Brussels Airport Explosions

BruceVC

Errr, the Syrian refugees Finland weren't evn 3% of the total number of refugees. This is the list of the top 6.

Iraq: 20485

Afghanistan: 5214

Somalia:  1981

Syria: 877

Albania: 762 (what?)

Iran: 619

A total of 32 476, where over 70% where men in fighting age. 

Yes I understand your concern, I may  not share your view about them being all being dangerous but seriously ....WTF are people from those countries doing immigrating to Finland?

Its more the principle for me because I understand the shared burden of the EU but I still think its unfair to expect countries like Finland to just accept these refugees and have no concerns 

It should be optional but as I keep saying the ME countries must take more refugees before Europe has to

Most of those that have come are economical refugees that will not get asylum. But asylum process is slow and stiff, which is why Finland has gained popularity addition to fact that we are rich.

Like for example there is nearly zero change that people from Albania will get asylum. 

Yes but do you think its a problem in Finland? In other words has the Finnish government failed around this 

Yes, it has caused and will cause problems in Finland and governments (these aren't new problems and have continued through several governments) have failed to solve them. And that failure cause quarrels in general population, which of course can lead that these problems expand and become even worse. 

Okay but are you talking about the 20k Syrian refugees that have just arrived in Finland? Isn't it too early to say the Finnish government has failed ?

Dont  get me wrong I can understand if this is the issue...its normal but I just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing?

You think that those 40k refugees are only refugees/immigrants that there are in Finland? Those are just ones that cause additional stress to existing policies/systems that have problems, where get to the point that it isn't necessary most solid policy to add stress to policies/systems that don't work and hope that they work.

Okay I didnt realize Finland had  such a problem with refugees.....I have to be honest because of the harsh weather I wouldn't think Finland would be so popular...also your language, no one can understand it  :biggrin:

It has not been popular. Between 1970-2012 Finland gave asylum to 48k refugees and even that amount causes problems with existing policies and systems. And now government tries to use those same systems and policies for those that 40k have come in past year. Can you see why there maybe some more problems in future?

Absolutely, of course I can see the issue and frustration 

Its not going to destroy your country but this whole refugee debacle is complicated and annoying  

All the Albanians are economic migrants from Kosovo. Local newspapers reported a sudden surge in their movement, usually crossing Serbia to get to Hungary. From what I saw it was very coordinated and sort of started "overnight", not as a trickle.

I don't even know why this is still argued primarily as a "refugee" issue when a significant portion aren't refugees at all.

Well if thats true then its just wrong because economic refugees aren't the same as refugees driven away from years of conflict and brutal war like the Syrians 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*sigh*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3505610/Brussels-airport-suicide-bombers-Belgian-brothers-accomplice-white-remains-run.html#ixzz43lL0I6a8

One of the Brussels bombers was arrested in Turkey and deported back to Belgium in June with a warning that he was a militant, it has sensationally been revealed.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Ibrahim El Bakraoui, who yesterday blew himself up at Brussels Airport, was arrested in Gaziantep in southern Turkey close to the Syrian border last summer. Officials said he was deported to Holland before being passed back over to Belgium.

The president said Belgian authorities had failed to confirm the suspect's links to terrorism 'despite our warnings that he was a foreign fighter'

Well, i do not trust the Turks, so why should this info bear any merit. But there it is anyway.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*sigh*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3505610/Brussels-airport-suicide-bombers-Belgian-brothers-accomplice-white-remains-run.html#ixzz43lL0I6a8

One of the Brussels bombers was arrested in Turkey and deported back to Belgium in June with a warning that he was a militant, it has sensationally been revealed.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Ibrahim El Bakraoui, who yesterday blew himself up at Brussels Airport, was arrested in Gaziantep in southern Turkey close to the Syrian border last summer. Officials said he was deported to Holland before being passed back over to Belgium.

The president said Belgian authorities had failed to confirm the suspect's links to terrorism 'despite our warnings that he was a foreign fighter'

Well, i do not trust the Turks, so why should this info bear any merit. But there it is anyway.

Yes I heard this on CNN, it shouldn't be seen as too seriously because I'll be honest there are smalls cells of people living within the EU that want to attack it 

This is irrefutable, its just a reality of living in the EU. It can be addressed and security will be improved so I wouldnt worry too much 

You should at least try to like Turkey more, they will be taking in refugees that were headed to the EU...and its  a win for the West because have you noticed its okay for any non-Western country to abuse human rights like how the refugees are being housed in Turkey. But thats not a problem we should worry about...its a Turkey decision 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*sigh*

Well that's ****ing embarrassing.

