were once at the Guard Tower where if you start a turn you summon a Bandit, and the other time was due Skeleton Horde barrier that summons an Ancient Skeleton to each character at an open location.

This bug is pretty major and might require a rather quick hot-fix since summoning henchmen is a rather common occurrence.

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Oh, I should have mentioned. I was in quest mode. Character level 16 (team of 2) if that matters. I'm pretty sure it happened in one game and I wasn't paying a lot of attention but after it happened I thought something was weird. Then I played another and it happened at two locations in a row. The guard tower location is the easiest way to duplicate this since it summons a henchman at the beginning of every turn.

One more possible complication that I just thought of, I had the random condition where when you defeat a henchman and on a d6 roll of 1-3 you discard a card from the blessings deck. Don't know if this affects that situation or not.

• Like 1

For the record, this bug was reported by multiple users BEFORE 1.0.3.1. So, whatever the cause, it probably doesn't lie with the hotfix.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

The same thing with me. After the recent patch in quest mode it happens all the time and before the patch I didn't encounter this feature (I think). It doesn't in story mode, I think, but maybe I finished the story mode before the recent patch. In short, I started experiencing this problem during the past week, but I don't know which patch could've caused it. Now I have the latest and the problem is still there. Well, not exactly so much of a problem  :grin: , I like to exploit it sometimes when things go really bad. But then it shouldn't be this way, right? Henchmen that come from barriers and henchmen that you have to encounter at the beginning of your turn - they all allow you to close your location when they shouldn't.

I can send you guys PFID but what is it and where can I find it?

It looks like I am running into the same issue in quest mode - it seems to do with the "roll 1d6, discard a blessing" scenario power.

I had the issue happen with Goblin Raid and Skeleton Horde, those summons prompted a close with at the last location it got defeated at.

Edited by zeroth_hour

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

Yes, I just wanted to report that this bug didn't happen last time I played in quest mode, even with "roll 1d6, discard a blessing" scenario power. So I can't say for now why it occurs sometimes, and at other times everything works normally.

Edited by magniTT

This happened to me today on patch 1.1.4.3 in Story Mode

Scenario was 4.4 (with the two Lamia) and the Henchman was an Ancient Skeleton from a Barrier (skeleton horde? everyone at an open location encountered it) I can't remember who encountered the Barrier, but it was most likely Kyra or Seelah and I can't remember the location (probably Desecrated Vault or Deeper Dungeons). It doesn't happen with every summoned Henchman as this is the first time that I've noticed it (probably).

Edited by mccrispy