The Funny Things Thread

Gorth

Little disappointed they left out Bruce Versus the Volcano.

were that a funny on bruce? 

'course the ultimate horror journey/destination o' any tom hanks film were clear overlooked

Sleepless_in_seattle.jpg

*shudder*

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You know Tom Hanks lawyers are probably quite litigious when it comes to libel.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

But Tom Hanks once refunded a couple the money for their cinema tickets when he ran into them at a petrol station and overheard them complaining about a film they went to watch because he was in it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

14011046.jpg

Is that a beer bottle that i see? What a hipster! Real vatniks drink homebrew vodka made out of potatoes. Decline of Russia :( 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ive always wondered why Adidas is such a big hit with the Russians. What gives?

most russians we deal with dress like the guy on the left even if they is all trying a bit too hard to channel alex kovas from rocknrolla

am pretty sure the russian track suit thing died out in the 90s save for with the street punk/gangsta crowd.  even so, is our understanding that when the wall fell and russians sudden had access to western goods, buying stuff with recognizable labels became an instant measure o' status.  unfortunate, most russians at the time didn't have much cash.  addidas track suits were cheap but also instant recognizable as brand name.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps am admitting we ain't been back to russia for many years, but such is the explanation we got from russian 'business' folks we deal with.  

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

To help people laugh, I can remember going with the family to Russia back around. oh, '91-93ish somewhen. The folks left the cruise ship to spend a day in Odessa and later Yalta.. and because of the time, most of us went out in nike trainers and shell suits.  Definitely stood out to the locals as capitalist westerners....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ive always wondered why Adidas is such a big hit with the Russians. What gives?

most russians we deal with dress like the guy on the left even if they is all trying a bit too hard to channel alex kovas from rocknrolla

They're all trying to be furries?

https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Alex_Kovas

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif