Weekend Programmer #3

Is the critical hit range of weapons a bit easier for people to just sit down and understand this time? (Like a percentage value or a bar to indicate the chance; rather than 19-20, or something like that.)

Is the critical hit range of weapons a bit easier for people to just sit down and understand this time? (Like a percentage value or a bar to indicate the chance; rather than 19-20, or something like that.)

NOPE. They want us to practice simple arithmetic.

SNEAKY.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm wondering if we can pick an alien race for the PC. I'm leaning towards the Jawa Jedi thing. I mean they've already got the stylin' robes ...  :ph34r:

Its already been stated that the PC will only be human. I forget which thread it was mentioned on but I think it was one of the weekend developer threads.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Okay, I posted this in another thread where it seems unlikely it'll be seen by anyone that cares (at least while this weekend thread is alive at any rate). So I figured I'll try out that multi-quote thing they have going on in this forum:

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else, but I'm too lazy to execute a search  :D . I'm wondering if one of the requirements to become a Jedi Master will be the training of an apprentice to Jedi Knight status. Presumably the Sith would have a similar restriction before attaining the title of Sith Master.

If that's the case it would be entertaining to take on a padawan and train them to pass the trials. The interaction with an NPC apprentice could add considerable depth to the game. I have to admit, I found Episode I's most enjoyable moments

to be when Qui Gon (sp?) and Obi-wan (sp?) were in action (or even just talking) together.

In fact, the other side of the coin could be just as entertaining. SWKotOR had that training session but it was too short for my tastes. Being a Jedi apprentice with no master kind of sucked (although that short narrative and the conversations with the Masters on the council were enjoyable enough).

Which brings up something else, I thought Padawan=apprentice?  :( Aren't they supposed to award you the title of "Jedi Knight"  ;) after you pass the trials? Someone's gonna mention some kind of source material or junk <_< , but I don't buy that 4000 yrs routine. After all, the Jedi have been around for at least 25 000 yrs (I'm guessing it was considerably longer, considering they were Defenders of the Republic for 1000 generations). And the fundamentals behind their order wouldn't seem likely to change over the course of several thousand years considering that Jedi living 800+ years isn't unheard of  ;) (you'd figure there's at least a couple of those Yoda-types at any point in the last 25 000 yrs, otherwise we wouldn't likely have Yoda in the SW movies  ;) ).

On a tangent, Jedi get the Jedi Knight title after passing the trials, but the Sith seem to jump to Dark Lord (or Darth?) of the Sith.

Oh one other thing. It's been stated that the PC starts off as a Jedi, I'm guessing we start off as an apprentice prior to taking on the trials. If that's the case, I wonder who our master will be? I wouldn't mind being a padawan to Master Vandar. Heck, I'd settle for being an apprentice to that antagonistic fellow on the Jedi Council (his name escapes me at the moment, but he was the one that was unusually hostile to the PC in SWKotOR - although we find out later why). Actually, I think the opportunity for some humour would result with that kind of pairing.

Which brings up another question. Will we be seeing any of the council members? I suppose at the beginning of the game, we'll find out how many of the Jedi on the Council survived (I'm hoping all of them, that Twi-lek (sp?) Jedi Master was pretty cool).

Sorry I didn't have much time to answer questions today. But I'll be back in tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes then. :( When I reopen it, I'll start with the stuff that's already been asked and go from there.

-Akari

1) Is anything being done to make the single-saber path (with Dueling) more worthwhile? I mean, as opposed to dual-wielding or using a double-ended saber. And other than the x1.5 str bonus to damage (not too much of a factor, but it helps).

I'm not sure. I have a feeling it's the same as before.

2) When can we get more information on prestige classes?  Even one piece of info for each class now would make me a very happy little boy.

If I knew much about them, I'd share a tidbit or two, but I honestly don't.

3) Even if they're not in the original version, do you think we can expect/hope for with reasonable chance for success a patch to the PC version with up/down hoods on robes, and an on/off switch in the options area for the glowy effects when you use attack feats?

I wouldn't count on it. But anything's possible, I guess. :)

4) How many saber styles?  Fast/Normal/Strong would be cool, but Crane/Eagle/Wolf/Snake/Tiger/any other naming scheme that gives a ton would be better.  :p

There's more than 5. And some are class specific.

5) Have the guns been re-worked to make them cooler?

A lot of work has been done on that front. Hopefully you like them. :)

6) Have more good opportunities for Stealth been included?

I know early on one of the designers asked me to implement a way to have certain cutscenes only trigger while you were stealthed (like you overhear something you wouldn't otherwise overhear). But I don't know specifically what is being done with that.

7) How's my easter egg coming?  ;)

There were some ideas I had for easter eggs, but the word from Lucas Arts is that we're not allowed to put anything like that in. So to avoid incurring executive level wrath, I won't be.

Are there any new character attributes, or do we just have the same bunch?

The same stats from before.

Will Sith tattoos be in the game? Will our character be able to get Sith tats as the game progresses?

Cheers!

Hm. :)

Akari, you mentioned changes to lightsaber customization. What about blaster, melee blade, and armor customization?

Hm... not a lot changed there, I don't think. We've made upgrades do a number of new things that they didn't do before though.

I'm way too lazy to read four pages of posts,

so I'm just going to hope this question is fresh.  ;)

Is Mira's model being altered?  :huh:

Apparently, Lucas Arts has raised some suspicion

by replacing Mira's in-game shot with older concept art... 

What are they trying to pull?

I'm not sure. I know Atton was redone at one point, but I'm not sure if Mira will be.

I read in an interview that you guys have tried to talk Lucasarts into making a Knights of the NEW Republic game. What did Lucasarts have to say about this? Did they like the idea or did they want to continue making Kotor games?

Can't really say anything about that.

Akari,

don't you agree atris would look better with electric blue eyes?  :lol:

:wub:

It's going to use the same numbering system. I admit that's not the easiest system to represent it with, but no plans were made to change that.

-Akari

Guest Fallen Jedi

I we play as lightsiders will we get a golden ring (like angels have) floating over our heads as the game progresses? ^_^ :p

You mean a Halo, right? :p

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Akari is so smart!

post-1139-1093203751.gif We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Will we be able to choose what color our lightsaber is. I knnow we'll be able to change the color crystals but if I start off as a sentinel, will my char's lightsaber(the one the order took from him when he left then Jedi) be yellow when I get it "back" or if I answer the questions Atton or whoever asks can it be blue or green.

Im not shure if this has been asked before but will each new class have a special something as in  force powers, feats whatever and if so could drop me a hint

On his lone post on this page:

2) When can we get more information on prestige classes?  Even one piece of info for each class now would make me a very happy little boy.

If I knew much about them, I'd share a tidbit or two, but I honestly don't.

How's the PC interface coming along? Does it actually feel like a PC game now?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but do you know how many lines of dialog there are in K2? I know it will probably change from now and when the game comes out, but I was wondering if it's more than the 12,000 lines BioWare boasted about before K1 came out.