US Elections 2016

Gorth

John Kasich dropped out and has endorsed Donald Trump.

April Fools?

I hate this day.

You hate April Fools?

Thats a first....why would you hate a day of jest?

I personally hate this day because it has become day of stupidity and misinformation instead of making actual jests meant to lighten mood.

• Like 2

John Kasich dropped out and has endorsed Donald Trump.

April Fools?

I hate this day.

You hate April Fools?

Thats a first....why would you hate a day of jest?

I personally hate this day because it has become day of stupidity and misinformation instead of making actual jests meant to lighten mood.

:lol:  

We love this day ...we joke constantly in various sectors of society...check this email I got for example.

Dear colleague,

Please be informed that, with immediate effect, the following new policies will apply at XXXX

1.      Of the 15 days leave a year we are each entitled to, 5 days will be given as leave to our unemployed fellow citizens.

2.      15% of each of our annual salary will be deducted and donated to a fund aimed at soccer and cricket development for our national teams.

3.      To reduce cost, we have decided to adopt a “hot desk” policy by attaching a small green heater to each desk. To save energy, we must all ensure that these heaters remain off at all times.

4.      We will reduce our accommodation needs by each desk being used by four people as most desk are rectangular and therefore are four-sided.

I am sure you are all committed to these great causes and that you will give your full cooperation to this noble initiatives.

Asher

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In other news, something very, very interesting might happen within 72 hours. 

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-31/dc-madams-attorney-says-election-bombshell-already-online

Probably too good to be true though.

So Cruz will get blown out of the water, and Trump is clearly trying to lose on purpose. Kasich it is then. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

In other news, something very, very interesting might happen within 72 hours. 

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-31/dc-madams-attorney-says-election-bombshell-already-online

Probably too good to be true though.

So Cruz will get blown out of the water, and Trump is clearly trying to lose on purpose. Kasich it is then.

WOD why do you say Trump is trying to lose?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just the stuff he's been saying for the last couple of weeks. And it keeps getting worse: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-dont-change-abortion-laws/

You right, he is committed to a certain type of rhetoric....he backtracked from that abortion comment but some of the things he says I think  " surly Americans wont believe this "  ...yet people do

Who you leaning to at the moment ?

John Milton 

I'm with you. I don't want any of these clowns.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm still for Trump if he manages to win, but it seems increasingly unlikely. My next choice is "none of the above".

I know you guys probably think I'm clueless on the reality of US politics...its true I know nothing about your tax laws or constitutional considerations but I try to keep very informed about the actual politics and foreign policy

The GOP  I believe needs this Trump incident to restructure...I predict after the Democratic victory you will see this within the GOP and a new GOP will emerge 

This is a good thing by the way because obviously the USA needs both parties to continue to meaningfully grow and evolve positively in areas like the economy and political arena . So even if you skip this election I'm confidant the next  one you will find candidates you can vote for 

John Milton 

"Volo its always upsets me when you show you are fine with violence against women....dont you know violence against women is wrong?"

Violence against anyone is wrong. Whya re you pro violence against men? EVIL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm still for Trump if he manages to win, but it seems increasingly unlikely. My next choice is "none of the above".

I know you guys probably think I'm clueless on the reality of US politics...its true I know nothing about your tax laws or constitutional considerations but I try to keep very informed about the actual politics and foreign policy

The GOP  I believe needs this Trump incident to restructure...I predict after the Democratic victory you will see this within the GOP and a new GOP will emerge 

This is a good thing by the way because obviously the USA needs both parties to continue to meaningfully grow and evolve positively in areas like the economy and political arena . So even if you skip this election I'm confidant the next  one you will find candidates you can vote for 

I have a strong feeling what you might consider to be a positive evolution of the GOP will be seen as an intolerable surrender to the people who actually support the GOP. They are already trying very hard to become democrat-lite and every election cycle where their core voters stay home rather than vote for democrat-lite the party leadership draws all the wrong conclusions about what is actually happening.

I'll bet right now the party bosses have no idea why Trump has become the candidate he has. To me it's the most predictable thing in the world. Frankly I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Volo its always upsets me when you show you are fine with violence against women....dont you know violence against women is wrong?"

Violence against anyone is wrong. Whya re you pro violence against men? EVIL.

What about violence against a group like ISIS?

Do you think its wrong.....Volo ISIS hates you, you need to make a stand or people will assume you a weak, NAZI, feminist SJW 

When you say " violence against men "  do you mean violence committed by women against men?

John Milton 

GB, WOD ....I know things may be a little frustrating around the elections in the US but compared to South Africa you guys are going through a minor speed bump...if you want to hear I can share some of the issues we facing but I'll  only make the post if you interested...dont feel obliged :)

John Milton 

GOP needs to be burned down to the ground and a new party needs to be formed. GOP isn't a party anymore, it's one huge scam.

