Nom Nom Nom - The Food Thread

Keyrock

Loaded salad with romaine, radicchio, endive, carrots, red onions, cucumbers, bacon, peppered turkey breast, and provolone.  Sadly, I had no capers on hand (I have failed as a human being).

l9OrwBa.jpg

Also, I need to get a better salad bowl.  :lol:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had a delicious rack of BBQ ribs last night.

Overcooked mine so it turned out meh. Did find that cauliflower and mashed potatoes mixed up works well, though.

Am disappointed the sourdough bread I got is soft on inside but has an armoured shell of a crust. Need floss :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Panini, perfect when you want a sandwich but hate the roof of your mouth

That's also me when I make pizza.  I know it just came out of the oven, I can see the cheese bubbling, I know it will burn my mouth and I should wait, but I can't help myself.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had a panini for dinner the other day and realized that I don't like paninis

Panini, perfect when you want a sandwich but hate the roof of your mouth 

Yeah I have also had that, I think certain ingredients can do that to the bread...its annoying and I have to use my finger

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think he meant the razor-like crust ... although I have used a finger to massage bleeding flesh after a panini.

I have concerns about where you guys are putting these paninis.

This would have been an awkward time for your spell checker to malfunction.  :devil:

• Like 3

Speaking of paninis, we just ate at a place called Stripburger. I had a decent cheeseburger, but my wife had one of the better veggie burgers ever. It was quinoa with veggies and spices, and it clearly wasn't a frozen patty.

We had them with adult milkshakes. I had peanut butter, chocolate, and vanilla vidka in mine. Excellent.

I think he meant the razor-like crust ... although I have used a finger to massage bleeding flesh after a panini.

I have concerns about where you guys are putting these paninis.

This would have been an awkward time for your spell checker to malfunction.  :devil:

Marginally related story:  I was a little late getting dinner ready on Saturday, and snacking on some honey roasted peanuts.  My son, now 2, seemed interested, so I offered him one.  (Watching closely to make sure he chewed it, rather than trying to swallow it whole.)  We played a bit, but a few minutes later he migrated back to the kitchen, pointed at the cabinet where I put the nuts away, saying "More this!"  I got out the jar, showed it to him and said "You want more of these?  They're called peanuts." 

And that's how my son discovered how to make his parents laugh a lot by yelling "More *****!" 

On-topic:  I had brisket pho for lunch. 

• Like 4

I have doritos and cranberry juice for dinner

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have doritos and cranberry juice for dinner

That's bold, departing from the classic Doritos and Mountain Dew combo.  This man is a rebel.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Cheese and onion omelette.  I am a terrible omelette flipper, so I have to use the technique where I slide the omelette off the pan onto a plate, flip the pan over and put it over the plate, then flip both together to get the omelette flipped in the pan.  If I try to flip it with a flick of the wrist I'll have a floor omelette and if I try to flip it with a spatula I will have a scrambled omelette.  :p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's definitely not genetic.  My dad is the master flipper.  He just flicks his wrist, the pan contents go up into the air then land perfectly back in the pan upside down.  Like most things, it probably comes down to practice, but practice would mean eating a lot of floor omelettes, so I'll pass.  :lol:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got back to basics today.  Slow cooked peppered pork tenderloin and boiled potatoes.  Simple and delicious.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I had some baby back ribs and a bacon double cheeseburger and a food coma 

That sounds like a delicious food coma  :brows:

As for me, I'm having a chopped salad with bacon and chipotle ranch dressing.  This dressing's got some nice zip to it.  One of the refreshing things about moving down south is that when I get something labeled as hot or spicy it's actually spicy.  Up in Connecticut when I would get something labeled as hot or spicy 95% of the time it would be weaksauce.  

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Jimmy Johns is selling $1 subs today and there's a Jimmy Johns about a 10 minute drive down the road from me.  :dancing:

Edit:  I gotta hand it to them, they live up to their motto "freaky fast subs".  I was only planning on getting one, since it was one per customer, though you could get another $1 sub if you wait in line again.  The line stretched out of the door, down the sidewalk of the small plaza (Jimmy Johns was a centrally located building), and around the corner.  I figured it would be a 25 minute wait or so, judging by the length of the line.  It wound up being less than 10 minutes and when I got out the line was slightly shorter, so I just got right back in line and got another $1 sub.   :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I had some baby back ribs and a bacon double cheeseburger and a food coma 

PS I made my own pickles a while back and they turned out delicious

Damn that sounds delicious....

What type of pickles did you use and how did you make them if you dont mind sharing

We tend to pickle a lot...not so much me but my family 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Simple food today. Salmon cooked in cream with onions, garlic, bellpepper, zucchini and carrots. Put this spicemixture for fish that I bought at the local fish store. Served with pasta and additional salad. Delicious and simple to make. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0