Brussels Airport Explosions

BruceVC

It's self-evident. Saying that any society should accept a rise a crime, because reasons, is downright appaling. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But who teaches you about ISIS?  So for example I would like to ask you 3 questions about ISIS,  I am not going to agree or disagree with your responses I just want to see how you respond 

• How did ISIS get created 
  • What does ISIS want 
  • Who is aligned with ISIS globally?

I'm sorry if these may seem hard so please only answer what you can or want to 

The answer to all 3 is the Illuminati, obviously.

Just kidding.  I use wikipedia of course. 

• Like 2

It's self-evident. Saying that any society should accept a rise a crime, because reasons, is downright appaling. 

Thank you, now I get your view. Please dont assume I know what lol means :)

Its not that any society accepts a rise in crime, its a reality that you guys live  a first world block of countries where in many places crime is non-existent...the EU is an amazing and successful political experiment and you should be proud

But we have to now look at the reality, the EU has accepted about 2 million refugees from Syria...unfortunately also people from other countries taking advantage. There is no point blaming Merkel....lets focus on how to best address the situation with honesty and realism

• 90 % of these refugees come from war torn and economically destitute countries ....I have been to some African countries where some of these refugees come from and I cannot tell you how bad it is. But in the EU most people come from Syria....5 years of war. You need to accept that  there will be a small percentage  5 % of these people who will not assimilate and may commit crime
  • You cannot know " who will commit crime "but it will happen, its important we dont overreact and judge all Muslims 
  • You dont have to believe me but I'm positioning the reality of your situation...how you deal with it is up to you :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But who teaches you about ISIS?  So for example I would like to ask you 3 questions about ISIS,  I am not going to agree or disagree with your responses I just want to see how you respond 

• How did ISIS get created 
  • What does ISIS want 
  • Who is aligned with ISIS globally?

I'm sorry if these may seem hard so please only answer what you can or want to 

The answer to all 3 is the Illuminati, obviously.

Just kidding.  I use wikipedia of course. 

I wasnt trying to catch you out but I know these things can be complicated and debatable ...take this forum. I consider myself informed yet according to Zora I know nothing 

And thats normal because for me Zora knows a lot but his  predictions are always wrong because of his bias towards the West, now Drowsy has a long history with a certain type of Muslim, He knows a lot about Muslims but you will notice his opinion is also negative but for different reasons to Zora because of the history of Serbia 

End of the day no one can say with certainty what will be the outcome of the refugees in the EU because its unprecedented but we all agree ISIS needs to be destroyed in Syria and Iraq as these are home bases. I have always maintained ground troops will  be needed but you notice because the USA is correctly not taking the lead no one else is 

I really thought Russia would commit ground troops and actually gain some real respect but they pulled out and the justifications dont make sense

So ISIS cannot be defeated until ground troops from some country are committed and yes there will be casualties for the invading force 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Food for thought?

1958424_1273898749306193_600199657577675

While I agree with the sentiment... those sort of 'infographics' always leave me with a slight desire to grind my teeth.

There's dozens of extra examples that could be added some of which such as the Speicher massacre were massively above the scale of anything else listed, some of the chosen examples are distinctly questionable- for example in the Tunisia attack listed 30/38 killed were British and all killed were European so there was not (likely to be) any muslims killed, and it got extensive coverage in Britain especially- and as previous some of those chosen did get extensive coverage. Reads like an american watching Fox News/ USCNN, googling 'ISIS terrorism', going to wikipedia and then not reading any links just generating a list. Or perhaps from a Saudi PR group, which would certainly explain the lack of Speicher coverage since Saudis would say that wasn't against real muslims.

• Like 1

To invade and destroy the gulf countries wouldn't achieve the goal. They would be seen as just another victim of imperialism and it would encourage more terrorism. However cutting off Saudi tentacles abroad would go a long way: shutting down Wahhabi mosques, Islamic schools, expelling and imprisoning the worst members, banning local sharia patrols. That is what the EU can do and it can do so gradually and without pomp so as not to inspire resistance.

That said, the US holds all the keys in this. They can exert the most influence on the Saudis and the gulf states and wring their necks if necessary. But as long as policymakers in Washington see KSA as a regional ally its not going to happen and funds will be channeled to organizations that ultimately produce terrorists. The US sees itself capable of using jihadis across the world as useful idiots - to topple regimes and such because repercussions of their acts rarely come back to the United States (although September 11 was a spectacular example of that). But this policy is destabilizing the EU and the EU leaders, if there is such a thing, should make it clear that KSA's, Kuwaiti, Qatar's etc. activities need to cease and that it is in the best interest of the continued US-EU alliance that they do.

Good post.

Meanwhile in Yurop

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And that is why we cannot have nice things.

If irony was a thing, it would be a 100 ton locomotive in this case.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

And that is why we cannot have nice things.

If irony was a thing, it would be a 100 ton locomotive in this case.

We cannot have nice things because the whole political and military-industrial infrastructure is set up according to those relations. We have consultants, advisors, sub-contractors, and downright mercenaries working according to that infrastructure and there's billions invested in keeping it intact. 

