Best item to use the Helwax Mold on? (Spoilers probably)

Is this quest hard to get or am I just unlucky? In my current run I got it as my second random generated stronghold quest, so I'm happy about that. Trying out Boerer's Bilestomper and I got the Diving Helmet on my first random quest, and the Wax mold on the second :).

But the other runs I've done (three or so I guess?) I either didn't get it at all or got it extremely late in my game. 

Sure. You can get Cladhaliath after Act II, when you travel to Twin Elms, even if you didn't join the Dozens. The dungeon is open for everybody then.

Maybe you can get Shame or Glory if you kill Clyver (head of the Cr. Knights). That would mean that you don't have to joind the Knights. Since you can also kill Wenan (head of the Dozens) in order to get Cloudpiercer that might work, but I never tried it with Clyver. If it works you could actually get Cladhaliath + Shame or Glory while joining house Doemenel.

Man.... I never realized that questline opened up for all in act III. I always thought you needed to side with the Dozens to get the spear.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

You need to roll into the prestige range for a grand on a quest starting stronghold turn:

2d50+Prestige > 25 minor 2d50+Prestige > 50 avg 2d50+Prestige > 75 major 2d50+Prestige > 100 grand 2d50+Prestige > 125 legendary

If you are gunning for lower tier items, be careful not to overshoot too fast. I've done this and had to let stronghold attacks destroy my upgrades then rebuild them.

You need to roll into the prestige range for a grand on a quest starting stronghold turn:

2d50+Prestige > 25 minor 2d50+Prestige > 50 avg 2d50+Prestige > 75 major 2d50+Prestige > 100 grand 2d50+Prestige > 125 legendary

If you are gunning for lower tier items, be careful not to overshoot too fast. I've done this and had to let stronghold attacks destroy my upgrades then rebuild them.

Interesting. I didn't realize it worked that way. Thanks for that. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...