The drinking thread

ShadySands

Thanks, I'll try the Four Roses ... the spicier the rightier. I just learned a few minutes ago, that ice is the anti-spice ... my fancy new ice sphere molds are cool, but completely kill the flavor and aroma. The good news is I haven't begun shouting at kids to get off my lawn yet. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

My wife got my ice ball molds but I don't use them unless I'm making an old fashioned or something. I like my liquor neat for the most part and if I want it chilled then I'll just throw it in the freezer instead of adding ice. 

That usually only happens for vodka though since I like bourbon, tequila, and scotch at room temp

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I use steel ice cubes now. They work great and don't dilute your drink. They don't float or make that wonderful soft clink that ice makes in your glass... but there have to be some trade offs.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Trying a couple new things, waiting for the Rogue One trailer ... a 'light whiskey', or 'un-aged' spirit. High West Silver Whiskey Western Oat, is the long name. No color whatsoever, which tricks your mind, but it's not harsh or unfriendly. Pretty neat sip.

The other is local brewer Modern Times' Fruitlands, described as a sour tropical fruit gose beer ... sour, salty base beer with passion fruit and guava. So good I have a new favorite genre of beverage.

All Stop. On Screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some acmella oleracea buds to add to some mixed drinks to spice things up a bit

I've got a few recipes in mind

PS really craving a can of cactus cooler but don't know where I could get it out here. Going to check drink delivery sites

Edited by ShadySands

I made my own version of the purple nurple

tequila

orange liqueur

blue curacao

cherry 7up

Didn't pay much mind to the portions but this post is getting hazier and hazier with each keystroke. I must have leaned pretty heavily on that tequila

Tell my wife I love her

...and that there never was any pirate gold

• Like 5

I made my own version of the purple nurple

tequila

orange liqueur

blue curacao

cherry 7up

Didn't pay much mind to the portions but this post is getting hazier and hazier with each keystroke. I must have leaned pretty heavily on that tequila

Tell my wife I love her

...and that there never was any pirate gold

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...

Actually this 'American Prairie' blend is maybe lower down on my favorites list. Leaves a bit of a film over the intake valves, and a single ice cube destroys the character. Still decent enough, super groovy bottle, and they donate ten percent to the cause.

https://www.americanprairie.org/profile/high-west-whiskey 

All Stop. On Screen.

• 4 weeks later...

My current favorite beer:

Qjycqhx.jpg

Light body with a medium amount of flavor, hoppy taste, and a hint of malty flavor.  Best as a summer beer, but enjoyable any time of year.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That is a new one to me

Thomas Sowell

It's a Polish beer.  Hofbräu Original is the closest approximation I can think of off the top of my head as far as a beer you might be familiar with.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That looks good. But to write intelligently about it you'll need a sample size of at least a 12 pack.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I should give brewing a try again. Can you believe it is still illegal to make your own whiskey for personal use in the US? Past time that was changed.

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...

Negra Modelo

Negra-01_1.png

Far and away the best Mexican cerveza I've ever had.  It tastes like a German dunkel, a good dunkel at that. Drinks easy with a medium body and a nice caramel taste.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just got home, greeted the pups, dropped my key and laptop on the kitchen table, dropped two ice cubes in a highball glass and poured in three fingers of Kentucky's finest. Not to sit on the porch and watch the sun set.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Mexican beers often get a bad rap, but there are a few decent ones on the market.  Shame they are all owned by Anheuser Busch and Heineken.  Once upon a time I drank a lot of Victoria during Spring Break.   :p

There is a craft beer scene in Mexico though.  It's just hard to find abroad.    

• Like 1