Belgium...

serbiaball_can_into_meme_by_ritualist-d8

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Food for thought?

1958424_1273898749306193_600199657577675

Because it's the norm there and not here, what's so difficult to understand?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also. Western media reporting news in the west. IMAGINE THAT.

That said, I do agree with the sentiment. This idea that ISIS (or AQ) is anti Wst/US for anything they did is ridiculous. Those groups hate pretty much everybody including and ESPICIALLY other Muslims. Whgich is why I don't get why many Muslims and pro Muslims  keep making excuses for extremists.

Too many times we hear is 'what they did BUT..." No. there is no but.

Sane people don't go " what the christian extremists di was wroing BUT.." Ther eis no BUT.

PERIOD.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Also. Western media reporting news in the west. IMAGINE THAT.

That said, I do agree with the sentiment. This idea that ISIS (or AQ) is anti Wst/US for anything they did is ridiculous. Those groups hate pretty much everybody including and ESPICIALLY other Muslims. Whgich is why I don't get why many Muslims and pro Muslims  keep making excuses for extremists.

Too many times we hear is 'what they did BUT..." No. there is no but.

Sane people don't go " what the christian extremists di was wroing BUT.." Ther eis no BUT.

PERIOD.

This is some good insights and I can answer your primary question because I also battled to answer this " why the almost defense of Islamic extremists from members of the Muslim community " 

Much of the Islamic world is going through a crisis of identity and foundation

So they feel to criticize ISIS undermines all Muslims and they also think all of the West thinks all Muslims are like ISIS 

You wont believe some of things I have heard from SA Muslims but we just need them to go through it 

John Milton 

Food for thought?

1958424_1273898749306193_600199657577675

Because it's the norm there and not here, what's so difficult to understand?

To be fair most people dont realize this 

Raithe most of us on this forum do realize this as we have studied groups like ISIS 

John Milton 

ppl are ppl of course, but i like to think i'm not living in some third world ****hole.

No offense but you guys also make assumptions about Muslims and the refugees and they mostly negative... I have tried to give you a positive spin but you seem to only want to believe negative 

John Milton 

There was a time when a 'common' murder or stabbing would've been news as big as a muslim terror attack.

Same here. Well, technically I'm in the Netherlands now, but the same would apply to Serbia.

We don't have terrorist attacks (nowadays) but there's more criminality than there used to be. 

There was a time when a 'common' murder or stabbing would've been news as big as a muslim terror attack.

Unless there was a celebrity involved, no.  

He's not talking about the US. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I can give you lots of examples, like when I said you will become decentralized to extreme crime committed by the few refugees and you dismissed this ....but your comment was funny I remember, you often say funny things :biggrin:  

John Milton 

Thats  a dream world and those days are over but I promise you  you will be fine 

Your country and yourselves can handle what is coming but you need to be realistic and accept certain levels of crime will increase 

John Milton 

Thats  a dream world and those days are over but I promise you  you will be fine 

Your country and yourselves can handle what is coming but you need to be realistic and accept certain levels of crime will increase 

lol

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

lol

Not sure why you laughing ?

I'm being very serious....but lets not over exaggerate things. I'm not saying the EU will go to war. I just want all you guys in the EU to be a little realistic and pragmatic ....yes crime will increase but its not the end of the world

I am trying to help but I have to be honest 

John Milton 

Oh, he's talking about Europe?  Yeah, the grass was much greener back in the 40's, and the decades that followed with the iron curtain up.   :getlost:

• Like 1

lol

I'm being very serious....but lets not over exaggerate things. I'm not saying the EU will go to war. I just want all you guys in the EU to be a little realistic and pragmatic ....yes crime will increase but its not the end of the world

lol again.

It's completely absurd, that's why. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Oh, he's talking about Europe?  Yeah, the grass was much greener back in the 40's, and the decades that followed with the iron curtain up.   :getlost:

Hurlshot I wasn't going to ask you this because I think this may annoy me but I'm curious 

You teach your kids about groups  like ISIS and once again I am amazed how effective your education system is and how dedicated you are 

But who teaches you about ISIS?  So for example I would like to ask you 3 questions about ISIS,  I am not going to agree or disagree with your responses I just want to see how you respond 

• How did ISIS get created 
  • What does ISIS want 
  • Who is aligned with ISIS globally?

I'm sorry if these may seem hard so please only answer what you can or want to 

John Milton 

lol

lol again.

It's completely absurd, that's why. 

Please can we not have these monolithic responses like you have with alum

I respect you and I always answer with as much information as possible so you dont have to ask me " and what next " 

What is absurd about what I said ?

John Milton