Am I smart

Longknife

Your answers will determine if I run for president or run for cashier of the local grocery store.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Are you? I don't know. What I do know is that it's time to dispel once and for all with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country, to make America more like the rest of the world. That's why he passed Obamacare and the stimulus and Dodd-Frank and the deal with Iran. It is a systematic effort to change America.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Retail sucks and doesn't pay well.

Get a job in a restaurant, serving or bartending, you'll make more than double the money even at a bad gig. If you insist on retail, at least work at a place when you're apt to learn something (ie: Auto parts store, liquor store, some other specialized good store where knowledge is required to be good at what you do), a grocery store isn't that place.

Of course, if there are other higher paying jobs in the area, go for them.

Again, retail sucks, and pays ****.

Edited by Valsuelm

Only if you know how open a tar file without using man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Are you? I don't know. What I do know is that it's time to dispel once and for all with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country, to make America more like the rest of the world. That's why he passed Obamacare and the stimulus and Dodd-Frank and the deal with Iran. It is a systematic effort to change America.

No one who ever got to the White House was dumb. Though some were certainly smarter than others, every single President we've ever had has had above average intelligence.

Only idiots of average intelligence or less call President X dumb.

I would trust you to ring up my groceries.  

Most of the grocers in my neck of the woods seem to pay a pretty good wage with benefits.  It would seem to be one of the better retail jobs out there, given that I've had the same cashiers at these places for over a decade, they have families, they seem happy to be at work, etc.

Being President sounds miserable.

Your answers will determine if I run for president or run for cashier of the local grocery store.

Hard day ended by few drinks mate? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I wish. :D

To be honest I just got lost in thought thinking about how EVERYONE likes to imagine themselves as smart, how the world has more than a handful of stupid people who are blissfully unaware of their own intelligence, I honestly struggle to name people I know who will admit to their own modest intelligence, and then I caught myself questioning "how does one know if they're smart?" I mean I've been called smart by friends, family, acquaintances, employers, teachers, professors, but surely that's everyone right? You do something right, go about something the correct way or give a correct answer and the go-to compliment as a sign of appreciation is "you're smart," so it's really rather meaningless.

So then I thought "sadly not as simple as just asking people, OR IS IT" and joked about how hilariously stupid it sounds to ask people that question, and decided it sounds even more hilarious if it's asked to a group of strangers. On the interbutts. Laughed pretty hard to myself at the idea, debated posting this or not so as to spare you guys from such a stupid thread, then decided to do it just cause I wanted to see what on earth people would respond with as it sounded like a hilariously awkward topic. I must say the responses didn't disappoint.

Wish I could use alcohol as an excuse, sadly I just act like this even without something screwing with my head. :D

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Everybody is smart.  We all have moments or tasks where we excel.  No need to overthink it.  It would be a pretty boring world if we all had a set level and we couldn't ever raise it, or lower it, I suppose.  I know my hockey level has dipped a bit over the years.   :p

Everybody is smart.

After 6 years working in my industry...

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wish. :D

To be honest I just got lost in thought thinking about how EVERYONE likes to imagine themselves as smart, how the world has more than a handful of stupid people who are blissfully unaware of their own intelligence, I honestly struggle to name people I know who will admit to their own modest intelligence, and then I caught myself questioning "how does one know if they're smart?" I mean I've been called smart by friends, family, acquaintances, employers, teachers, professors, but surely that's everyone right? You do something right, go about something the correct way or give a correct answer and the go-to compliment as a sign of appreciation is "you're smart," so it's really rather meaningless.

So then I thought "sadly not as simple as just asking people, OR IS IT" and joked about how hilariously stupid it sounds to ask people that question, and decided it sounds even more hilarious if it's asked to a group of strangers. On the interbutts. Laughed pretty hard to myself at the idea, debated posting this or not so as to spare you guys from such a stupid thread, then decided to do it just cause I wanted to see what on earth people would respond with as it sounded like a hilariously awkward topic. I must say the responses didn't disappoint.

