US Elections 2016

Gorth

"It doesnt matter if you support Trump or not"

It does when you repeatedly claim I do. I'm anti PC. That doesn't mean I'm pro nazi and pro violence. Like Trump and you. I'm pro freedom.  I would never win an election thoguh because only .1% of people actually believe in true freedom. The rest who claim they are just pretenders, fraudsters, or ignorant as they don't actually know freedom is.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"It doesnt matter if you support Trump or not"

It does when you repeatedly claim I do. I'm anti PC. That doesn't mean I'm pro nazi and pro violence. Like Trump and you. I'm pro freedom.  I would never win an election thoguh because only .1% of people actually believe in true freedom. The rest who claim they are just pretenders, fraudsters, or ignorant as they don't actually know freedom is.

But why are  you assuming Trump is pro-Nazi or even wants real violence....he is a demagogue Volo, he doesnt actually want violence which is why he avoided the Chicago rally

And he definitely is  not a Nazi, I didnt mean that is the reason you would support him..no. I meant because he is very anti-PC 

What do you mean by true freedom? Please explain in detail so its clear 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I know many of you are averse to reading anything that does not have swords in it but if you have an interest in the current US political climate I recommend reading this: Listen Liberal: Or Whatever Happened To The Party Of The People? by Frank Thomas. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/listen-liberal-thomas-frank/1123105862?ean=9781627795395#productInfoTabs. I've read his books before, What's the Matter With Kansas was a good one so when I saw this reviewed in the Washington Post this week I gave it a look. Thomas goes into some detail about how the Democrat Party went from being the party of the middle class to becoming the party of billionaires, lawyers and campus communists. I am in no way a fan of Thomas's politics (he is quite left of center) but his writing style is very entertaining to read. I got through this in three nights so it is not heavy reading. 

I bring this up because there is a lot of navel gazing in the media about why so many registered democrats are defecting to Trump. It hits the proverbial nail on the head. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I know many of you are averse to reading anything that does not have swords in it but if you have an interest in the current US political climate I recommend reading this: Listen Liberal: Or Whatever Happened To The Party Of The People? by Frank Thomas. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/listen-liberal-thomas-frank/1123105862?ean=9781627795395#productInfoTabs. I've read his books before, What's the Matter With Kansas was a good one so when I saw this reviewed in the Washington Post this week I gave it a look. Thomas goes into some detail about how the Democrat Party went from being the party of the middle class to becoming the party of billionaires, lawyers and campus communists. I am in no way a fan of Thomas's politics (he is quite left of center) but his writing style is very entertaining to read. I got through this in three nights so it is not heavy reading. 

I bring this up because there is a lot of navel gazing in the media about why so many registered democrats are defecting to Trump. It hits the proverbial nail on the head. 

GD, how many of these books do you know or have read

http://readernaut.com/Vishal/lists/93/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

GD, how many of these books do you know or have read

http://readernaut.com/Vishal/lists/93/

I read Steve Collins "Ghost Wars" a few years ago. It's on the bookshelf behind me right now. I've read several of Michael Lewis's books but not the one on the list. This one looks good: http://readernaut.com/books/0440243904/#. Some of the rest I've heard of, most I've never heard of.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"But why are  you assuming Trump is pro-Nazi or even wants real violence....he is a demagogue Volo, he doesnt actually want violence which is why he avoided the Chicago rally"

Are you really defending him? he encourages his followers to beat up others and then brags that he'll pay any legal bills. How is that not pro violence? He avoided he Chicago rally because their was violence threatened against him. Not b/c there was violence.

"And he definitely is  not a Nazi,"

He sure is. He is all about pwoer, control, and slavery. He  already wants to ban ANYONE from criticizing him once he (if) s in office. How is that not being a nazi?

"I didnt mean that is the reason you would support him..no. I meant because he is very anti-PC "

Being anti PC just for giggles is not  cool. Being anti PC is more than just saying evil things. Saying 'I'm going to jail people who disagree with me', 'Or I am gonna force Mexico to pay for the all I want to build' is not just anti PC. It is evil.

Saying that feminism is sexism and anti both male and female is anti PC because it is not approved. But, it is also very true. Anti PC is saying FACTS that the Feelz crowd don't like b/c it runs opposite of their agenda. Like stating FACTUALLY that  men are pretty much as likely to be victims of spousal abuse as women.   That is anti PC and 100% true but if I said that publicly  I'd likely be crucified by the PC crowd.

"What do you mean by true freedom? Please explain in detail so its clear "

If you can't figure out what true freedom is you are hopeless.  You have the freedom to be hopeless so more power to you.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"But why are  you assuming Trump is pro-Nazi or even wants real violence....he is a demagogue Volo, he doesnt actually want violence which is why he avoided the Chicago rally"

Are you really defending him? he encourages his followers to beat up others and then brags that he'll pay any legal bills. How is that not pro violence? He avoided he Chicago rally because their was violence threatened against him. Not b/c there was violence.

"And he definitely is  not a Nazi,"

He sure is. He is all about pwoer, control, and slavery. He  already wants to ban ANYONE from criticizing him once he (if) s in office. How is that not being a nazi?

"I didnt mean that is the reason you would support him..no. I meant because he is very anti-PC "

Being anti PC just for giggles is not  cool. Being anti PC is more than just saying evil things. Saying 'I'm going to jail people who disagree with me', 'Or I am gonna force Mexico to pay for the all I want to build' is not just anti PC. It is evil.

Saying that feminism is sexism and anti both male and female is anti PC because it is not approved. But, it is also very true. Anti PC is saying FACTS that the Feelz crowd don't like b/c it runs opposite of their agenda. Like stating FACTUALLY that  men are pretty much as likely to be victims of spousal abuse as women.   That is anti PC and 100% true but if I said that publicly  I'd likely be crucified by the PC crowd.

