Weekend Programmer #3

hey can you plz answer me question because i registered jus to send it lol

i noticed that wen the player was walking outside the ground vegetation would appear around him as he walked to different locations as if their was a constant circle of vegetation nearbye but as the player ran about it wuld move with you and you could see the landscape the player was running towards become vegetated this seemed noticeable and annoying, in kotor1 i didnt notice it at all but its easy to spot in telos flyby movie is this going to be changed or worked on thx

if you had trouble understanding my niggle im sorry i had a lot of trouble trying to explain my question

The grass is the same as in original. When viewed from above, like in the flyby, it is easier to notice the grass popping in because you have a greater view distance. Don't worry, it is hard to notice when actually playing.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

What up Darth Taylor?

Forgive me if this piece of information has already been let slip out but in any case thanks for once again taking the time out to speak to the community.

On with my question: I assume there will be no dice rolls for attributes. Can you shed light on whether it will it be weighted (like in the original) or non-weighted point buy?

Character generation is similar to the original - we are still using the weighted point buy system.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Will the NPC's react differently depending on your allignment this time? I mean in KotOR you could be dressed head to toe in black, ashen white, with a red lightsaber and a bad assed attitude and nobody seemed to notice a thing, sorry if this has been asked before but is this going to be rectified in TSL?

Will the NPC's react differently depending on your allignment this time? I mean in KotOR you could be dressed head to toe in black, ashen white, with a red lightsaber and a bad assed attitude and nobody seemed to notice a thing, sorry if this has been asked before but is this going to be rectified in TSL?

It has. And yes they do.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

1. During battle if I wanted to start with a buff (with like a sheild) I couldn't stack moves. I would have to start with an attck, then delete that move and put in the buff to stack moves. Has this been addressed?

2. In KOTOR my level 18 consular reached over 500 force points (with master valor), if this game goes to character level 40, what am I going to do with like 1000 force points?

On with my question: I assume there will be no dice rolls for attributes. Can you shed light on whether it will it be weighted (like in the original) or non-weighted point buy?

It will be the same as in the first one when it comes to attribute point spending.

Wow. I finally caught Akari on one of his weekend work days!

Anyhow, time for my only question: Will the PC-version of KotOR 2 have real mouse-look this time, instead of that horizontal mouselook from the first game?

Hm... right now, mouse look seems to behave with the horizontal-lock like in the first game. Are you saying that you'd want to be able to look up and down with it in that mode as well? I can put that on my list of things to check out, but there's a lot of things that are higher priority that I have to do first.

-Akari

1) Is anything being done to make the single-saber path (with Dueling) more worthwhile? I mean, as opposed to dual-wielding or using a double-ended saber. And other than the x1.5 str bonus to damage (not too much of a factor, but it helps).

2) When can we get more information on prestige classes? Even one piece of info for each class now would make me a very happy little boy.

3) Even if they're not in the original version, do you think we can expect/hope for with reasonable chance for success a patch to the PC version with up/down hoods on robes, and an on/off switch in the options area for the glowy effects when you use attack feats?

4) How many saber styles? Fast/Normal/Strong would be cool, but Crane/Eagle/Wolf/Snake/Tiger/any other naming scheme that gives a ton would be better. :p

5) Have the guns been re-worked to make them cooler?

6) Have more good opportunities for Stealth been included?

7) How's my easter egg coming? :p

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I just like to know what levels is the game aiming for the story ending part.

I'm not sure. While the level cap is a lot higher, I don't think the player is expected to hit the higher levels by simply playing the game. After a certain point, the levels are just there for those who want to keep leveling up. However, a lot of the game's content will scale up with the player's levels, so they may find there are still some challenges even after going to a high level.

Do you know how many total party members will be available in the game? I know we can only have 10 at a time, but how many will we have to choose from?

And can you tell us how many of the characters from KOTOR I are coming back? (Not who, mind you, but how many?)

Thanks.

I can't really comment on any of that.

The IGN video mentions "a deeper Dark and Light Side system." Anything you can say about that we don't already know?

Well, the story is different in a number of ways, and the difference starts earlier than it may have felt like it did in KotOR1. There is also the effects that your Light or Dark side choices have on your companions that make some decisions deeper than they may have been otherwise.

I remember something about 'force jump' in KotOR 1 being intended as a series of very quick leaps and/or sprints. Instead it came out as one big jump, which is obviously less cool. Do the animations of 'force jump' progress with level now as well?

I'm not sure. I know that a number of combat animations do progress, but I don't know if force jump in specific does or not.

Without giving away specific details, will the different planets have a main quest which needs to be 'completed' in the same way as in KOTOR in order to proceed (and in order to trigger in-game events, ala Calo Nord and Darth Bandon)?

Each area will have a critical path through it, sure.

Does the Ebon Hawk have any new features? There were alot of unused rooms.

Or any more 'secrect' compartments?

Or is it still just for transport and the base for 1 of the minigames?

I can't think of any new features off hand, but you will find that your party members are a lot more active on it. Less standing around doing nothing than before.

I just watched the Telos flyby, and I noticed it was...busier, I suppose. Are there sections in The Sith Lords where stuff is happening in the environment? (Like cars buzzing by, or what have you.)

There are sections where stuff is happening in the background environment.

Will there be contrast and gamma settings to compliment the brightness setting? Because, sometimes, it's the problem is not how bright it is; it's just the contrast or gamma. Turning up or down the brightness every once in a while gets annoying.

Right now it's still just the brightness setting. I'm not aware of any plans to change that.

-Akari

Will intelligence be a more useful attribute?  I was thinking of additional dialogue options, maybe make the +1 bonus from a twelve INT actually useful so you don't have to pump into an otherwise useless attribute to get any amount of skill points.

I'm not sure. I know effort was made to make skills more useful, so maybe having more skill points from INT will be more useful as a result? I don't know if it factors into dialog choices.

Will the control scheme stay intact from the original game (e.g. holding both the left and right mouse buttons to move forward)?

The control scheme for navigation hasn't changed.

Are droids visibly upgraded or do they just stay the same as you add better armour etc

They'll stay the same.

1. During battle if I wanted to start with a buff (with like a sheild) I couldn't stack moves.  I would have to start with an attck, then delete that move and put in the buff to stack moves.  Has this been addressed? 

Yeah... I know what you're talking about with that. I'll make a note to myself to look into that when I get time to focus on bugs instead of features (Which will be in about a week).

Care to comment on the December release date mentioned on IGN?

Cheers!

Why do you think I work every weekend? :rolleyes:

Will there be more animations for the weapon flourishing?

All weapon types have flourishes now, both for walking and for standing still, and they're often different when walking.

-Akari

I read in an interview that you guys have tried to talk Lucasarts into making a Knights of the NEW Republic game. What did Lucasarts have to say about this? Did they like the idea or did they want to continue making Kotor games?

And on a side note:

Hypothetically, if Obsidian was to develop

another KOTOR game in the near future,

would you announce it earlier so the

forum-goers can have a greater influence on

the development process? I see a lot of interesting

suggestions here that can't be implemented at this late-stage.

Maybe you guys aren't in charge of that, if so, at least tell me it's

not left up to marketing. :(

I guarentee it would bring a lot more traffic

to these forums. ;)