GB, WOD ....I know things may be a little frustrating around the elections in the US but compared to South Africa you guys are going through a minor speed bump...if you want to hear I can share some of the issues we facing but I'll  only make the post if you interested...dont feel obliged :)

I'm vaguely aware of your issues. I realize we're far ahead right now, but we're going towards you, not forward. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Just the stuff he's been saying for the last couple of weeks. And it keeps getting worse: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-dont-change-abortion-laws/

That article is a good example of a hit piece by mainstream media. It's an issue that largely does not matter in the context of a Presidential race yet polarizes many people, and takes what Trump says out of context in order to make him look bad to the polarized.

Trump is hardly trying to lose. The establishment has been throwing everything it has at him though. The abortion question, especially in contrived form, is a perennial favorite.

It's not going to get much traction, and then will fall off. The majority of people stupid enough to fall for this manufactured type of anti-candidate X crap have already fallen for the other manufactured anti-Trump crap.

Edited by Valsuelm

That article is a good example of a hit piece by mainstream media. It's an issue that largely does not matter yet polarizes many people, and takes what Trump says out of context in order to make him look bad to the polarized.

Trump is hardly trying to lose. The establishment has been throwing everything it has at him though. The abortion question is a perennial favorite.

It's not going to get much traction. The majority of people stupid enough to fall for this manufactured type of anti-candidate X crap have already fallen for the other manufactured anti-Trump crap.

Ah yes the enemy is the " mainstream media  "  .......so the established global news channels are just exaggerating and embellishing the image of Trump right?

Of course, WOD now you know the truth  :yes: Now  Vals we both know how ignorant and stupid I am because I support the  " mainstream media "  but where do you get your information from ....how does one get truly informed about how Trump is actually a very reasonable and rationale person who is clearly going to fix everything wrong with the USA

The abortion question is very relevant because it supports a view that more and more women in the USA believe is there choice to make and the idea  of a man telling them what to do with there bodies is unacceptable .....but this is just what the "  mainstream media " discusses and its only relevant to women in the USA who are a very important minority group so you can probably just ignore this because its  a .....perennial favorite and " not real right  "   :biggrin:

John Milton 

That article is a good example of a hit piece by mainstream media. It's an issue that largely does not matter yet polarizes many people, and takes what Trump says out of context in order to make him look bad to the polarized.

Trump is hardly trying to lose. The establishment has been throwing everything it has at him though. The abortion question is a perennial favorite.

It's not going to get much traction. The majority of people stupid enough to fall for this manufactured type of anti-candidate X crap have already fallen for the other manufactured anti-Trump crap.

Ah yes the enemy is the " mainstream media  "  .......so the established global news channels are just exaggerating and embellishing the image of Trump right?

Of course, WOD now you know the truth :yes: Now Vals we both know how ignorant and stupid I am because I support the " mainstream media " but where do you get your information from ....how does one get truly informed about how Trump is actually a very reasonable and rationale person who is clearly going to fix everything wrong with the USA

Actually Bruce, I think you are insane. It's a byproduct of ignorance and excessive cognitive dissonance. The longer and/or more one ignores reality, the more detached one becomes from it. You are quite detached, as you imply often yet made perfectly clear in the Hogan/Gawker thread.

Where do I get my news? All sorts of places, including the 'mainstream media'. I don't just swallow everything whole though. I think about it. Always ask myself 'why was this written?' and often ask myself 'who wrote/published this?'. I check primary sources as often as I can, when they are available (and when they aren't, very seriously doubt authenticity). And again, I think about it, read between the lines if need be, compare it with the rest of the big world puzzle, etc.

In this particular case (and a great many others) one need just find the interview(s) Trump gave and read or listen to it unedited. Trump was asked some hypotheticals about abortion. He answered them in a reasonable manner. He then had what he said taken out of context (which is the norm whenever most people in media (especially the mainstream sort) quote anyone) in order to push a false narrative and/or sensationalize what should be trivial.

Tip: Begin the practice of always checking primary sources and it won't take you long to see just how very common it is for folks in the media to manipulate a person's words out of context to get a manufactured narrative across.

The abortion question is very relevant because it supports a view that more and more women in the USA believe is there choice to make and the idea  of a man telling them what to do with there bodies is unacceptable .....but this is just what the "  mainstream media " discusses and its only relevant to women in the USA who are a very important minority group so you can probably just ignore this because its  a .....perennial favorite and " not real right  "   :biggrin:

While I would agree that the abortion issue isn't entirely irrelevant as it can give a window into what a candidate values, which sheds light on a candidate's character, for the most part that has become an almost irrelevant thing post 'Monicagate', and in light of the current situations within the U.S. as fairly adequately explained in this link (Trump supporter in that link aside, that's the sentiment of a very large number of people who support other candidates too, in particular Bernie Sanders). Importantly though, the President of the United States has little more say than you or I do over what the abortion laws in the U.S. are. It is a matter entirely outside the President's purview. Also, it's largely a decided issue. There is no chance of Roe v. Wade being overturned anytime in the next few decades. However...

