Azzuro the merchant

odd.  am being informed that azzuro is at our stronghold for 7 days and 19 hours, but apparently he has nothing to sell. weird.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

odd.  am being informed that azzuro is at our stronghold for 7 days and 19 hours, but apparently he has nothing to sell. weird.

HA! Good Fun!

This keeps happening to me. In fact, just now I got a message that said, "He was almost set upon by brigades, but your patrols intervened."

He who??? I looked and it showed Azzuro at my stronghold. Nothing to sell, no points, and I can't physically find him in the stronghold anywhere. Second time this has happened. He's just hangin' out, eatin' my food. I guess.

Have you considered that Azzuro is a merchant, but what he's peddling might be rented out at an hourly rate?  You might not want to purchase the rapier of Azzuro.  <.<

Seriously, though, I always thought that I got those messages when I was enroute somewhere and he came and went before I could buy his loot.  That's irritating because one of my idiosyncracies is that I like to collect every unique item I can find and he sells unique items.

bother?

Still the same.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I've got to ask. Does this guy actually exist? I've played this game for 148 hours and i've never ever seen him. Wiki says the only requirement for him to come is restored main keep. Could be outdated info though.

am thinking that because more visitor options has been added, your chance to see him has decreased... substantially.  am not certain what modifies the chance o' an azzuro visit, but he is clear in the same pool o' options as random attacks on the keep, prestigious visitors, potential special henchman and those seeking to purchase the release o' prisoners... may be our ill luck, but the tuning for the prisoner release opportunities appears a bit too frequent compared to other options.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No, higher security should also prevent visitors from being chased away from your stronghold, bit the RNG needs to call for them to travel there in the first place. Higher prestige should make more of them come, and better quality. Security should allow them to safely arrive.

bother?

Hey (you bunch of splendiferous gamers)

Update on this. Azzuro is in the same pool as all the other Prestigious Visitors. And now with the new Stronghold updates you will have to solve Azzuro's Dilemma before he starts to sell items.

1. Random event roll to get a Prestigious Visitor (This is rolled as time passes and can result in; Attacks, Visitors, etc..)

2. Random roll to see which Visitor

3. Azzuro shows up

4. Complete his Dilemma

5. Azzuro will now show up to sell items  :w00t:

Tip: Complete every Dilemma as soon as they show up. So you do not keep getting the same Visitors, instead of the all favored Azzuro

I got your backs

-Sking

• Like 4

seems to confirm what we thought.  during a pre wm completionist run, we mighta seen azzuro 4 or 5 times... w/o trying to game the game.  typical game for us would see us get to almost 120 turns (edit: ~120 before starting final burial isle run.) wm adds content, but it seems clear that as the opportunities for other stronghold events has increased, if only 'cause is more options, the chances o' getting an azzuro initial or follow-up visit has decreased. do everything to maximize the stronghold and don't get even the first azzuro dilemma til turn +75?

*shrug*

is a bonus thing, so no biggie we s'pose.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Just to confirm, there isn't a special way to complete his dilemma is there? I presume there is a money related option that would have been present if I had the gold, however I didn't so I went for the saying people should open supply lines.

This isn't going to make him irritated is it, so he won't show up and trade? I've kept a save before he showed up in case this is the case and I need to go and get more funds.

Took about an hour to get the guy to show up, me having a fully upgraded Caed Nua. Random event rolls are completely random every time (sounds like a stupid thing to say, but what I mean is if you save near the bed in Bright Hollow the rolls don't become fixed upon saving in a certain area, if that makes sense), so just save by the bed in Bright Hollow and get ready for the ride of your life as you ceaselessly rest again and again and again. It helps if you have a good amount of gold for your security's wages.

Not sure what turn I am (it's not on the the stronghold feed with me chain resting so much, and I don't know what other way to check it) but I've only done about half the Defiance Bay side quests and only the first Defiance Bay main quest, so presumably not too high a turn.

Edited by Jojobobo

• 3 weeks later...

What if Azzurro didn't show at all after 150 hours of play? I started my recent playthrough (third approach, that I continue at last before something change dramatically and I will need to throw it away again :p) somewhere around first DLC, maybe after it was released. My Stronghold has 51 Prestige and 43 Defense and all upgrades built. Other prestigious visitors are a very rare thing (since the beginning) they maybe appeared 4-5 times starting from 20+ prestige. I always do every tasks that appear in Stronghold, never saw something from Azurro..

Here is my save:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/89hn9q

Why wouldn't you sell unique items that you don't need? First of all too many items in the stash slow down the sorting a lot. Then it's a little bit odd (speaking about roleplaying) that you carry hundrets of items with you which you don't need/use. You could place them in your treasury if they are kind of trophies for you.

Hey! I have a sweet stronghold, I need to decorate it with something, and adventuring doesn't provide me with many opportunities to obtain fancy paintings so I go with spare weapons.

Not sure, but you can console his items and pretend you bought them :p

As of 3.0, he will show up with a dilemma (same chance as to get any other visitor with a dilemma) you need to solve before he starts randomly showing up with something to sell. If you plan a build around one of his items, just console it in (Azzuro may show up and offer the same item any number of times; I buy what he sells every time, stash it, and console in what I want after his first visit if it wasn't what he sold.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

32. Stronghold Related

ActivateStronghold - if you don't have a stronghold yet, you can activate it like this

StrongholdBuildAll

StrongholdBuild type - all types are listed here: link

StrongholdDestroy type

StrongholdForceAdventure type - adventure types are listed here: link

StrongholdForceBadVisitor

StrongholdForceKidnapping

StrongholdForcePayHirelings

StrongholdForcePrisonBreak

StrongholdForceSpawnIngredients

StrongholdForceVisitor index - a number ranging from 0 to I don't know

StrongholdForceAttack index - same

AdjustSecurity int - can be a positive or a negative number

AdjustPrestige int - can be a positive or a negative number

AdvanceTimeByHour int

Are the console commands, in the old version. It's probably listed under visitor, but I don't have the list of numbers for it.

• Like 1

The problem with Azzurro is that his "random" items always seem to cycle through the same 2 or 3 items for me.  In all the playthru's of PoE I've done, I don't think that I've EVER seen Hiro's Mantle being sold!  I always see Wurmwull, over and over and over again, even when I've bought it in hopes of preventing it from being seen again.  (Doesn't work.)

The fix to this is simple.  Like I said above, just attach a "store" to Azzurro with all of his items in that store.  Problem solved.  You get to see all of his items, and it should end the repeating of items that have already been bought.

• Like 2

Is activating the console still causing the achievements to be disabled for game? : 3

pro tip.

Yes, unless you're using the IE Mod. In that case, you can cheat without typing "IRoll20s."

You could launch the game with the mod to cheat, then revert to vanilla for playing (the current iteration of the mod is unstable and causes crashes during combat.)

Can anyone confirm, there actually seem to be two azuro events? Sometime I get a message and he has something for sale, at others I just get him as a visitor giving prestige but he isn't anywhere in the keep nor is there any quest or item avaliable from him.