The drinking thread

ShadySands

Tried a new whiskey, Old Camp, developed by two dudes from Florida and Georgia and some line. 

Was okay neat, slightly better with a cube. In the end, tonight's episode of Supergirl was the best television I'd ever seen--Kevin Sorbo and Teri Hatcher upcoming teaser roles notwithstanding.

All Stop. On Screen.

I drank a lot of spiced rum and a little bit of vodka.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Watched Logan with my BFF then to his house for a toast to Wolverine.

On the rocks, pretty amazing aroma and flavor.  

malahat_zpsmszibmwc.png

pff spiced rum is not a rum

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Drinking some "Barceló" rum, it's pretty nice, one of the few liqours that I can drink pure.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ha, we have plenty of dulce de leche where I live (Argentina), and I have to admit, I don't like it too much myself. :D Too sweet for my tastes.

Lol, just yesterday I was bemoaning to my local gas station cashier the fact that I cant find it at either of the two grocery stores I shop at. She told me it was available at a different store so Ill see if I can overcome my inertia and go there and buy some.

dBP7OOf.jpg

Polish beer with a very strong honey taste.  It's not just a hint of honey, they honey dominates the taste.  Interestingly, while it's sweeter than most beers, it's not overly sweet.  Not something I would drink regularly, as I generally prefer hoppy lagers, but it's got a really pleasant taste I will enjoy from time to time.  Very easy drinking and with a strong flavor.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Polish beer with a very strong honey taste.  It's not just a hint of honey, they honey dominates the taste.  Interestingly, while it's sweeter than most beers, it's not overly sweet.  Not something I would drink regularly, as I generally prefer hoppy lagers, but it's got a really pleasant taste I will enjoy from time to time.  Very easy drinking and with a strong flavor.

I had some mead once, and it was one of the most vile things I've ever drank. I generally like sweet stuff, but this was just... eugh. I'm going to see if I can get a couple of flasks of this delivered to me.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My neighbor went to Cancun and came back with a story of how the resort was selling three types of tequila. Apparently there is a "sipping tequila", "shooting tequila" and "mixing tequila". He went with a bottle of the "sipping tequila" and we were all pumped about getting blotto, and then reality came crashing down on me. I googled up to proper way to enjoy "sipping tequila" and one is to; take a sip, swirl it around in your mouth for 5-7 seconds to let the flavors blossom, then swallow. Maybe I'm just a "shooting and mixing tequila" kind of guy but the experience of swirling the tequila in my mouth almost made me vomit. Then we figured chilling the bottle in the freezer would help...no luck. It was awful. I better just stick to shooting Petron.