In regards to your argument.... Well, your argument is almost laughable, if it wasn't so sad in it's meritlessness. First, women are not a minority. They are in fact, a majority (there were more than 5 million more women than men in the U.S. last census go around (2010)).

Second, the arguments for and against abortion can be very compelling if one is honest with oneself and puts even a little value on human life and the well being of it. It's a tough issue, with a real lot of grey. Only evil folks who don't give a poop about human life or it's well being, or morons think it's a black and white (to be clear Mr SJW, that is not a racial 'black' and 'white' ;)) issue, whatever side of the issue they come down on. However, '...more women in the USA believe is there choice to make and the idea  of a man telling them what to do with there bodies is unacceptable' is absolutely not one of the compelling arguments. A very small percentage of women in the U.S. genuinely think they are oppressed by men, and almost if not all of them are insane, because the reality is that they are not (out of the 157+ million women in the U.S. it's possible there are a couple of exceptions, but they are super rare exceptions). Neverminding the fact that there's quite a lot of women out there who are very much in the pro-life camp.

Edited by Valsuelm

Of course, WOD now you know the truth :yes: Now Vals we both know how ignorant and stupid I am because I support the " mainstream media " but where do you get your information from ....how does one get truly informed about how Trump is actually a very reasonable and rationale person who is clearly going to fix everything wrong with the USA

Actually Bruce, I think you are insane. It's a byproduct of ignorance and excessive cognitive dissonance. The longer and/or more one ignores reality, the more detached one becomes from it. You are quite detached, as you imply often yet made perfectly clear in the Hogan/Gawker thread.

Where do I get my news? All sorts of places, including the 'mainstream media'. I don't just swallow everything whole though. I think about it. Always ask myself 'why was this written' and often ask myself 'who wrote this'. I check primary sources as often as I can, when they are available (and when they aren't, very seriously doubt authenticity). And again, I think about it, read between the lines if need be, compare it with the rest of the big world puzzle, etc.

In this particular case (and a great many others) one need just find the interview(s) Trump gave and read or listen to it unedited. Trump was asked some hypotheticals about abortion. He answered them in a reasonable manner. He then had what he said taken out of context (which is the norm whenever most people in media (especially the mainstream sort)) in order to push a false narrative and/or sensationalize what should be trivial.

Tip: Begin the practice of always checking primary sources and it won't take you long to see just how very common it is for folks in the media to manipulate a person's words out of context to get a manufactured narrative across.

While I would agree that the abortion issue isn't entirely irrelevant as it can give a window into what a candidate values, which sheds light on a candidate's character, for the most part that has become an almost irrelevant thing post 'Monicagate', and in light of the current situations within the U.S. as fairly adequately explained in this link (Trump supporter in that link aside, that's the sentiment of a very large number of people who support other candidates too). Importantly though, the President of the United States has little more say than you or I do over what the abortion laws in the U.S. are. It is a matter entirely outside the President's purview. Also, it's largely a decided issue. There is no chance of Roe v. Wade being overturned anytime in the next few decades. However...

In regards to your argument.... Well, your argument is almost laughable, if it wasn't so sad in it's meritlessness. First, women are not a minority. They are in fact, a majority (there were more than 5 million more women than men in the U.S. last census go around (2010)).

Second, the arguments for and against abortion can be very compelling if one is honest with oneself and puts even a little value on human life and the well being of it. It's a tough issue, with a real lot of grey. Only evil folks who don't give a poop about human life or it's well being, or morons think it's a black and white (to be clear Mr SJW, that is not a racial 'black' and 'white' ;)) issue, whatever side of the issue they come down on. However, '...more women in the USA believe is there choice to make and the idea  of a man telling them what to do with there bodies is unacceptable' is absolutely not one of the compelling arguments. A very small percentage of women in the U.S. genuinely think they are oppressed by men, and almost if not all of them are insane, because the reality is that they are not (out of the 157+ million women in the U.S. it's possible there are a couple of exceptions, but they are super rare exceptions). Neverminding the fact that there's quite a lot of women out there who are very much in the pro-life camp.

Well you are right, I do live with cognitive dissonance. But its not seen as a negative by people like me because we believe its important to be able to at least recognize a view that could be contradictory to the original stance. This is something that we see as a strength of rationale .....insane...mmm.....

But I assume you mean Longknifes view of me? I asked for peoples view on my posting etiquette..I made a whole post just so I could get constructive feedback. Longknife gave me his opinion in his normal way and I have no issue with it. He was 90 % wrong but he did help me realize something fundamental about certain misunderstandings I have with some people 

He helped me even though that wasn't his intention....why must I focus on the things he said that have no relevance ?

And you right...there are more women  voting in the USA than men. I know this because this is exactly what the " mainstream media" believes   .....which raises a conundrum as you just explained how the " mainstream media "  isnt informed. What do we do ?

Well lets just say because you also believe it then its true ?

But finally we have a real issue, we both acknowledge the importance of the women vote in the USA. Isn't it logical that efforts should be made to appeal to this demographic ? I know how about we see who women in the USA normally vote for 

The " mainstream media " says more women vote for the Democrats 

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/08/politics/women-election/

Do we believe it ?  So Trump has made several offensive and dismissive comments about women, he has offended more women than Romney ever done....how is offending the largest voting demographic in the USA good policy?

But this is  really what the  "mainstream media "  tells me so its more than likely wrong...right Vals  o:)

John Milton 

This video highlights one of the big issues with Trump, its also one of the most contemporaneous comments he has ever made IMO 

He has no respect for the feelings  of women and clearly feels pandering to his supporters in the room who actually cheer and laugh because a women is called " a fat disgusting pig " 

And this is the guy who is " going to make the USA great " ...... :blink:

John Milton 

That article is a good example of a hit piece by mainstream media. It's an issue that largely does not matter in the context of a Presidential race yet polarizes many people, and takes what Trump says out of context in order to make him look bad to the polarized.

Trump is hardly trying to lose. The establishment has been throwing everything it has at him though. The abortion question, especially in contrived form, is a perennial favorite.

It's not going to get much traction, and then will fall off. The majority of people stupid enough to fall for this manufactured type of anti-candidate X crap have already fallen for the other manufactured anti-Trump crap.

It's a hit Trump performed on himself. It's perfectly reasonable to ask a question about the platform he's running on. And when you can't answer a simple question with a simple standard answer that almost any Republican politician would easily give, you have to ask yourself what's really going on. Moreover, the abortion debate isn't settled as you say. If a Republican wins (seems almost impossible right now, but things happen, like in my sig) he could easily appoint two conservative Supreme Court justices, and then the issue goes back to the states.
  • Like 1

1.      Of the 15 days leave a year we are each entitled to, 5 days will be given as leave to our unemployed fellow citizens.

Just gonna point out that this isn't "a thing" in America. After 10 years in the work force I finally got my first job that has this thing called "Paid vacation" and "Paid sick days."

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just gonna point out that this isn't "a thing" in America. After 10 years in the work force I finally got my first job that has this thing called "Paid vacation" and "Paid sick days."

Oh wait I never told you about the  unusual part about that email\

That was sent out by our CEO....seriously. It wasn't really funny but he means well :)

In South Africa all large corporations contribute to social development which is like building houses, schools , internships etc.

Our CEO makes a point at every Xmas party of  saying a speech but he always mentions how we live in a country where people live in abject poverty and we need to basically try to help people out. He means what he says, its nice to see someone at his level caring about less fortunate people 

I appreciate his efforts as I also believe in social responsibility 

John Milton 

Paid vacation is really means that you get less salary for days that you are in work, but you are compensated for it by getting money during your vacation.  This is meant to ensure that people have constantly access to steady income. Paid vacation systems usually also include statutory free days that employers need to give their workers, to ensure that workers don't burn themselves out by doing too much work (this is of course meant to lower number of people that need treatment from public healthcare system and of course higher retirement age).

Paid sick days are bit different as they are usually compensated to companies by tax benefits or direct payments from government (although there is sometimes own risk share that both employee and employer share). But main idea behind paid sick days is to ensure health of workforce which will allow them to work longer before they need to retire.

So mostly it always comeback to socialistic aspects of economy.

It's a hit Trump performed on himself. It's perfectly reasonable to ask a question about the platform he's running on. And when you can't answer a simple question with a simple standard answer that almost any Republican politician would easily give, you have to ask yourself what's really going on. Moreover, the abortion debate isn't settled as you say. If a Republican wins (seems almost impossible right now, but things happen, like in my sig) he could easily appoint two conservative Supreme Court justices, and then the issue goes back to the states.

WOD you making the right decision and I can appreciate its probably something you not use to...missing an election

But why should you get dragged into this Trump joke...you actually deserve better ...all GOP supporters do

That video about Megyn Kelly will come back to haunt him. Seriously guys, I know some of you say I'm exaggerating but have you ever seen a Republican candidate with such utter contempt for women? He actually find it funny in the beginning

We talking about our mothers, wives, daughters, girlfriends etc. 

John Milton