Just look at it objectively speaking, the whole region has enough oil in order to have normal trade relations with the rest of the world, but somehow there's quite a lot picking between winners and losers.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Surprisingly well stocked on explosives. There was one vest at the airport that wasn't used, at least 2 bombs that went off and now this. I wonder how they got so many components and how the bombs were made.

Surprisingly well stocked on explosives. There was one vest at the airport that wasn't used, at least 2 bombs that went off and now this. I wonder how they got so many components and how the bombs were made.

You would be surprised how easy it is to make decent explosives. Although it might not be easy to procure all components if you seem suspicious.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

TATP and the other explosive forms of acetone peroxide belong to the few high explosives that do not contain nitrogen,[22] and so can pass undetected through scanners designed to detect nitrogenous explosives.[23] Because of its high susceptibility to accidental detonation (and resulting "workplace accidents" in bomb-making shops), TATP has been referred to as the "Mother of Satan."[22] It is used by terrorists for its ability to evade detection aimed at nitrogenous explosives, and due to its low cost and the ease with which its precursors can be obtained.[22] It has been described in popular media as easily prepared from readily available retail ingredients, such as hair bleach and nail polish remover.[24]

As such, TATP has been used in bomb and suicide attacks and in improvised explosive devices, including in Israel,[citation needed] and in the London bombings on 7 July 2005, where four suicide bombers killed 52 people and injured more than 700.[25][26] It was one of the explosives used by the "shoe bomber" Richard Reid[26] and was used by the suicide bombers in the November 2015 Paris attacks[24] and 2016 Brussels bombings.[27]

Found it

You would be surprised how easy it is to make decent explosives. Although it might not be easy to procure all components if you seem suspicious.

You can find on youtube *for educational purposes only* how-to-guides on building your own explosives more volatile than nitroglycerine from regular kitchen appliances.

//Edit: Drowsy was faster, that's the one i meant.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

And they say shooting in legs never works.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very easy, in the U.S. anyways.

This is the interwebs, and a super touchy subject, so I shant say more than I know some current and former military folks who have some toys, and that it's not an uncommon thing.

While I didn't make this video, nor know the people who did, here's an example of some folks playing with such toys:

Note: there are many different types of toys out there. Understanding chemistry is an interesting, often beautiful, yet sometimes ugly thing [and something that the anti-gun, and 'gotta keep everyone from having access to X' crowds, almost laughably lack an understanding of (where there's a will and even half a brain, there's almost always a way)].

Random aside: I used to own a '98 Jetta so I personally find this video amusing particular amusing. There are other similar videos out there.

Edited by Valsuelm

Guardian:

SAS forces have been deployed in Libya since the beginning of the year, according to a confidential briefing given to US congressional leaders by the king of Jordan.

A leaked memo indicates the US lawmakers were personally briefed by King Abdullah in January about plans for Jordan’s special forces to operate in the country alongside the British.

The memo indicates that Abdullah also told US lawmakers:

The Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, “believes in a radical Islamic solution to the problems in the region” and the “fact that terrorists are going to Europe is part of Turkish policy, and Turkey keeps getting a slap on the hand, but they get off the hook”.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

The animosity between Jordan and Turkey goes all the way back to Abdullah's father and the creation of Israel. That being said, i still hold the Jordanese words to more merit that the Turkish ones.

And oh, a security guard at Belgian nuclear plant was murdered and his badge was stolen. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hln.be%2Fhln%2Fnl%2F32616%2FTerreurdreiging-in-Belgie%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F2658105%2F2016%2F03%2F26%2FNucleaire-bewaker-vermoord-en-badge-gestolen.dhtml

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

you know i was thinking... they say that the real target was a nuclear plant but they could not do it and chose the airport instead. i think this is damage control by the Belgian police trying to save face by saying "they wanted to do something big but we scared them off and they did something small". the truth is that the Belgian police probably had no idea (they could have stopped them otherwise)

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

The animosity between Jordan and Turkey goes all the way back to Abdullah's father and the creation of Israel. That being said, i still hold the Jordanese words to more merit that the Turkish ones.

And oh, a security guard at Belgian nuclear plant was murdered and his badge was stolen. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hln.be%2Fhln%2Fnl%2F32616%2FTerreurdreiging-in-Belgie%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F2658105%2F2016%2F03%2F26%2FNucleaire-bewaker-vermoord-en-badge-gestolen.dhtml

If correct, it just reinforces my argument that the deal with Turkey was tantamount to admitting defeat. It turns out that Erdogan is not only controlling the flow of people but also shuffling terrorists around (arresting them when he feels like it, letting them go when he doesn't) while 28 countries in EU run around like headless chickens. Unless the EU political elite is finding all this insecurity useful to deflect public attention. 

In response to the attacks in Brussels, the "March against fear" has been cancelled due to security concerns. 

http://archive.is/pFxdV

http://archive.is/xgTm8

Pretty much says it all about the current situation.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy