NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

the nflpa gave the commissioner power over discipline and in exchange they got concessions from the owners. to complain that the commissioner then used the power to discipline is ridiculous.

Why? If the commissioner "then used the power to discipline" poorly, bad terrible awfully and inappropriately, of course I expect the NFLPA (and other fans of football) to complain.

can you imagine how hurlshot's teachers union woulda reacted if his reps had presented them a deal whereby teachers would allow individual school superintendents to have carte blanche over matters o' discipline?  you think hurl woulda been in favor o' such an offer just so long as drug testing standards were reduced?  'course not.  you think hurl gots more powerful representation than NFL players? how many o' us would sympathize with hurl if his union had negotiated such a deal?

I would say most of us, assuming Hurlshot wasn't the one to personally negotiate the terrible deal himself, or assuming that the Teachers Union was unaware of how poorly the school would handle their responsibilities. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that there should be no reasonable expectations of competency or fairness. That's generally not how a good working relationship (business or otherwise) works. By my estimation, the commissioner is clearly not performing that part of the job with either of those.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

*chuckle*

the discipline handed down by the commissioner would be considered tame and extreme lax in any industry save entertainment and sports.  the commissioner has also been consistent, which is actual a rare and admirable quality.  sure, we thinks just 'cause somebody is truthful 'bout their indiscretions it should not result in absolution. am not a fan o' the commissioner, but our problem with him is that he has been too forgiving and not that he has been unfair.  the evil commissioner demands honesty from those who play in the nfl?  that is only unfair 'cause it is an alien concept to nfl players.  

and 'course hurl wouldn't have been the one to personal negotiate.  that is the point o' having unions for chrissakes.  the nflpa and the teacher's organization negotiate on the behalf o' individual members, and then the members Vote on whether to accept or reject the negotiated deal.  nfl players negotiated and received numerous concessions.  the players got what they bargained for, so why shouldn't the owners get what they paid for?  owners gave up olympic-standard testing and numerous other demands.  owners got a commissioner who could actual hold players and teams accountable.  if owners can't have the commissioner as they negotiated, what then should the players need sacrifice?

silliness.

aside, but related

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636100-laremy-tunsil-sued-by-stepfather-over-june-domestic-violence-incident

a couple months ago and most folks assumed that tunsil would be the #1 pick-- were the obvious choice at #1 for the titans.  is now a question regarding how far tunsil will drop... but he will be drafted and drafted early.   

the owners largely got their hands tied behind their backs insofar as drug testing is concerned.  try and discipline players and teams must be a challenging task.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 28s28 seconds ago

Sound Paxton Lynch alert: CLEV and DAL have inquired about trading back into back part of first round, per sources. Let's see if it heats up

****ing Jerruh already startin'. Where you at, Stephen? You're supposed to get the business done early or else this happens.

• Like 1

If Dallas picks Paxton Lynch in the 1st round I'm going to eat 6 straight meals at Taco Bell then **** in a bag and mail it to Jerruh.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To no one's surprise, Goff goes 1st and Wentz does 2nd.  The first surprise of the night is Bosa going at #3 to the Rams (I have it on good authority that he's planning to celebrate by doing lines off a hooker's ass :p ), which is perfect since it still leaves Buckner on the table for the Boys.  Come on Stephen, lock Jerruh in a closet, chloroform him, do whatever it takes to pick Buckner here.  Pleas God no Zeke.  Please God no Paxton.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

But for real though, I don't like the pick for the Chargers. Maybe they'll take a tackle, which I think they should have done here, but they better be thinking about their division. Broncos - good pass rush, - Raiders - good pass rush, Chiefs - good pass rush.

Oh God, Jerruh is on the phone...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  They took Zeke. 

The initial reaction:

giphy.gif

5 minutes later:

watchingsadly.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I understand they're trying to recreate 2014, but you need help on defense NOW. You had a 1,000 ****ing yard season from the corpse of Mcfadden. How can you ignore that? Stay losing, Jerry. I'll be glad once Stephen finally takes over the business. 

well, at least the cowboys learned from past mistakes and drafted a consummate team player with great character.

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/03/some-not-so-good-rumors-about-ezekiel-elliotts-drug-habits-are-making-the-rounds-now/

etc.

elliott is a very good rb, but rb were not a high need position for dallas.  de or safety were obvious needs.  am also wary o' another dallas addition with questionable character.

fun draft though.  not following predictions, and as we noted earlier in the thread, is hard to complete screw the p00ch this year as the first round grades is relative flat. short o' injuries and complete character busts, we thinks that as long as teams draft needs, they will do okie dokie.  for example, chargers taking bosa were a surprise and they had greater needs than de, but most scouts were extreme high (no pun considering the mj rumors) on bosa.

HA! Good Fun!

ps  bears pick were the first boom v. bust choice for us in this draft.  tweener de/olb with questionable instincts and bad strength.  he gots pass rusher measurables and took over a few sec big games, but he also got eliminated by average players and schemes. leonard floyd is a gamble and we think it is a coin toss as to whether he becomes a pro bowl pass rusher, or is outta the league in 4 years.  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Zeke is a damn good RB, but the Cowboys have FAR larger concerns than RB.

In other news, Tunsil is in a free fall down the draftboard.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Laremy "Phat Bong Rip" Tunsil goes #13 to the Dolphins.  This might wind up being the steal of the draft.  That said, Miami, more specifically Miami's crazy nightlife, might not be the best fit for him.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Tampa trades down to get an extra 4th round pick from the Bears and still get the player they would have taken anyway. Nice move!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tampa trades down to get an extra 4th round pick from the Bears and still get the player they would have taken anyway. Nice move!

Yeah that was a good move.  They traded down and still got a better CB than the G-Men who picked just ahead of them.

We're in the second half of the first round.  We have entered overpay for Paxton Lynch territory.  Don't you do it, Jerruh.  Please Jerruh, don't do it!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wow, so we need to protect Andrew Luck? Great pick, Indy.

Edit: People already comparing Ramsey to Kam. ****. I see the similarities, too. I see it too...

Edit: Someone please take Myles Jack. I feel sorry for him that he got injured but dude is legit.

Edited by Inyourprime