Update 3.02 Beta is Live

Annihilation:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85203-302b-annihilation-doesnt-seem-to-be-working/?do=findComment&comment=1788659

The other bug I tested myself when 3.0 released, then further sought (and got) confirmation from Aarik I the bug thread. It's too old and inconvenient to dig up from my smartphone though, so link will have to wait until I'm home from work.

Your the man ! Especially for testing the lash thing . I can sleep calm now :D

To clarify: the issue I'm referring to was preventing weapons like Bittercut from benefiting from elemental talents. Lashes as in the enchants you can apply to weapons have been working fine all along that I know of (elemental talents apply to them but the increase in damage is hardly worth a talent.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Stormcaller and Bittercut for sure (and Durance's Staff now too.)

Dragon Thrashed and other DOT effects are a different bug; that one I do not know whether it has been fixed in 3.02, but it wasn't before.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Take 2:

Patch 3.02 Beta Patch Notes Are Here:

• Main fixes: Stuff

• Full list of fixes: Lots and lots of stuff

You're welcome

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 5

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Hey (you bunch of extraordinary gamers)

Aarik and I finished translating the list yesterday. It has been sent off to our producer for beautification. We hope to get it out later today.

Thanks for all the continued support

-Sking 

• Like 9

does this have to do with the new Tyranny? Seriously what is the hold up?

I have a sneaky suspicion, but I won't say it out loud because I so hope I'm wrong

Thank you Obsidian for continuing to refine and repair PoE and its expansions. Sounds like it's just about ready for me to take another run through. 8)

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

" ...sent off?...beautification?" photo.jpg?sz=50

call me paranoid but for a second, that sound like a nazi gas chamber

Edited by ruzen

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

Well, I guess some of you guys have never seen some programmers bug fix notes.

To correlate that to specific bugs and make human readable patch notes out of it is not that easy.

E.g.:

- fix a few signed integer left-shifts

- fix uninitialized variable

- fix unaligned access

This could have been changes which all fixed a bug with annihilation...

• Like 2

Personally, I'm curious if there's any rough estimate on when the devs think that 3.02 will go live.  This week?  Next week?  The week after that?

Let's at least get the patch notes first, then we can ask when it'll go live.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the release date than the patch notes.  Patch notes do little for me now (because I'm not playing the beta version, so I don't really care all that much about knowing what's in the update to compare with how it performs).  Having some sense of when the patch goes live is of more interest and value to me.

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 1

Personally, I'm curious if there's any rough estimate on when the devs think that 3.02 will go live.  This week?  Next week?  The week after that?

It's in beta, there will likely be more smaller changes/patches before it is released as a stable update (To fix obvious/major issues that were introduced). Having patch notes helps direct people towards what to test and is also, in general, just interesting to read if their well written.

Edited by Nicholas Steel

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

Let's at least get the patch notes first, then we can ask when it'll go live.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the release date than the patch notes.  Patch notes do little for me now (because I'm not playing the beta version, so I don't really care all that much about knowing what's in the update to compare with how it performs).  Having some sense of when the patch goes live is of more interest and value to me.

Yeah, well in order to derive reasonable value out of the beta process, pretty sure folks need to know what to look for. Patch notes are pretty key for that.

So, you should care about the patch notes at least in so far as they are a key dependency in completing a successful beta test. And this will directly play into when the patch goes fully live.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke