Best item to use the Helwax Mold on? (Spoilers probably)

After some thinking: For me it's now either two Bittercuts (just too powerful with Spirit of Decay and any full attack - rogues/paladins/monks) or... still Little Savior. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

After some thinking: For me it's now either two Bittercuts (just too powerful with Spirit of Decay and any full attack - rogues/paladins/monks) or... still Little Savior. :)

Wait, does little saviour's defence aura stack? That's pretty damn powerful if so  :o

Yup, they stack. Carry 2 Little Saviors, 1 Outworn Buckler and Redfield (Harbinger aura) with you and your front line has the equivalent of +18 to all defenses. Use the Executioner's Hood on top of that (Fear Aura) and you'll have the equivalent of +28 to all defenses.  

Edit: If it comes to weapons, everything stacks. There is no suppression when we think about weapon enchantments. Two Whispers of Yenwood would give you +4 CON, two Godansthunyr would give you +2 MIG. What does not stack are afflictions caused by weapons - like two times prone or prone+stun or disorienting (at least not any more). Those suppress themselves. That's the only exception I know of. Even wounding (Tidefall, Drawn in Spring, Persistence) stacks.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Okay that's pretty crazy.

Would you rate double Bittercut better than double Drawn in Spring?

I think that such a decision might be situational.  A melee ranger with a pet with the Predator's Sense ability would value the DoT effect of the Dawn in Spring dagger.  OTOH, doubling Bittercut is also going to mean that you've doubled the Poison defense penalty.  However, if one is intending to have Devil of Caroc use a pair of Bittercuts, that Poison penalty is moot since she's immune to poison.

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 1

Remenber Azzuro can sell same item more than 1 time. You can use a saved game before Azzuro proc and in each time can change the item, (I pick with this system all item for pure collecting :grin: )

Edited by Aranduin

"I'm playing a half-ettin, half-Marilith Eldricht Knight. He has 2 heads, six arms so I can use 6 weapons, 3 bracer pairs, 6 rings, 2 necklaces, 2 helms. Unfortunately as I have no legs, my dungeon master say I cannot use boots. He's so mean !"

• Like 3

"I'm playing a half-ettin, half-Marilith Eldricht Knight. He has 2 heads, six arms so I can use 6 weapons, 3 bracer pairs, 6 rings, 2 necklaces, 2 helms. Unfortunately as I have no legs, my dungeon master say I cannot use boots. He's so mean !"

Use polimorph spell and you have legs for the boots.

"I'm polymophing into a Dire Centiped.

- That's lame.

- Nope. Now I can wear 100 magical pairs of boots now !

And while you are dressing the 50th pair the transformation expires !

That's why a bunch of peasants followers are essential for this build.

"Equip your centiped Lord for battle !"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried a barb with 2 we toki battle axes? Seems like a dual wielding, durgan steel enchanted we toki wielding barbarian would be interesting. Or is it one of those things that sound good in theory but is not great in practice?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Surely it would make a difference? You are not inflicting prone with the shield? Also I'd imagine that the dps will be substantially higher. Bash just seems subpar to me.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Surely it would make a difference? You are not inflicting prone with the shield? Also I'd imagine that the dps will be substantially higher. Bash just seems subpar to me.

You don't need to use a shield with bash. Though it is harder to reach zero recovery with a single weapon, it will attack just as often as two weapons if you do. The advantage is the huge shield deflection (and reflex) boost and enchantments and not having to use the wax. A legendary little savior, for example, provides 34 deflection/reflex and 5 will/fort, as well as +50 defense when prone/stunned. I would say that is worth 20% attack speed that can be found elsewhere.

The main disadvantage is that full attack abilities are less good. Also, you lose the multicative benefits of double speed weapons. There is no "speed enchantment" for shields making it hard to reach the high speeds without full commitment. Some classes might not be able to do it at all.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 2

You can reach 0 Rec with One Handed Weapon ( Without Speed Enchantment ) and Shield while using DAoM Potion (1.5 ) , Durgan Enchant on Weapon and Shield ( 1.15 & 1.15 ) , Gloves of Swift action ( another 1.15 ) and have for some decent armor left 

• Like 1

Also, you lose the multicative benefits of double speed weapons. There is no "speed enchantment" for shields making it hard to reach the high speeds without full commitment. Some classes might not be able to do it at all.

The tests do show that speed enchantment on a weapon, does affect only that hand/weapon.

Also durgan-refined shield does provide extra 15% to the main hand.

The main benefit of DW is that you already start with a 50% bonus, and have access to Two-Handed Style talent. Which might be important in the early-mid game, before you could durganize the equipment.

• Like 1