NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

It seems like Osweiler knew he would always have to live up to the legacy of Manning, and that is a tough spot to be in. Houston, on the other hand, hasn't really had any good QB's ever.

When your team's best QB ever is Matt Schaub...

Point taken.

I love the spin control coming out of Denver and their fanboys.  The sour grapes ooze off of them. 'We didn't really want him anyways". YOU KIDDING RIGHT? You   bullied your HOF QB into retirement to make room for Osweiler.  You offered the guy a heck of a lot of money (only 2mil less than the Houston offer). People claim they 'let' him go. No, they didn't. He CHOSE to leave b/c he looked at Denver  and said screw the crap.  Denver's D is great but the chances of them winning again is almost nil. Then again, Houston's is even less. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, because a WHOLE 2 mil made that big of a difference.   He left because he was butthurt over them benching him in G16 for a HOFer. That's why he left. Saying 'it was just money' is just spin.

I'd say Osweiler followed the money more than anything else

I don't know, it sounds like he cut off communication pretty early.  If it was just the money, he probably would have leveraged the offers off one another.

The Osweiler move is baffling. Holding both roasters up and comparing the two, Huston seems like a lateral move. Maybe Elway has an unexpected twist coming in the draft and Osweiler was in the know?

Garrett Grayson wanted to go to the Broncos before the Saints drafted him and the Saints just gave Luke McCown a two year deal. I guess he's going to get traded as the B option to Denver. B option to Fitzpatrick, mebbe?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Can't believe we picked up Sanchez

Dirty

well, as an experienced backup qb, sanchez is a decent acquisition.  shady knows more than most that starting nfl qbs rare make it through an nfl season w/o incident. the thing is, with fitzpatrick seeming no longer an option, as a bronco fan, am not sure who we would actual be enthusiastic seeing as next year's starter... given the options available.  the remaining free agent pool isn't exactly deep with quarterbacks.  the draft?   lynch, cook and hackenberg are early round guys that the broncos have a shot at and they all have positives and negatives.  am not sure if lynch were ever under center in college and all three o' the guys we mentioned have question marks related to accuracy.  

it would kinda suck if sanchez became the broncos starter by default.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps we all knew that eric weddle's time in san diego were over once the chargers put him on ir... in spite o' the fact that weddle seemed healthy.  dunno.  so many nfl teams is mired in 1980s complaceny when it comes to certain positions.  you can always wait til late rounds o' the draft to pick up a competent offensive guard or safety, yes?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

as a bronco fan, am not sure who we would actual be enthusiastic seeing as next year's starter...

HA! Good Fun!

Is this true, I've never been able to suss a bias. 

Gromnir is not a broncos fan.  if we were a broncos fan, we would be equal scared o' the prospect o' mark sanchez or colin kaepernick being our starting qb this coming fall. apologies.  we were placing our self in shady's shoes.  

am hopeful that shady is also a magnanni man.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

kaepernick is a classic gm/coach killer.  am figuring one or two more teams will give him a shot based on his physical gifts and the promise o' his early career.

is understandable why elway feels empathy for kaepernick-- a young nfl qb with a strong arm and incredible athleticism is taking heat 'cause o' his attitude problems... problems often linked to his public admission that he don't wanna play for particular teams.  since becoming gm in denver, elway's qb instincts has been a seeming benefit.  running tebow outta town were not popular at the time, but it were the right call. acquiring an old manning who were recovering from serious injuries were a questionable decision in 2012, but it paid dividends.  

could kaepernick have a second career in denver?  it could happen, but the more common result o' taking chances on gifted young qbs who has already failed once is that they will fail again.  am trying to think o' the bag o' money we could justify as trade value for kaepernick.  ziploc sandwich bag full o' money?  old lady change purse? as much as this fella can fit in his cheeks

article-2170837-13FCCACC000005DC-852_634

anything more than the peanuts zippy is trying to hoard strikes us as wasteful.

HA! Good Fun!

I would love to see Dallas take Ezekiel Elliot but 4 is too high for an RB and he'll be long gone by the second round. Jalen Ramsey would be nice for a defense with a lot of holes.

elliot could slide... or not. 

after the combine, more than a few teams leaked that elliot were a terrible interview.  sometimes such rumors is little more than a cheap attempt to drop the value o' a player in the hopes that he will linger a couple spots.  if you pick at 9 or 10 and you think a player may be gone at 8, you got some motivation to drive down a player's stock.  is cheap, but it happens. 'course sometimes you see a player have their draft selection go into free-fall mode and as often as not is 'cause o' genuine  concerns 'bout a player's mental hardware. 

also, ramsey's stock has been rising o' late... am not particular sure why.  regardless, ramsey may not be available at 4.  bosa, however, might be.  is another ohio state player who is likely to lose some money (nobody is gonna weep for bosa if he slips from original 1-2 guestimates to 4-5) over concerns largely unrelated to performance on the field.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

I uh, tip-toed over to the Ravens' page, just to see. It was creepy and purple, but mostly positive for Weddle. 

Saw the term 'logjam' describing Baltimore's safety corps. And the main video comment doofus said Eric's beard is the best in the league. It was, but he shaved six weeks ago. 

Pretty handsome for a defensive player. Good luck, Eric!

nobeard_zpsw9gai1pi.png

All Stop. On Screen.

Tray Walker, CB for the Ravens, passed away today due to a horrific motorcycle accident from a day or two ago, may he rest in peace. From what I heard, the accident was in no way his fault, but he was not wearing a helmet at the time, which may or may not have saved his life if he had been. Regardless, still very unfortunate.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I didn't have full details of the incident when I said "not his fault". That sounds like a very significant part of his fault. Still horrible, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Uh...except this wasn't a crime purposely committed by one person against another person, it was a completely preventable accident. What, the person who ran over and killed Tray because Tray wasn't exercising proper safety precautions (and common sense) isn't a victim, either? They're probably traumatized for life because of the guy's foolishness. I feel terrible for all parties involved, and nobody deserved anything to happen to them...but something did happen, and there are fairly obvious reasons as to how that something did happen to occur. That's reality...and it's not "blaming the victim", either - blaming the victim would be saying Tray deserved to die, or that he deserved to be run over. I don't think anyone deserved anything to happen to them - just like I don't believe you deserve to be robbed because you left your doors unlocked. It was a horrible accident...but that doesn't mean there aren't reasons as to how it managed to occur.

Edited by Bartimaeus

"it was a completely preventable accident. What, the person who ran over and killed Tray because Tray wasn't exercising proper safety precautions (and common sense) isn't a victim, either?"

Who died? And, him wearing a helmet wouldn't PREVENT the accident? Your logic doesn't eve make sense. How do helemts PREVENT accidents? COME ON.

"They're probably traumatized for life because of the guy's foolishness."

Oh, come on. Stop with the lame 'my feelz' are more important than someone else's life. DISGUSTING.