European Refugee Crisis

BruceVC

@Bruce, are you sure you have your statistic right? I mean... 1,300 rapes per day is like nearly 475,000 rapes a year.... do you even have women who were never raped? what's the population in SA?

http://rapecrisis.org.za/rape-in-south-africa/

According to the stats its actually higher ...but I would very happy if it was less 

We have about 50 million people 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So i pulled out some Police statistics 

Which, of course, means these are the reported numbers, and given that rape is one of the most underreported crimes...

Yes, but this is relevant for every country, so if you are comparing official data with official data 

I wasn't aware we were doing that.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Northern France - Roubaix - armed men took hostages, gunfire reported.

Seems to be a bank manager and his family are hostages at their home. Most likely robbers with an incredible bad sense of timing.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

@Bruce, are you sure you have your statistic right? I mean... 1,300 rapes per day is like nearly 475,000 rapes a year.... do you even have women who were never raped? what's the population in SA?

According to the stats its actually higher ...but I would very happy if it was less 

I am sorry, but what the actual F...?!

WOW... I am speechless... with the rates we had it should be around 1,800 cases PER YEAR!!! There is something fundamently wrong in your region... and I am willing to assign it to the native populace... WOW.... just WOW....

So i pulled out some Police statistics 

Which, of course, means these are the reported numbers, and given that rape is one of the most underreported crimes...

Yes, but this is relevant for every country, so if you are comparing official data with official data 

I wasn't aware we were doing that.

I'm interested in Hungary's rape stats, I imagine they high as well ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am sorry, but what the actual F...?!

WOW... I am speechless... with the rates we had it should be around 1,800 cases PER YEAR!!! There is something fundamently wrong in your region... and I am willing to assign it to the native populace... WOW.... just WOW....

I know, its not something that makes you feel good..but we are the rape capital of the world

Thats why I said earlier , we all become desensitized  to how bad it is...otherwise we would all be miserable  :w00t:

John Milton 

Wow, Bruce, a racist remark has never been delivered in such a well-meaning tone  :lol:

:lol:

Sorry dude...but you know it can't be as bad as South Africa

So you have nothing to feel bad about 

John Milton 

Wow, Bruce, a racist remark has never been delivered in such a well-meaning tone  :lol:

:lol:

Sorry dude...but you know it can't be as bad as South Africa

So you have nothing to feel bad about 

Actually, from a quick googling, the reported number of rapes seems to be amazingly low in Hungary.

Then again, I'm fairly confident people here simply don't consider things more civilized countries acknowledge as rape to be such. I seem to vaguely recall some of our politicians vehemently being opposed to the very idea that marital rape even exists.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Bruce, check your math.  From your source:  In total, 62,649 sexual offences were reported countrywide for that period (2013/2014) .  That's 171 per day and not all of those are rapes.  From another source: Reported cases of rape stabilised, with a slight decrease of 3%, since 2008/9 from 47,588 to 46,253 in 2013/14.   That's 127 per day.   

I think your 1300 figure is based on an estimate of how many rapes go unreported.  The estimate of the number of unreported rapes is the issue - some sources place reported rapes as comprising only 10% of the total which would make your number correct but how do you quantify an unreported occurrence?    If that 10% is accurate, that translates to nearly a half a million rapes per year.  That's a staggering number.

Bruce, check your math.  From your source:  In total, 62,649 sexual offences were reported countrywide for that period (2013/2014) .  That's 171 per day and not all of those are rapes.  From another source: Reported cases of rape stabilised, with a slight decrease of 3%, since 2008/9 from 47,588 to 46,253 in 2013/14.   That's 127 per day.   

I think your 1300 figure is based on an estimate of how many rapes go unreported.  The estimate of the number of unreported rapes is the issue - some sources place reported rapes as comprising only 10% of the total which would make your number correct but how do you quantify an unreported occurrence?    If that 10% is accurate, that translates to nearly a half a million rapes per year.  That's a staggering number.

I know, i still can't beleive it could be accurate... I mean, Bruce, how are your women even going out of their own home with such statistics... I surely would leave such a place if I were a woman there...

I mean, even with 127 a day it rounds to over 46k cases per year... this is already staggering... cant imagine nearly 500k to be true... just can;t be..

Edited by Darkpriest

I remember reading about 1/4 of all men in SA have raped somebody and a big number of them have been raped themselves. Meaning that there's a whole lot of men being raped by other men as well. 

I can't find the study though. Sounds too unreal. 

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Government not moving to crack down on this, Bruce?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know, i still can't beleive it could be accurate... I mean, Bruce, how are your women even going out of their own home with such statistics... I surely would leave such a place if I were a woman there...

I mean, even with 127 a day it rounds to over 46k cases per year... this is already staggering... cant imagine nearly 500k to be true... just can;t be..

Remember, one instance of rape is being penetrated by one man, once. So a gangrape would probably count as [number of offenders] cases of rape. If it happens repeatedly, you should multiply that by the number of occasions.

The number of rapes and the number of rape victims probably differs strongly.

Government not moving to crack down on this

I don't think SA's current government is interested in tackling issues that it can't blame on white people...

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I don't think SA's current government is interested in tackling issues that it can't blame on white people...

Yeah, ok, but my perception has been their government is bit of an incompetent mess rather than being racist. But that is from outside.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No its not that bad ...the government actually leaves us alone :)

John Milton 

Mad editing skills, yo. (SFW)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=18c_1448405998

I would say that IS have pretty clear goals on what they want.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Mad editing skills, yo. (SFW)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=18c_1448405998

I would say that IS have pretty clear goals on what they want.

You are doing God's work.  sisi3.gif

That's the propaganda that they use and what their supporters believe. If you want to tackle them, always use their own information against them.

//Sun Tzu and stuff

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Napalm works well too.

Seriously, the only reasons ISIS is still alive is that everyone sees the other factions in the Syrian war as the more pressing enemy. The west doesn't want to fight ISIS to give Assad breathing room and the Russians have to wreck the western supported Al Qaeda elements to help Assad survive. Other than that, the Toyota Caliphate's life expectancy is about the same as of a pig in Tehran once this mess starts heading towards its conclusion. 

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

“We didn’t go after oil wells, actually hitting oil wells that ISIS controls, because we didn’t want to do environmental damage, and we didn’t want to destroy that infrastructure,” Michael Morell said Tuesday on PBS’s “Charlie Rose.”

-- http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/261283-ex-cia-chief-fear-for-environment-stays-us-hand-on-isis-oil-wells

:rolleyes:

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Wait, weve had direct access to ME oil (Iraq) for ~25 years yet somehow we haven't gotten around to taking it over for our own business. Weird. I wish the Illuminati Jews would get moving on this project. I'm tired of my GOD given right to free gasoline being ignored.

• Like 5