Also if you think of Adult Mods you need to go to a specific place that is not easy to find 

First I'm not talking about adult mods necessarily as not everything sexualized is considered adult content. And second you're wrong, true adult mods are very easy to find. They are all over Nexus which is where all of the normal mods are.

Unless Bethesda is creating those mods, your point still makes little sense.  Pressuring a community of fans and hobbyists is a waste of time.  

Also if you think of Adult Mods you need to go to a specific place that is not easy to find 

First I'm not talking about adult mods necessarily as not everything sexualized is considered adult content. And second you're wrong, true adult mods are very easy to find. They are all over Nexus which is where all of the normal mods are.

Unless Bethesda is creating those mods, your point still makes little sense.  Pressuring a community of fans and hobbyists is a waste of time.  

To say nothing of the fact you'd be laughed off the Nexus boards if you tried. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As much as I love mods to games like Oblivion & Skyrim, those body mods and skimpy armors just look stupid to me. I mean seriously is looks like it is f-----g cold in Skyrim. No one is going to wear a bikini to fight a fire breathing dragon on a glacier during a blizzard.

There is a mod to turn Skyrim into a summer paradise. So if you're particular about realism and want bikinis in your game, that's the way to go.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/lucy-decoutere-resigns-trailer-park-boys-star-denies-220839884.html

People are so brainwashed into believing that mena re monstorus rapist abusers that they no longer believe  the supposed 'victim' when they say it never happened.  PATHETIC.

This is actually pretty common.

Since the 90s many if not most states at this point have laws on the books in regards to 'domestic disputes' where the state will prosecute with or without the alleged victim's cooperation.

Where I live, if the police are called to a domestic dispute between a man and a woman (or sometimes between other domestic 'partners'/family), chances are very high someone is getting arrested, and it's usually the guy, no matter what the alleged victim says (especially if it is a female). To further the insanity, whoever is arrested is almost always given a restraining order barring them from communicating with the other person (it's a felony to violate this) until the court matter is resolved (which is usually a matter of many months). And again, that is no matter what the other person says. Meaning even if the alleged victim doesn't want a restraining order against the alleged perpetrator, one is given anyways.

To even more further the insanity if the alleged victim (usually the female) wants to communicate with the alleged perpetrator (usually the male) and they do despite the restraining order, and then the police or DA's office find out about it, a felony charge there still will almost always be.

I've seen some ugly situations turn into pure tragedy because someone called the cops (usually not even one of the two in the alleged domestic dispute).

These aforementioned laws were put on the books in order to 'protect battered women' who were perceived to be too afraid of their batterer to cooperate with the 'authorities'. The reality is that while such people and situations have and still do exist, they are exceedingly rare compared to the oodles of situations where the state makes a mountain out of a molehill, and relationships and families become at least temporarily shattered as a result of the unwanted prosecution.

All of this of course doesn't even get into another aspect of the tragedy of these laws in how some people (usually women) abuse the system and take advantage of these laws.

I personally say all of this is the result of decades of propaganda demonizing men and victimizing women as well as portraying them as helpless vs the supposed demonic man. It certainly isn't the result of objective rational thinking about the reality of most situations.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

Yeah I get that. It's just a thought. No one wrote some article titled "Skyrim modding community has a problem" or the like.

There has been a lot of controversy in comic covers lately. That and the Batgirl one being the biggest examples. The sad thing is they are variant covers, which means they need to be specifically ordered and are usually just for collectors, so the general audience rarely sees them.

Cover controversies aren't anything new (remember Heroes for Hire #13 from 2007?).  I think given the last couple of years people make more of a note over things that reflect the ongoing internet debate of "sexism".

EDIT: Part of the Kefauver hearings on Juvenile Delinquency (aka comics) that Wertham's claims spearheaded centered the cover of a comic as well - Crime SuspenStories #22)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

SJWs are eating their own xD

sorry for rubbish site, i dont bother to dig more as I seen it on local news

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2016/03/30/emma-watson-rep-responds-to-controversy/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

They always do.

Thena gain, Watson is one of those   feminists who view women as weak and pathetic and need a big strong man to save them. Those kind of feminists are pathetic and  sexist.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They always do.

Thena gain, Watson is one of those   feminists who view women as weak and pathetic and need a big strong man to save them. Those kind of feminists are pathetic and  sexist.

Volo Emma Watson is a great supporter of Gender Equality, she has publicly been very vocal on several issues and received unfair criticism

I respect her immensely as she is using her celebrity status in a positive way to get attention to various SJ issues . I'm surprised you aren't more supportive of her? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How is this a troll? This fits her character much better. They didn't say Tracer can't be sexy, just that it isn't the main focus of her character.

Guys I agree with TN on this matter

Dont get me wrong of course I like to see what I would consider are attractive female characters but even this becomes debatable because " what defines sexy characters in a game "  ?

For me Isabela in DA 2 was perfect, she was liberated, attractive  and confidant and I thoroughly enjoyed her entire character story and arc. But end of the day I would still have played DA2 even without Isabela....so aesthetics for characters are important but they not as important as factors like the narrative and actual quests and more importantly the actual value and focus of people you interact with

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How is this a troll? This fits her character much better. They didn't say Tracer can't be sexy, just that it isn't the main focus of her character.

How is looking over your shoulder in a shooter, in the very same pose some male characters have, sexy? And this current pose taken from a pin-up model not as sexy?

*shrug* Sexyness is down to personal preference after all.   

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Tracer's character is annoying. Shame Widowmaker couldn't kill her. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't say it was less or more sexy, I didn't make that value judgement at all. I said it's fine for Tracer to be sexy, as long as it fits her character, which is what Blizzard said. But the framing and pose on the other pose made her look somewhat like she was presenting herself, which is more of a femme fatale character trait such as Widowmaker would have. This pose is much more active, mid-motion, playful. And yes, sexualisation occurs in the mind but there's also ways to increase that as a designer or animator and it's silly to say that different poses can not have different meanings when done by a man or woman. All I'm saying is that this controversy was ****ing stupid from the get-go and nobody is saying stuff can't be sexy. Even the original "complaint", made out to be some crazy SJW, was pretty much fine with Widowmaker showing herself off.

Ugh, I give up. People have become far too sensitive and project SJWs into everything. I thought it was the feminists who were supposed to be making everything into gender politics? This is censorship, that is SJWs, bla bla bla. I can't stand hardcore SJWs anymore than you guys can but I'm sick of the game community being a giant example of horseshoe theory in action.

• Like 3

Why? It is great entertainment. Keeps Twitter losers occupied at the very least :)

Original complaint was pretty stupid, though. His daughter is growing to grow up alongside Tracer? :p And as you said, is somehow cool for Widowmaker as I guess that suits her.

Should change VA though, irritating attempt at some British accent.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That game looks stupid.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I didn't say it was less or more sexy, I didn't make that value judgement at all. I said it's fine for Tracer to be sexy, as long as it fits her character, which is what Blizzard said. But the framing and pose on the other pose made her look somewhat like she was presenting herself, which is more of a femme fatale character trait such as Widowmaker would have. This pose is much more active, mid-motion, playful. And yes, sexualisation occurs in the mind but there's also ways to increase that as a designer or animator and it's silly to say that different poses can not have different meanings when done by a man or woman. All I'm saying is that this controversy was ****ing stupid from the get-go and nobody is saying stuff can't be sexy. Even the original "complaint", made out to be some crazy SJW, was pretty much fine with Widowmaker showing herself off.

I have to admit I know nothing about the character herself since Overwatch doesn't interest me. It just really rubs me the wrong way when some claim that a pose is okay for men characters, but not okay for women characters.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.