"What do you mean by true freedom? Please explain in detail so its clear "

If you can't figure out what true freedom is you are hopeless.  You have the freedom to be hopeless so more power to you.

Why would I be defending Trump? I am probably the most vocally opposed to him on these forums but you need to put things in perspective 

Its interesting you seem unable to describe what you mean by true freedom

I find it hard to believe you have no idea what it means therefore you must be embarrassed about something in the description....there is no judgement here but I encourage you to explain its meaning. I am genuinely interested in what it means

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

In other news, in a CNN interview, Bernie Sanders denounced any of his supporters using violence in the protests against Trump, which I'm happy to hear, since I actually fully agree with Volourn here (at least, in this particular facet of the argument). Not that that's any surprise - he's arguing against Bruce, so of course he's correct. tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

In other news, in a CNN interview, Bernie Sanders denounced any of his supporters using violence in the protests against Trump, which I'm happy to hear, since I actually fully agree with Volourn here (at least, in this particular facet of the argument). Not that that's any surprise - he's arguing against Bruce, so of course he's correct. tongue.png

What insight would you agree with Volo on Bartie?  If its " violence at rallys is unacceptable "  that is what everyone has said, I would find it strange if anyone said 

" I think violence at rallys is a  good thing for the overall health of the US political machinery "   :cat:

Our debate is more about I'm saying Trump is a  major contributor to this degree of violence as he created effectively new landscapes at rallys with his comments 

John Milton 

John Milton 

I agree with every word. I actually personally knew Spencer.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

What insight would you agree with Volo on Bartie?  If its " violence at rallys is unacceptable "  that is what everyone has said, I would find it strange if anyone said 

" I think violence at rallys is a  good thing for the overall health of the US political machinery "   :cat:

Our debate is more about I'm saying Trump is a  major contributor to this degree of violence as he created effectively new landscapes at rallys with his comments 

Slavoj Zizek would probably say that, yes. 

• Like 1

To hell with free speech, which we all supposedly believe in : http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/12/conservatives-align-with-black-lives-matter-in-rush-to-find-blame-for-chicago-protests/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Slavoj Zizek would probably say that, yes. 

He is a strange guy, sometimes he makes interesting points but generally I dont like his pseudo-intellectual assessments of social events ...like how PC\SJ is wrong. Also why dont any of his friends be honest and just say  " you dont need to sniff and touch your nose the whole video "  ..I know it sounds childish but I nearly couldnt watch the video his sniffing was so off putting 

But he is funny like the story about the son going to visit the sick gran  :biggrin:

John Milton 

WOD before I comment on this article what is your view on it?

I agree with every word. I actually personally knew Spencer.

WOD I hope you dont get offended by what I'm going to say but I feel you and I can be honest with each other and you have never offended me when we disagree

That article is a well written piece of breitbart propaganda, its intended audience will vary but they want to target people like you. And thats not an insult, who are you in this particular narrative? You not a racist, you dont hate latinos but you are genuinely concerned about  the influx of immigrants, the appearance of no effective border controls, the inconsistent way immigration laws are not being enforced and the perceived rise of crime that many Latinos seem to be involved in....you could see this as some type of surreptitious way  that the identity of the USA is being undermined?

But the reality is much simpler, the USA isn't facing a unique problem here. Throughout the world immigration is a fact  and real point of exasperation in many countries. The dynamic is normally a wealthy country will always draw people from neighboring countries where there are less economic opportunities, it about economic upliftment. Why don't you have thousands of Canadians illegally crossing the border to live in the USA...yes its obvious. There economy is stable and provides for its citizens so there is no need to leave

And yes certain crimes will increase but this doesnt reflect all the Latinos ....but its real, lets not deny it 

But you cant stop it by building a wall, its a global social development. The USA will always have people wanting to get into it looking for better prospects. My advice is if Mexico's economy was strong and inclusive enough people wouldnt want to leave 

John Milton 

My advice is if Mexico's economy was strong and inclusive enough people wouldnt want to leave 

Gotcha! He have to invade Mexico. It was on our to-do list anyway. Might as well get on with it!

:lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

My advice is if Mexico's economy was strong and inclusive enough people wouldnt want to leave 

Gotcha! He have to invade Mexico. It was on our to-do list anyway. Might as well get on with it!

:lol:

It makes sense also Mexican girls are so hot :lol: 

John Milton 

No, that's Argentina. 

Honestly I like most ladies from South America and Central America, its there dark hair and general appearance...like her  :sweat:

Like her  

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

Actually Mexico is one hell of a mess. I worked there on and off for almost a year a little while back. Once you get down into the central and southern parts it's not so bad but the north is almost totally run by the drug lords and the government answers to them. The company I was working for made regular "gifts" to one of these a------s or another regularly just so we would be left alone. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Actually Mexico is one hell of a mess. I worked there on and off for almost a year a little while back. Once you get down into the central and southern parts it's not so bad but the north is almost totally run by the drug lords and the government answers to them. The company I was working for made regular "gifts" to one of these a------s or another regularly just so we would be left alone. 

Yes I agree but once again Mexico is another example of fairly good fiscal policy but they have several real economic challangers that have negatively impacted there potential. They avoided privatization, had issues with tax collection and they do have a real wealth  equality gap. There are many people who are not part of any economic transformation...they feel marginalized and would be prime candidates for immigration to the USA

Its a little frustrating that the USA becomes the prime immigration destination...because the USA has been doing things right in there economy and you have to question the slowness in implementing certain changes in Mexico but there economy is doing better and its a good US trade partner right ?

John Milton