Wish I could use alcohol as an excuse, sadly I just act like this even without something screwing with my head. :D

Intelligence is many things, one of them is a relative thing. 'Smart' usually refers to it in a relative manner. i.e.: In some rooms Kim Kardasian is no doubt the smartest person in the room, moron that she is when compared to the society at large, and a testament to just how even more moronic many are that she's as popular as she is for what she does.

The average IQ is 100. That's enough to function in society in most respects, more than enough to post on forums, but it is not smart, especially when compared to the population as a whole (alas).

I'll wager a bundle that you are at least a 110 (meaning you're smarter than at least 75% of the people out there), just for asking yourself that question in the manner you did. Note: Being smarter than most can be a very frustrating venture if you have any scruples, or a boon if you're evil and have none.

If you went to public school, you very probably took a sanctioned I.Q. test at at least one point (most private schools also administer them at some point(s)). Your parents should have had the opportunity to find out what that I.Q. was. Ask them perhaps, and mayhap they can tell you. That said, I.Q. is not the end all be all of intelligence, it has it's limits, but it also has it's uses.

An observation I have made that is that most people have the potential to be smarter than they are, but they chose to be ignorant (for all sorts of reasons) which undermines their intelligence potential and often even pushes them into insanity land in the long run. Ignorance is a choice, so more often than not, is sanity.

Stay away from alcohol, it will stymie your brain power, and it's never a good excuse for anything, fun though it temporarily may be (former bartender here) . ;)

Edit:

I just remembered that it was you who made this post. I change my above bet to I'd bet my life you're at the very least a 110, and I'll bet a bundle you're above 125 (that's smarter than 95% of the people out there). Insight like that is not common, which you may have already noticed. I don't know what your life situation is, but don't waste your time in retail unless you absolutely have to, and if you do have to, work to get out of it asap. You've more potential than most. Truly.

Edited by Valsuelm

I just remembered that it was you who made this post. I change my above bet to I'd bet my life you're at the very least a 110, and I'll bet a bundle you're above 125 (that's smarter than 95% of the people out there). Insight like that is not common, which you may have already noticed. I don't know what your life situation is, but don't waste your time in retail unless you absolutely have to, and if you do have to, work to get out of it asap. You've more potential than most. Truly.

wow, didn't know Longknife was giving Bruce red pill. I also love Bruce reply

Longknife:

Seriously though, here's a challenge for you: quote one post for me in this entire thread where you actually make an argument. You'll find that all of your arguments are "I don't think so." That's it. You just disagree without stating why

Bruce:

So as much as I understand your view of me and I appreciate the effort its misplaced and you have the wrong impression because most people dont follow RL etiquette on a forum so I doubt we will ever understand each other and thats fine ...as long as we can debate just never assume I'm trolling, I can answer anything you ask me

Loving it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

wheelchair.jpg

Dude, you have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just roll with it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seriously though, here's a challenge for you: quote one post for me in this entire thread where you actually make an argument.

Smart people don't argue on the internet ;)

edit to add smiley, not being entirely serious.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why do you care if a bunch of people on an internet message board think you are smart? Your value does not depend on our opinions.

Some people just need a gentle push to get into the right track. It's harmless.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why do you care if a bunch of people on an internet message board think you are smart? Your value does not depend on our opinions.

Your perceived value of yourself can actually depend on any number of factors, including ridiculous ones... As someone with an unfortunately long history of depression, I can sadly attest to at least that much. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"The sky is not the limit when there are footprints on the moon" - Abraham Lincoln

did he really told that? If so, my deepest respect for him

Does being a smart-ass count as being smart?  I mean it has smart in it, and everything!

:p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No, he did not. Space travel was not yet invented in the 1800's. :p I was going to post the "attention whore" meme but I felt that was mean so I went with humor.

The quote is from Paul Brandt.

yeah i get it, i thought he was THAT visionary :)

• Like 1

Does being a smart-ass count as being smart? I mean it has smart in it, and everything!

:p

Course it is. At the very least does show ability to think quickly.

I would like to think I am smart. But if I were, I would be in a better place than this :lol: